Solo ability casters in BGs

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
13/03/2018 20:16Posted by Ønikage
So the general opinion is that frost mage excels between all the spellcasters vs melee classes?

No. They are trash against melees. Don't listen to them. You'll regret it if you do that.
For what you want, go afflock.
I got a warlock, a shadow priest and a mage as casters.

I can say that warlock no matter what spec is the only one i can play without getting angry.

Each got good survival, cc, selfheal and damage.

Mages just drops like flies unless you want to do something, pop all cds and spam arcane explosion and slow people everywhere but whats the point, no selfheal and youll die sooner or later.

Warlock all the way.
Thanks for all the replies. It really does seem that Mage's survivability has gone down and also some key abilities (imo) like deep freeze.
I've tried the Boomkin but that's just not something I can get into.

I've always switched between Mage/Warlock and I guess for now I'll go with Warlock until they decide to give Mage back some of the things I liked it for.

Just one last question if anyone would confirm: does a Warlock have more burst than lets say an arcane Mage or any Mage spec?
So the general opinion is that frost mage excels between all the spellcasters vs melee classes?

No, frost mage is mediocre. And definitely isn't the main melee killer anymore.
15/03/2018 01:59Posted by Obilot
Affliction warlock and shadow priest are the best casters in BGs, other casters are mediocre at best.

Shadow priest can't hold their own against any melee.
15/03/2018 18:25Posted by Ønikage
It really does seem that Mage's survivability has gone down and also some key abilities (imo) like deep freeze.

Mage survivability is extremely bad, and it is also why warriors hardcounter mages in legion.
Its quite pathetic how i hit like 150k frost bolt on mage and 300k incinerate on destro warlock.

What happened?
16/03/2018 00:12Posted by Cróws
15/03/2018 01:59Posted by Obilot
Affliction warlock and shadow priest are the best casters in BGs, other casters are mediocre at best.

Shadow consistently does very well in BGs, still.
16/03/2018 20:25Posted by Obilot
16/03/2018 00:12Posted by Cróws

Shadow consistently does very well in BGs, still.

Indeed they do, but more because good shadowpriests are capable of reading the game and avoiding situations in which they are unfavourable ahead of time. Choosing instead to double down on the situations where they are exceptionally strong.
16/03/2018 21:25Posted by Ellipsìs
Indeed they do, but more because good shadowpriests are capable of reading the game and avoiding situations in which they are unfavourable ahead of time. Choosing instead to double down on the situations where they are exceptionally strong.

It's mainly having insane damage that is easy to cast, similar to affliction warlocks, and good CC that makes them great. Good players are able to read the game regardless of the class they play, so that is not what makes a difference.
I cant stand playing mage in pvp. Absolutely inferior crap class to any other caster 1v1. We need a healing like every other * caster.
19/03/2018 22:29Posted by Obilot
16/03/2018 21:25Posted by Ellipsìs

It's mainly having insane damage that is easy to cast, similar to affliction warlocks, and good CC that makes them great. Good players are able to read the game regardless of the class they play, so that is not what makes a difference.

Definitely, but I find bad shadows to be almost useless due to awful positioning awareness and routine ability to get 1v1d out of position instead of being somewhere helpful. At least on casters that have 1v1 or anti melee potential / mobility people who find themselves in those situations can get out of them.
19/03/2018 22:42Posted by Ellipsìs
anti melee potential

I don't think there currently are any. Or, in fact, the only ones that truly do are shadow and affliction I find, at least in BGs. Though mainly due to their damage potential. Mage currently sucks against any decent melee.

As far as I know there are no casters at the moment that have the mobility to get out of melee range reliably. Arcane is possibly the only spec that truly can, but combined with insta invisibility.

19/03/2018 22:42Posted by Ghazpeshi
I cant stand playing mage in pvp. Absolutely inferior crap class to any other caster 1v1. We need a healing like every other * caster.

I find that the mechanics are there, but the damage is too low and survivability is extremely bad. Shields literally disappear after half an auto attack. Fire can be good if the damage is retuned/buffed.
Well trust me. The best caster in a bg and in a 1v1 scenario are the casters who almost don't cast. Seriously: go to Affli warlock or Ele shaman (but make sure to put on flame shock on everything you see to get istant cast proc).

Trust me!
Bm or Mm hunters are fun solo. So many tricks, you feel like a elite special force carrying out a mission.

I was having fun yesterday just pissing around with a demon hunter who i could kite... yeah you heard me a demon hunter getting kited lol.
20/03/2018 04:29Posted by Xinwu
demon hunter who i could kite... yeah you heard me a demon hunter getting kited lol.

wat

xD
Arcane Mage is awesome Solo class in BGs. You can 1v1 nearly every spec in the game without even sweating and if you can't you can just run away thanks to godlike mobility. Mage kit is so versatile that playing it never gets boring. You can be awesome AoE Dmg dealer literally melting enemy hp bars,
Good base defender thanks to ice block/no travel time spell/ awesome 1v1 capability/ ability to 1vX for ages until help comes
Healer/FC evaporater thanks to insane burst on AP and Travel time of Arcane Missiles
Ninja base caper thanks to spammable CC and two invisibilities/Displacement and sick burst
Just plain pain in the !@# for defending people who you can troll whole game
Decent flag carrier

Arcane Mage is just like a Swiss knife so you will never get bored with it
23/03/2018 12:31Posted by Katryu
Arcane Mage is awesome Solo class in BGs. You can 1v1 nearly every spec in the game without even sweating and if you can't you can just run away thanks to godlike mobility. Mage kit is so versatile that playing it never gets boring. You can be awesome AoE Dmg dealer literally melting enemy hp bars,
Good base defender thanks to ice block/no travel time spell/ awesome 1v1 capability/ ability to 1vX for ages until help comes
Healer/FC evaporater thanks to insane burst on AP and Travel time of Arcane Missiles
Ninja base caper thanks to spammable CC and two invisibilities/Displacement and sick burst
Just plain pain in the !@# for defending people who you can troll whole game
Decent flag carrier

Because I have never seen another arcane mage even come close to your opening burst damage, and 99% of the ones I see fall over / do almost nothing all BG and only server to irritate me, I'm gonna make the assumption most people find arcane mage significantly harder than you do.
15/03/2018 09:19Posted by Elisabett
No. They are trash against melees. Don't listen to them. You'll regret it if you do that.

The only place, where Frost has any usefulness whatsoever is if you never leave a 2+ ppl group. You can't 1v1 decent ppl and your best toolkit is orb + instant Blizzard (since Deepr Freeze and meaningful shatter has gone away YAY)

On the other side, Arcane is fun and has a high skillcap, although the damage IS low (burst potential? yes. damage? no). You can also 1v1 any melee in a BG situation, although is slightly bad against skilled casters as it has only 1 spellschool.