So it's official. EU forums DON'T matter.

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
17/02/2018 12:29Posted by Ixenn
Theres 0 reason why we can't have one large and actually active general forum. 99% of the time we're talking about general WoW things, not EU related stuff.
Well, having a significantly lower amount of topics to study and respond to in the rare case of dev appearances is one reason.

Of course you're free to file that under unwarranted paranoia, but it's a pretty simple way to limit staff numbers, working hours and energy spent on userbase interactions without coming off as customer unfriendly overall. It's pretty easy to maintain an aura of decency if you divide a group, announce a designated scapegoat or bad child, point out its flaws by referring to singular incidents of little relevance, use it as a reason to ignore and dismiss valid complaints and then wait until the scapegoat's gotten discouraged enough to either retreat and complain no more or throws tantrums out of sheer frustration, further proving their bad child status - all while treating others with great consideration and positive attention. "Oh, those EU guys and their childish ascii posts, know what i mean? They're just making it so hard for us to help them! "
Just sayin'. It doesn't need to be an intentional process to work this way, especially since it really is a process unfolding over years in this case.
From the World of Warcraft looking for group documentary remember this part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPzTywUBsQ&t=51m11s
to be fair, have you guys compared our crap with the US? lol our forum is mostly angry man child rants. US is the mainland for feedback.

and when we do have something original to post about, the US forum has already been talking about it with the Devs on there side.

this forum is just to bring us together, nothing more <3
17/02/2018 13:29Posted by Penya
to be fair, have you guys compared our crap with the US? lol our forum is mostly angry man child rants. US is the mainland for feedback.

and when we do have something original to post about, the US forum has already been talking about it with the Devs on there side.

this forum is just to bring us together, nothing more <3

One thing feeds the other though: years of consistent CM / developer neglect of the EU forums has led to fewer people posting well articulated feedback, because... what's the point? Mostly the goofball and troll threads have remained because of precisely Blizzard ignoring this forum when it comes down to meaningful and important discussions.

This here blue post that the OP linked is simply the final nail in coffin. This is the message clearly telling every EU player not to bother with giving feedback since Blizzard doesn't care about you.
well, you know, EU is more like a concept, then a... uh.. forum?

anyway
Does it even matter that the wow devs don't listen to the eu playerbase that much? Like, I can't imagine the average na player to be vastly different and have vastly different opinions about the game than the average eu player.

Basically, if there is a portion of the eu playerbase that wants something, my bet is that a portion of the na playerbase wants it as well. Different viewpoints will still be heard, this isn't a big deal.
17/02/2018 06:17Posted by Lswindrunner
Correct. It's nowhere, and never will be because EU players are 2nd class citizens and always will be. EU players are clearly incapable of expressing any thoughts and opinions on any matters whatsoever and obviously can't string 2 sentences together in a legible and intelligent way to someone else.

Did you still believe that blizzard thought anything else, ever, at all? They are americans: that means you have to shout at them at the top of your lungs because it makes your words more true then fling some dollar bills in their faces (see how stupid it is to generalize, murica?).

They don't care about anything from abroad at all. Apparently we kill our elderly randomly, go to work on ice skates, burn our politicians... and they really believe it too until there's an outcry proving otherwise. Sigh. Now let me go outside and sacrifice my firstborn for a better world, y'all.
I think this might have something to do, with a US MVP flaming a user on the US forums
I mean we didn't need confirmation, we've knew this for years
17/02/2018 14:25Posted by Syrenah
I think this might have something to do, with a US MVP flaming a user on the US forums

Apparently not.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761996197?page=6#post-115

This has been in the works since last summer and the WoW MVPs knew about it but we were not allowed to talk about it. Nothing at Blizzard happens that fast, particularly not program wide changes.

The Community MVP program was run by Zarhym who left Blizzard. There had been talk of changes but nothing came of it and the program kind of stagnated. Many MVPs moved on in life and no longer posted, etc. They wanted to revitalize the program and got to thinking about what they wanted to see for the WoW community.

This initiative is the current version so we will see how that goes.

Honestly, I don't think it matters much, and any feeling of offence or significance is overblown.
Make us all mvps, its only fair i think
17/02/2018 15:14Posted by Eggs

i think i would make a great mvps: "i'm deeply sorry to hear that you lost your chestpiece. However, you may be able to get it back by going to your vendor in "Buyback" and your item might be there"

omg i'm actually pretty good.
17/02/2018 15:14Posted by Eggs

America prides itself on 'supposedly' being a democracy.

In a democracy, EVERY voice should matter, no matter how little or large it is.

However as far as Blizz are concerned it seems that 'democracy' only extends as far as the Atlantic.
Its annoys me that EU has

The best PVE guilds
The best 3 v 3 players
The Highest rated RBG
The best mythic dungeon teams

all these can be looked up and confirmed as top rank yet the still treat us as 2nd rate its unfair and disgusting tbh .
So, it's official now. The EU forums don't matter one single bit to Blizzard and might as well be closed. In fact, might as well close the EU servers as well while they are at it since EU players have no voice at all and nothing of value to contribute to this 'American' game for 'Americans'.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1086251-upcoming-changes-to-the-na-wow-mvp-program/

Where is the 'community discussion' on various issues with Blizz from EU posters ?

Correct. It's nowhere

Now, LSW, you know I like and respect you, lets start with that... however, you have blown this out of proportion and to be honest, your post is like a headline from the Daily Mail. I thought higher of you than that.

The changes coming to the way the MVP program works is going to be US only and WoW US only. So at this time it has no bearing on the EU and therefore discussion on the EU forum was not needed nor required.

I do strongly suspect that if the new changes have a positive effect on the NA forums then the changes may well come here, I am all for that, because if they have a positive effect across the pond, they will very likely have the same effect here. Even if that means that for me to remain an MvP I have to re-apply just as the US greens are doing right now.

The changes are being introduced on NA for several reasons. They don't have as many Community MvP's (by Community I mean non-CS/Tech support forum MvP's) and some of those MvP's they did have were not active enough. So this new method of appointing MvP's has been introduced to bridge that gap and at the same time using a different method of selection. It's no more than that and as I said, if it works there, we will very likely get it here too.

Now, just to further persuade you to put the tin foil back on the supermarket shelf, we have been the first region to try out other things on our forums before the NA forums had it. The Forum Engagement blues that you see posting here for instance, that was (and may still be) EU only.

Sometimes changes to methods and presence need to be "tested" first and both regions have been "first" on said testing of quite a few changes.
17/02/2018 16:04Posted by Shammoz
So, it's official now. The EU forums don't matter one single bit to Blizzard and might as well be closed. In fact, might as well close the EU servers as well while they are at it since EU players have no voice at all and nothing of value to contribute to this 'American' game for 'Americans'.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1086251-upcoming-changes-to-the-na-wow-mvp-program/

Where is the 'community discussion' on various issues with Blizz from EU posters ?

Correct. It's nowhere

Now, LSW, you know I like and respect you, lets start with that... however, you have blown this out of proportion and to be honest, your post is like a headline from the Daily Mail. I thought higher of you than that.

The changes coming to the way the MVP program works is going to be US only and WoW US only. So at this time it has no bearing on the EU and therefore discussion on the EU forum was not needed nor required.

I do strongly suspect that if the new changes have a positive effect on the NA forums then the changes may well come here, I am all for that, because if they have a positive effect across the pond, they will very likely have the same effect here. Even if that means that for me to remain an MvP I have to re-apply just as the US greens are doing right now.

The changes are being introduced on NA for several reasons. They don't have as many Community MvP's (by Community I mean non-CS/Tech support forum MvP's) and some of those MvP's they did have were not active enough. So this new method of appointing MvP's has been introduced to bridge that gap and at the same time using a different method of selection. It's no more than that and as I said, if it works there, we will very likely get it here too.

Now, just to further persuade you to put the tin foil back on the supermarket shelf, we have been the first region to try out other things on our forums before the NA forums had it. The Forum Engagement blues that you see posting here for instance, that was (and may still be) EU only.

Sometimes changes to methods and presence need to be "tested" first and both regions have been "first" on said testing of quite a few changes.

No sorry Shamz that doesnt cut it at all ,the new blues hardly post at all thats a fact.
We still get news about 24 hours later thats a fact.
When they do post the never reply and keep an eye on thats a fact.
We dont need more MVPs at all we just need better and more posts on these forums and thats a fact.
Dont try and defend them at all we are treated with distain by them .
17/02/2018 13:10Posted by Annemarie
Well, having a significantly lower amount of topics to study and respond to in the rare case of dev appearances is one reason.

Or they could start removing troll topics. The amount of troll topics on our forum is way too high and the amount of deleted troll topics in comparison to the overall troll topics is way too low. And yes, you can identify a troll or utterly nonconstructive topic very fast.

we have been the first region to try out other things on our forums before the NA forums had it

Like the Forum pruning we once had until they received a MASSIVE outrage by us you mean (and dont give me the test excuse. Any nitwit could have forseen the outrage. Not to mention the combination of many forums (like ranked and unranked PvP) was utterly stupid to begin with).

Also that news are posted on US and we Europeans dont even have a chance to respond in their thread, yet alone being informed through a separate thread for EU (which would also be good to see the insights of EU and US respectively). And yes, it happens sometimes, but not always as it should be.

Dont give them more credit then what they are worth. Even if Windrunners post is blown out of proportion (mainly because nobody really cares about the MvP programm except for in the newcommer sections where you are of use)
17/02/2018 16:20Posted by Divinius
No sorry Shamz that doesnt cut it at all ,the new blues hardly post at all thats a fact.
We dont need more MVPs at all we just need better and more posts on these forums and thats a fact.

I'm not addressing the US vs EU point in my post. I am addressing why these particular changes that LSW brought up are US only.

True fact, the US players think the EU forums get more attention.
Thread in point:-
Why is EU Special?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754816623?page=1
17/02/2018 16:20Posted by Divinius

sorry about the long !@# quote, but idk how to cut it to what you said.

but i like to point out that blues do posts. but something is wrong with them: "i'm loving your transmog guys ^^ keep it up!" like dude '.'