why nobody talks ?

General
I just came from WOTLK and I don't understand why generals chats are so empty even though I see people everywhere. (I play in Outland)

Is there a reason why people don't talk ? what happened ?
I always talk on general chat... to myself...
23/02/2018 17:00Posted by Jesi
I always talk on general chat... to myself...

It’s when you answer yourself and it’s wrong, that’s the time to worry..
Plus the game thinks I am retard with tutorial popups everywhere that I can't disable
spells are learned & added automatically, and free, lol wtf
23/02/2018 17:02Posted by Wellxer
Plus the game thinks I am retard with tutorial popups everywhere that I can't disable

Press ESC -> System -> Display. You can disable them here.
Because trade and general is full of Plebs selling "Boosts" to the lesser plebs so they can turn around and buy things back from the lesser plebs who spend their time farming.
its nice to see you back, we are dealing with intergalactic stuff and titans now
The game's become anti-social more or less :p
The people you see probably arent generals, they are not allowed in the channel you are in.

Try changing channel to where the common folk are.
Idk, I'm leveling currently and I talk all the time with various people. Maybe you aren't leveling in popular zones or just maybe had bad luck.

Btw shout-out to worgen druid ganking in Un'goro, that's some dedication (he's been there for the last two days). Nothing like some ganking to bring people together.
Try Discord
You're on Outland. I suggest joining the Looking For Group channel (global) and type in "Trump is the best POTUS" or something else along those lines and go from there.

Talk about Sweden too.

And maybe even North Korea.
OP, stop ruining the serenity for everyone!
I don't mind the lack of chat in General
I've made similar observations. The very guild I'm in has +30 people online very often and yet it's drowned out by complete silence almost at all times, even when I try to get some conversation started.

I don't wanna harp on the old "it's blizzard's fault" but frankly, taking the game in a direction that allowed communication to be completely unnecesary in most areas of the game has meant that the entirety of it has become a wasteland, full of people who has no interest in talking to one another. There is no need to.
Big problem is, even in a guild........ to chat means to standstill and do nothing in order to type. So if your engrossed in questing and what not you don't want to be stopping and starting every few secs in order to reply. Voice chat with a guild or with friends is a totally different ball game. I know when I'm chatting in trade/general its because ive nothing else I want to do.
23/02/2018 16:58Posted by Wellxer
I just came from WOTLK and I don't understand why generals chats are so empty even though I see people everywhere. (I play in Outland)

Is there a reason why people don't talk ? what happened ?

Most people are on social media channels when they play WOW or they are simply there to finish quests and move on. I know that personally I am either on Skype or FB messenger when in WOW. It is just easier to use one of those mediums to voice with. Maybe try finding a Discord channel that is active and see if you can chat there.
Just popping in here... You say try find a discord channel that is active... Just installed it on my phone... Is it possible to just pop in at some random channel, and how?
I talk but most of the time no one responds, so I give up after a while.
Because nearly all reason to be social has been removed from that game, because of that the playerbase has changed over the years. If you now talk over the trade chat or generla chat you wont get a single answer, heck you are more likely to get reported for talking on a chat than getting a reply