So it's official. EU forums DON'T matter.

General
1 2 3 7 Next
So, it's official now. The EU forums don't matter one single bit to Blizzard and might as well be closed. In fact, might as well close the EU servers as well while they are at it since EU players have no voice at all and nothing of value to contribute to this 'American' game for 'Americans'.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1086251-upcoming-changes-to-the-na-wow-mvp-program/

Where is the 'community discussion' on various issues with Blizz from EU posters ?

Correct. It's nowhere, and never will be because EU players are 2nd class citizens and always will be. EU players are clearly incapable of expressing any thoughts and opinions on any matters whatsoever and obviously can't string 2 sentences together in a legible and intelligent way to someone else.

Of all the changes ever made to WoW, the 'upcoming changes to the NA WoW MPV program' are the biggest knife in the back, the biggest snub, that EU players will ever receive.

Rather than 'Bring the player not the class', for EU players at least they should change the mantra to 'Just hand over your euros and keep quiet'.

Next time you log on, remember that Blizzard isn't interested in you. Next time you feel like saying something on the forum, don't bother, your voice and opinion are totally irrelevant.
17/02/2018 06:17Posted by Lswindrunner
https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1086251-upcoming-changes-to-the-na-wow-mvp-program/

Of note, these changes DO NOT affect any region or franchise outside of World of Warcraft in North America, and these changes also do not apply to our awesome Customer and Technical Support MVPs who do great things.
17/02/2018 06:22Posted by Rhovanor
17/02/2018 06:17Posted by Lswindrunner

Of note, these changes DO NOT affect any region or franchise outside of World of Warcraft in North America, and these changes also do not apply to our awesome Customer and Technical Support MVPs who do great things.

'All of this led us to think we needed to be realigning the purpose of the program slightly, as we want to more actively empower the group to engage in discussions with us on various community issues, happening on the forums and in our greater community. This would also include working to provide insight into community and gameplay feedback they may see around the community, with direct conversations between the WoW community team and the WoW MVP group as a whole on a regular basis

Result: There will be NO talking with EU players.
Result: Community and gameplay feedback by EU players is NOT required.
Yea, im thinking: what does this mean for our european mvp's? It dosen't seem to affect them in any way? So maybe it's not so bad after all? Dunno though. The blue post isen't very clear about it imo.
17/02/2018 06:30Posted by ßãßçä
Yea, im thinking: what does this mean for our european mvp's? It dosen't seem to affect them in any way? So maybe it's not so bad after all? Dunno though. The blue post isen't very clear about it imo.

European MPV's don't talk to Blizz devs. US MVP's will be doing so to relate various gameplay and community issues. Which means that ANYTHING posted on the EU forum doesn't matter, and won't go anywhere, because Blizz is only interested in American feedback.
You can always vote with your wallet

Or join an NA server

Don’t get me wrong; I don’t support our apparent lack of importance, but I’ve enjoyed the game for the last 13 years and we weren’t important then either; so not a lot has really changed.
17/02/2018 06:35Posted by Iggwilv

Or join an NA server

Don’t get me wrong; I don’t support our apparent lack of importance, but I’ve enjoyed the game for the last 13 years and we weren’t important then either; so not a lot has really changed.

The officiality of it has changed. Not being important has finally been printed in blue ink now.
17/02/2018 06:38Posted by Lswindrunner
17/02/2018 06:35Posted by Iggwilv

Or join an NA server

The officiality of it has changed. Not being important has finally been printed in blue ink now.

And this makes a difference because.......?
The blue post isen't very clear about it imo.

They are opening up the MVP program to application so you can go through a vetting process to become a green knight rather than creating a "What is you're favourite colour in patch x" post twice a day in the hope you'll be picked to wear a sheriffs badge.

OP is pissed as can't apply in the EU and has to carry on asking what our favourite colour is!
It has been official for many years. There are only a few blue posters on the EU forum and they only reply to useless, cute and cuddly normie posts.

EU is like the pvp aspect of the game, Blizz doesen't care about it.
Blizzard has gone to the trashcan ever since activision got involved.

That was the line where money became more important that their games or their community.
17/02/2018 06:45Posted by Rhovanor
The blue post isen't very clear about it imo.

They are opening up the MVP program to application so you can go through a vetting process to become a green knight rather than creating a "What is you're favourite colour in patch x" post twice a day in the hope you'll be picked to wear a sheriffs badge.

OP is pissed as can't apply in the EU and has to carry on asking what our favourite colour is!

Wrong on so many levels. I've never wanted MVP etc. What is wrong and what people (in the EU at least) are gonna be p'd about, is that they officially mean nothing to Blizzard apart from their sub.
What makes you think people are going to be pissed by an application form for MVP status in the US? Oh wait, it's the weekend and we need some faux outrage to pad out post counts.

In the end, nothing we do ultimately matters. And then we die.
17/02/2018 06:41Posted by Iggwilv

Because now it's not just a bunch of paranoid delusions, there's actual proof.

In actuality there is no difference, just our perception of things.
I think you highly overestimate the importance of forums regardless of region. Watcher doesnt go to the NA forums to have a chat with the folks after work either you know. The main goal of this service is to give players a place where they can cry over (unimportant) stuff and maybe ask for help or to communicate with other players. It is not a place where you can have a personal chat with the developers.
Sure if something is really getting big a community manager might tell the developers but they themself wont and cant read all that "feedback" players give.
So dont think that if you could post on NA they will do exactly what you tell them because they wont.
We've known that since they posted the Developer Documentary where they knocked the EU Forums for not being a good place to get feedback years after people have given up having their EU feedback listened to.
17/02/2018 09:02Posted by Kubluku
17/02/2018 06:41Posted by Iggwilv

Because now it's not just a bunch of paranoid delusions, but there's actual proof.

In actuality there is no difference, just our perception of things.

Well, i think there is... let me elaborate.

We all know the sub prices right?

14.99 dolars for na servers, thats 12.08 euros with actual standards.

12.99 euros for eu servers, thats 16.12$.

The difference is tiny and mostly uninsignificant BUT we do pay more just because we’re europeans.

We all know how wow services increased almost a 25% in europe (by my knowledge, since all articles i’ve read were about european services, if you have any that talks about the same thing for na services, please post it and pardon my mistake).

And now they are giving us the middle finger. The official one.

Yes, money difference isn’t that much, but there is and shouldn’t be. Also, can anyone tell me what the price of the game is in NA? To compare it with the EU prices.

Anyway, the difference isn’t big but there is, if you sum this up to what they said earlier, well.. you know, you kinda feel like you don’t matter.
17/02/2018 09:03Posted by Krebsbein
I think you highly overestimate the importance of forums regardless of region. Watcher doesnt go to the NA forums to have a chat with the folks after work either you know. The main goal of this service is to give players a place where they can cry over (unimportant) stuff and maybe ask for help or to communicate with other players. It is not a place where you can have a personal chat with the developers.
Sure if something is really getting big a community manager might tell the developers but they themself wont and cant read all that "feedback" players give.
So dont think that if you could post on NA they will do exactly what you tell them because they wont.

Considering the amount of crap Blues sometimes get when they are on the forums, I can understand it when they don't show up all the time.
Not to forget, alot are just community/forum engagement or mvps, just there to talk to people, they don't have all the answers or know everything the dev team is planning or doing. Some people don't seem to realize that at all.
(talking about some fun topic from a few days ago, a blue (forum engagement) responded and several posts after were "omg go work on class balance instead of wasting time here!!!!!" So yeah...)

And like you said, it's impossible to read every "feedback" post on every forum, but I also think that CMs notify them when a topic is going big. Every forum had it's dungeon-xp post and that got changed in the end so... They do listen but as there are millions of players, it's simply impossible to please every single one of them. And to be honest it would also be silly to listen to every single suggestion on here though... (talking about the "I don't like X, so it should just be removed" kind of posts)