Replace Orgrimmar

General
1 2 3 5 Next
Orgrimmar is the worst city in Warcraft History. Even the temporary, now-irrelevant fortresses that the Horde placed on Northrend are better than Orgrimmar. Why does the capital of the Horde look like a massive pig herding pen, but outdated fortresses in dead zones resemble steampunk bastions of excellent design that has not been seen on the Horde side since then?

This horrendous city is basically a latrine. A giant trash pit that would contain explosions inside of it, an exposed backside with only one gate that is the closest point to their nearest enemies, and it's ugly as can be.

Why do the Alliance have the privilege of remaining in unmatched splendour in beautiful cities(Stormwind, Darnassus(for now), Ironforge, Gilneas(in the future)), having only a mediocre city in Exodar, but the Horde are forced to wallow in furniture-lacking red tents in the middle of a trash-heap latrine(Orgrimmar), some logs with empty buildings(Thunder Bluff), and outdated Silvermoon, whose low-resolution textures are nearly as ugly as the disgusting trash heap that is Orgrimmar, a city do appalling, I refuse to even gaze upon the nighmarishly ghastly pit, for fear that I would lose my visions via taking sight of the abysmal piles?

The Horde needs superior cities. They have Goblins and two races of Elves, and yet all they can do is pile up some wood and add some unnecessary metal scraps to make visually appalling, indefensible tactical nightmares that achieve nothing other than making the Horde look like unwashed savages with no mind or reason in their designs?

The only decent Horde city is Undercity, and yet it will soon be collapsed, so that all the Horde must wallow in the disgusting, aforementioned cities! This is frankly abysmal. The Orcs, Tauren, and non-Zandalari Trolls can't make anything decent, and thus their useless architecture must be replaced.
true they should place it with a tiny tent to more exact display the "mighty" horde's power
I support surumar or silvermoon as horde capital
16/02/2018 17:58Posted by Ciël

Suramar looks good, but Silvermoon looks dreadful. It's so outdated, it's tied with Thunder Bluff as the second ugliest Horde city.
Ironforge and Thunder Bluff are the best faction cities respectively.
16/02/2018 17:59Posted by Yusariz
16/02/2018 17:58Posted by Ciël

Suramar looks good, but Silvermoon looks dreadful. It's so outdated, it's tied with Thunder Bluff as the second ugliest Horde city.

it still looks pretty good (the not ruined part which lorewise is long rebuild) but imagine silvermoon with surumar lvl of graphics if/when blizz updates it.
I don't really know what else you want,the Horde isn't as "civilized" as the Alliance.
That's why both elf types stand out with their cities.
But Suramar as a capital hmmmmmmmm yas

16/02/2018 18:00Posted by Fishermán

Ironforge yes,Thunder Bluff is just a camp on a rock.
Over the years I do have lost my liking for Orgrimmar, it just feels rather puny towards some others (especially when you look at IF and SW).

I'm tired of the mud-huts and tribal design, the feeling is enforced by the integration of the other races. I'd expect some influences from them to the city design of Org.

I always loved my Undead places though, shame I'm losing UC. Thought the new Undead buildings were also great.
We lose our best city, and the good continent. Alliance loses an irrelevant backwater and gets away from all the smelly orcs and cows. Life just isn't fair. Will probably end up hanging out in Smellytown as Silvermoon just isn't half as convenient :\
16/02/2018 18:14Posted by Drae
We lose our best city, and the good continent. Alliance loses an irrelevant backwater and gets away from all the smelly orcs and cows. Life just isn't fair. Will probably end up hanging out in Smellytown as Silvermoon just isn't half as convenient :\

undercity isnt best city though, surumar and silvermoon are!
but thats one of reasons they need ot update silvermoon, give it surumar lvl graphics, portals like dalaran mog npc and a barber.
Its the sole reason I don't play Horde.. Petty I know.. But its so damn ugly. Please change Suramar into a functioning capital!
16/02/2018 18:00Posted by Fishermán

Ironforge is likely my favorite city, I'm a sucker for underground towns.

Thunder Bluff is just irredeemably bad. I thought giant log cities could be interesting, but it's very boring in appearance. The buildings are tiny with big-!@# openings so they barely operate as shelter, and they all lack decoration.
Silvermoon should indeed be the hordes capital, i see nothing but blood elf females in Orgrimmar:/
Your a Void Elf, what does it matter what our cities look.
Stick your <Snip> in ugly Stormwind and shut it.
16/02/2018 18:17Posted by Ciël
undercity isnt best city though, surumar and silvermoon are!
but thats one of reasons they need ot update silvermoon, give it surumar lvl graphics, portals like dalaran mog npc and a barber.
I admit I'm something of a Forsaken fan, but I think Undercity is best from a technical point of view. There are four symmetrical districts with names appropriate to what you expect to find in them; magic quarter for casters and related professions, war quarter for warriors and such, rogues' quarter for all the sneaks and leather stuff etc. Bank and auctioneers are conveniently near each other in the middle with easy access to all the vendors and flight path too. Random pvp raids don't happen a lot either, as the whole thing with the elevators and long run topside seems to discourage it I guess.

Silvermoon certainly is a very pleasant and beautiful city, but everything is all over the place and it's quite inconvenient when you're on a slow or no mount. So unless it gets changed with BfA, it's not a better city in its current state.

Suramar certainly has potential to be good, but there's no way to say in its current form.
Or just stay <snip> away
I'd remove Stormwind if I could tbh
Give us back the old vanilla-layout of Orgrimmar rather than removing it.
You mention temporary fortresses in northrend. But you do realize it already has been updated in that kind of style. Now its reinforced with alot of saronite. Before it was literally terrible stone walls with some wood on it
16/02/2018 18:55Posted by Oldmangeorge
You mention temporary fortresses in northrend. But you do realize it already has been updated in that kind of style. Now its reinforced with alot of saronite. Before it was literally terrible stone walls with some wood on it

The fortress is actually a comptact, metal fortress with elevators and the like. The whole thing is made out of metal. It is foreboding, and beautiful.

Orgrimmar does not have this aesthetic. It only has two metal slabs in some floors and some metal on the walls. The elevators are slow as can be, and everything else is made out of poorly constructed wood.