Most shamanistic race?

Story
03/03/2018 13:53Posted by Velsyana
03/03/2018 12:53Posted by Valistri
Its like Blood Elves and Nightborne with the "Mage" class. It defines them and it's great.

A Blood Elf could become a shaman too:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Elementalist_Starion

Yet that's just wrong for all forms of lore. Shamanism isn't and shouldn't be an Elf thing. If any Elves take up such practices, it would be the Night Elves.
I'd say Tauren, they have always been shamanistic, where as the Orcs had Shamanism on Draenor but abandoned it at one point and the elements on Draenor are separate to the elements on Azeroth.
I would say Orcs followed very closely by Tauren.
03/03/2018 11:23Posted by Zakkaru
Trolls are deffinietly more shamanistic than a space goats.

Ok...? Except this has nothing to do with the argument..

It was, this is why I was arguing here.

Trolls are not snowflakes who deserve everything special and unique just for little them. Shamanism was always thought to be and is more of an Orc thing.
Shamanism isn't defined by how "tribal" something is. It's dependant on the lore for each race and as far as common lore tells us, Shamanism will always be more of an Orc thing and there's nothing wrong with that. It's great that Orcs have something that defines them and is reflective in their lore. Its like Blood Elves and Nightborne with the "Mage" class. It defines them and it's great.

Now I know your a Troll fan, but Trolls don't deserve or need to be special snowflakes. Elf fans have been told numerous times that Elves shouldn't be the best at everything...well the same applies here for your precious Trolls.

I never claimed that trolls are special snowflakes, or that they need to be dominant in everything - i don't know where you picked that from, especially when I never said that they're the most shamanistic. The subject was that they're not shamanistic at all is where I had an issue, and this is why I was arguing with people.
Shamanism is what mainly defines orcs, next to being warriors. If we look at Draenor, their way of a shaman is unlike anything seen on Azeroth or anywhere else, the power they possess and their deep connection to the very spiritual essence. Since ancient times they have been an extremely tribal race with primal practices you will see in no other race. Their shamanism varies from wild, savage to peaceful worship of spirits and elements.There is absolutely no other race that can compete with that.

Especially Draenei, who gained their powers through pity and despair.

Tauren, while being spiritual, have always been connected to Nature, wildlife and thus are very druidic in nature, no so much into elements, to say the least, aside from their connection to the land, to the Earthmother.

Trolls...eh, hard to define em as shamanistic by concept, given their nature and practices that would completely shunned upon by the elements. Also, they haven't shown much care for the spirits or ancestors in general, where as being a shaman means a complete communion with em for knowledge and wisdom.
I don't see tauren to be shamanistic at all. More like druidistic (whichbis a huge difference)
I place my vote on orcs because it was such a defining element (pun intended) throughout their history.
How people see a race is subjective and I won't be disputing opinions here.

But here's a bit of objectivity regarding Tauren culture atleast.
They've always had Shamanism and ancestor worship as pillars of their culture(the original totems the shaman class used were Tauren design).
The scrolls tell that Tauren practiced Druidism in their past, this was lost to them for a long time.
It was only recently, events around the time of World of Warcraft classic, that Malfurion Stormrage allowed Tauren to be a part of the Cenarion Circle and rekindle Druidism in their people.
Shamanism however had been a present and constant part of Tauren culture for as long as they remember.
02/03/2018 10:07Posted by Qulzan
02/03/2018 09:28Posted by Aylish
I'd say by lore it's orcs, but personally I feel like the Draenei are pretty proper shamans, same with Wildhammer Dwarves.

Both are not in question here and both cultures are really not shamanistic.

Well, I did say Orc by lore...
Some people here seem to be implying that because Troll Shamans get their power through a middle-man, Loa, they aren't Shaman, but that would mean Troll's have no classes other than "Loa worshipers". Priest >> through Loa worship, Hunter >> Life magics through Loa worship etc... I don't believe that is correct.

I see it like how Draenei worship the light through worshiping Na'aru and how Night Elves worship light, nature, arcane, basically everything by worshiping Elune.

To answer the OP's question, I'd say; Tauren > Orc > Troll > Pandaren > Draenei > Wildhammer > Goblin
07/03/2018 11:35Posted by Aylish
Well, I did say Orc by lore...

Sure, I meant the last two, not the Orcs, but it's a minor point.

07/03/2018 15:07Posted by Catsevii
Some people here seem to be implying that because Troll Shamans get their power through a middle-man, Loa, they aren't Shaman, but that would mean Troll's have no classes other than "Loa worshipers". Priest >> through Loa worship

Yes that's how it works. Sure they can (mostly Horde "Shamans") use the elements like other shamans, but that's the exception and the question was about their culture. Troll culture is not really shamanistic.