Deletion

General
thread no longer active.
You mean the thread literally just below this one, right here on the first page?

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618104210

Seems a bit more unethical throwing out baseless accusations of censorship than changing system requirements to this side of the millennium.
It's still there to me, but these forums have been buggy for a while, it might take a while before it shows up to you (no idea why that is, i've had it take up to a day before a topic I posted shows up), it won't show up in your post history (again not sure why, but that's been broken for months) and in general the forums are a bit of a mess.

I would give you a bit of advice about this though: Never attribute to mallice that which is adaquately explained by thoughtlessness.
14/03/2018 01:53Posted by Drae
You mean the thread literally just below this one, right here on the first page?

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618104210

Seems a bit more unethical throwing out baseless accusations of censorship than changing system requirements to this side of the millennium.

It didn't show up in my post history so naturally I asumed they did it again.

An honest mistake.
I didn't see your original post. Was it up for long? Did you see it up for long? Quite seriously, the forum has a bug that sometimes eats posts. If you submitted and it didn't appear, that could be it.

1. I think this forum is quite well moderated. There are rules, and while they aren't always applied in the way that I would see best, I've never seen them applied unfairly. Very rarely, I've seen threads locked and I have no idea why, like someone hit the button on the wrong thread, but very rarely. Did you do something against the rules like putting caps or "BLIZZARD" in your title? Blizzard allow criticism, including strong critisism, here. If they didn't, it would just pop up on MMO-C or Reddit anyway. And Gawd knows there's already enough on YouTube. :)

I can say with reasonable certainty that the mods did not delete a thread just because it complained about 64-bit.

2. I got to the stage of disliiusionment with the computer indistry's dishonest manipulation of the market a couple of decades ago. I'd say the start of the Stacker case was the point at which I gave up on any hope of finding integrity or fairness for the average user. I was equally annoyed at the forced obsolescence and re-buying required by the Y2K and the 64-bit protection rackets a decade or two ago.

I'll give you all of that.

However, 64-bit is now long established as baseline. I could look up how long, but it must be 6 or 7 years since manufacturers were shipping PCs with 32-bit CPUs. In this case, Blizzard has already held the line as long as can be expected.

I think their bumping of graphics requirements for BfA is questionable, but I think they're justified in not supporting both clients anymore.