So it's official. EU forums DON'T matter.

General
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I never had any illusion that Blizzard was interested in me beyond my money and providing me an experience entertaining enough so that I keep sending them my money.

And you know what, it's fine. Why would my voice among the millions of players stand out in any way? When they screw something up badly enough, it will affect US players as much as EU, and they will notice and change it.
17/02/2018 06:17Posted by Lswindrunner
Rather than 'Bring the player not the class', for EU players at least they should change the mantra to 'Just hand over your euros and keep quiet'.

What does that have to do with what you are posting about? Bringing the player hasn't been a thing since Wrath. Maybe before.

Anyway, on topic, All I see is they are asking for applications in the US now, nothing else has changed in the EU. Why the US only? Every game decision is made in the US, as that is where the game team are so it makes sense. Also in the US there are a lot more people posting and not as many MVPs per poster as in the EU.

The system should be made to allow applications in the EU, as long as they vetting isn't just how many posts and and upvotes someone has. MVPs need a certain attitude towards others, something which I don't have as I like to talk plainly and this can upset people. It's why I declined it.

If they do bring it over here then good luck to anyone who applies, remember, what is given can be taken away too.
I didn't... actually know... that we paid more than they did...
Even in the UK?
I mean, it doesn't bother me too much, if it costed 20 quid a month I'd find some way to guilt myself into paying it. (Don't let Blizzard or my Goblins find out!)
The pro troll always trying to stir the sh!t pot.

GG
17/02/2018 09:07Posted by Fishermán
We've known that since they posted the Developer Documentary where they knocked the EU Forums for not being a good place to get feedback years after people have given up having their EU feedback listened to.

This.

One of the most annoying things is that whenever the clown team fouls up royally - like with Cata’s ‘Raid or Die’ attitude driving off a third of the player base in just two Patches - the EU staff gets the axe first, the CM and CS interaction was better before in large part due to there simply being more of them.

In other words, all of us in the EU Region get affected by choices they make over the pond we have very little feedback let alone control over.

But yeah, they now made it even more clear than before, though we shouldn’t overstate the impact the US customer base on decisions, either.

I do wonder how that vetting process will actually take place, to me it sounds like they want to have more ‘Internet Influencers’ aka streamers and such on board. Dunno if that would be good as those kind of people argueably get paid to play iso the other way round (basically the customer base) but we’ll see I guess.
Well, given the OP, I can understand why you'd complain, since thats all you do.

And if they dont care for EU forums, why make a thread about it? They wont care about it either way.
17/02/2018 09:23Posted by Xarthat
I never had any illusion that Blizzard was interested in me beyond my money and providing me an experience entertaining enough so that I keep sending them my money.

And you know what, it's fine. Why would my voice among the millions of players stand out in any way? When they screw something up badly enough, it will affect US players as much as EU, and they will notice and change it.

For a large part you’re right.

There are however some uniquely European issues that aren’t been adressed at least in part because of the fixation on the US.

Best example by far is of course the deterimental pooling of Single Language Realms only against the polyglot-EU Realms never with in PuG PvP, an ongoing issue that only gotten worse over the years since it started with Cata (and Wrath for selected Battlegroups) - despite being realtively easy to adress (just mixx in all Single Language Realms into the general polyglot-Eu/‘English’ Realms, as was done with the Spannish, Italian and short-lived Portuguese Realms).

That topic really needs to be go out in the open on the US Fora, as it skews participation data and of course player enjoyment/Subs coming from the EU (don’t be fooled by the /played metric, as long as we pay Subs it are those that count for financial purposes).
Didn't America have this whole "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!" thingy a while ago?

Why are we paying for this if they go out of their way not to listen to our opinions?

How un-American of them, really.
I mean it's just a green color for your letters,who cares honestly.
That no one listens/looks into the EU forums is nothing new
17/02/2018 06:45Posted by Rhovanor
They are opening up the MVP program to application so you can go through a vetting process to become a green knight rather than creating a "What is you're favourite colour in patch x" post twice a day in the hope you'll be picked to wear a sheriffs badge.

this
With that legendary ring you dare to talk? HA! jk. Btw, you don't know anything about how blizzard takes people opinions because you don't work there, in fact, no player on this forum does. You're just another player who cries for nothing and wants attention. Peace
Well thanks to taxes, we pay more but get less service.

Yay blizzard!
17/02/2018 09:07Posted by Fishermán
We've known that since they posted the Developer Documentary where they knocked the EU Forums for not being a good place to get feedback years after people have given up having their EU feedback listened to.

Well to be honest... I agree.
Instead of well thought out constructive arguments formed to improve the game as a whole, all we ever get is threads moaning about how it affects just the one player and how things need to change right now or they quit.

It's a mess and I wouldn't try and salvage information from us either.
17/02/2018 11:20Posted by Moritz
all we ever get is threads moaning about how it affects just the one player and how things need to change right now or they quit.

There is and was plenty of good feedback. US also has a lot of troll-sh!t ...the only difference to US is that we are a bit more sarcastic.

People will allways complain... but its their f*cking job to filter good and bad feedback, not to ignore it.

EU is better in this game...(judging by progression and Tournaments) so its idiotic to not listen to us... also its flat-out rude...

If the Blues in this forum dont want to work with us, why they are even here and get paid? Most of us would get fired for such a bad service.

There is and was a lot of good feedback and they still ignore it... they simply dont care about other things than their vision (Which made this game into a Diablo mmo... rather than warcraft.)
Could've mentioned at the very least if other regions remain unchanged or if more changes will be announced on the future for the other regions. Would appreciate grater efforts at communication from blues.
17/02/2018 11:46Posted by Razorjaw
EU is better in this game...(judging by progression and Tournaments) so its idiotic to not listen to us... also its flat-out rude...

not replied to doesn't mean not heard.
I think replying on here is a very touchy subject as when it does happen normally users set the thread on fire within seconds because its not exactly what they wanted to hear.
When good feedback on here is few and far between and most of it is unreasonable, even if they do listen to us intently, they would get like what, 1 or 2 ideas a week? And it doesn't mean they will agree.
And with all the rage threads about exp and rep recently I'm sure they are aware some are unhappy but its completely possible they see the data on how many people are getting on with it without moaning and so they see this angry threads are not representative and not worth getting harassment over.
17/02/2018 09:42Posted by Udo
The pro troll always trying to stir the sh!t pot.

GG

Ah the enablers, always with a brown nose and easy to spot.

On topic, how is this news now again? It is official now that is for sure.

17/02/2018 10:24Posted by Sydienne
With that legendary ring you dare to talk? HA! jk. Btw, you don't know anything about how blizzard takes people opinions because you don't work there, in fact, no player on this forum does. You're just another player who cries for nothing and wants attention. Peace

With their track record? You really "need to know"? As said, brown nosers...
17/02/2018 11:20Posted by Moritz
all we ever get is threads moaning about how it affects just the one player and how things need to change right now or they quit.

There is and was plenty of good feedback. US also has a lot of troll-sh!t ...the only difference to US is that we are a bit more sarcastic.

People will allways complain... but its their f*cking job to filter good and bad feedback, not to ignore it.

If the Blues in this forum dont want to work with us, why they are even here and get paid? Most of us would get fired for such a bad service.

There is and was a lot of good feedback and they still ignore it... they simply dont care about other things than their vision (Which made this game into a Diablo mmo... rather than warcraft.)

indeed you just have to look a bit to find it. But in class forums and on ptr forums, and class developtment ive seen alot of good posts that never got a blue.
The whole concept of EU and NA general forums is stupid to begin with.
Theres 0 reason why we can't have one large and actually active general forum. 99% of the time we're talking about general WoW things, not EU related stuff.

EU could also update on a Tuesday.
Blizzard still treats WoW as if the internet hasn't evolved in 14 years.
We already knew that. Blizzard never accepted the fact that the EU playerbase (including the russians) happen to be the better players in every area overall despite even having stated that during the Timeless isle interview back in MoP.
It's been obvious ever since TBC beta to those that cared enough to look up things. Blizzard has always ignored EU feedback completely on everything. EU forums are for !@#$posting and nothing else.