WOW 2 DELETE W/OUT ID PIC

Customer Support
so i wanted to delete my wow 2 and i reached to a point where i have to send a photo of my id...is there any other way of doing that?
Hello Wheatdaemon,

Depends, if your WoW 2 is a Trial Account, you can do that yourself in your Account management page. If it is a full licence, a government issued ID is required.

Kind regards

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kiemmaki
14/02/2018 16:17Posted by Wheatdaemon
i have to send a photo of my id

When I created my account I wasn't advised to use my goverment name so I didn't, now if my account got hacked, what happens next?

If it is a full licence, a government issued ID is required.

Again this is assuming that everyone used their goverment name when they created their account.
14/02/2018 16:17Posted by Wheatdaemon
i have to send a photo of my id

When I created my account I wasn't advised to use my goverment name so I didn't, now if my account got hacked, what happens next?

If it is a full licence, a government issued ID is required.

Again this is assuming that everyone used their goverment name when they created their account.

Its a security measure ofc, they need to know its actually your account. Driving licence, passport etc, but why would it be in a different name in the first place?
14/02/2018 17:42Posted by Canabal
When I created my account I wasn't advised to use my goverment name so I didn't

Well, the Eula you agreed to when creating the Account, states exactly that
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/eula.html
"When creating, or updating an Account, you are required to provide Blizzard with certain accurate and up to date personal information such as, but not limited to, your name, address [...]"

Get in touch with Customer Support to see if they can sort this out for you.

Kind regards

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kiemmaki
14/02/2018 17:51Posted by Kiemmaki
Well, the Eula you agreed to when creating the Account

Yeah mate, no one reads those things, plus with the letters being so small it makes it even more tedious to read which I guess was the point of them being that small.

14/02/2018 17:51Posted by Kiemmaki
Get in touch with Customer Support to see if they can sort this out for you.

Other than a goverment issued ID, anything I provide Customer Support with, wouldn't be sufficient, because if it would be, what would be the need for a goverment issued ID in the first place?
Yeah mate, no one reads those things

How is that anyone but your own fault? Blizz wrote rules, on which you are required to agree in order to play their game(s); not their fault you skip em'

plus with the letters being so small it makes it even more tedious to read which I guess was the point of them being that small.

If only you could somehow make em' bigger on a computer...
14/02/2018 19:03Posted by Arent
How is that anyone but your own fault? Blizz wrote rules, on which you are required to agree in order to play their game(s); not their fault you skip em'

I wasn't placing blame, my point was a photo ID is a bit much, the authenticator should be enough.

That's your take away, that I should make the letters bigger and not you wondering why they are that small in the first place.
My question is, why would you agree to something you don't even know the terms of? One of the earliest things teenage-me learned was to never sign off on something without knowing what exactly you are agreeing to.
Heck, South Park did a whole shtick about it.

Read the docs. It's not hard, and saves you a lot of future trouble like this one.
what is a wow 2? is there a successor to wow that I missed? oO
14/02/2018 22:04Posted by Kyb
what is a wow 2? is there a successor to wow that I missed? oO

Account names, nowadays they're listed as WoW1, WoW2, etc.
Edit: Meow, guess due all the komma's I misread it.
If it was that easy to delete a non-Trial account, hackers would have a field-day...
My advice is wait to May until GDPR comes to effect in whole EU and than demand your right to be forgotten.

If they refuse to - even without IDs (which are not necessary for such act) report them to authorities.

Eulas are never above laws of your country, resp. EU as a whole.
Yeah mate, no one reads those things

plus with the letters being so small it makes it even more tedious to read which I guess was the point of them being that small.

Actually UK law is quite specific on that point. If a contract is written in an abnormally small font, or obfuscated in other ways to make it difficult to read and understand, then they are legally invalid. But you'd have to go through a while court hearing to prove it so.
15/02/2018 21:27Posted by Raywhisper
My advice is wait to May until GDPR comes to effect in whole EU and than demand your right to be forgotten.

If they refuse to - even without IDs (which are not necessary for such act) report them to authorities.

Would the right to be forgotten really apply to this, though? I thought it was only for information publicly available to be removed. Your account information is something meant to be kept as private as possible.