Allied races

General
This rep thing, is just a time-sink till the expansion releases. How is that not clear after over a decade of this game?
16/02/2018 18:44Posted by Boraat
16/02/2018 16:27Posted by Assassia
I still wonder whats so dif about leveling compare to getting rep?...both take time, yet, if they have to unlock stuff via rep they lose thier mind.
they're probably boosted to max level, none of them have leveled a character from 1 is my guess...

You dont know anything you little....
I got from revered to exalted in 3 days with Nightfallen. I will say though, Nightfallen is the only rep grind that feels legitimized. There's a huge, expansive zone, a questline full of lore with the respective faction you're working for and a variety of ways to earn rep with them outside of the questline. This is how ALL of them should be.
14/02/2018 16:01Posted by Saldura
If you do not want to grind the rep then just wait half a year untill BfA goes live, rep grind might be dropped as a requirement by then. Ofcourse in that amount of time you could have easily grinded out the required rep if you'd get started on it now instead of complaining about it

Didn’t know WoW was F2P.

Any player has the right to complain about anything he doesn’t like, nobody is forced to read a Thread let alone respond to it (in turn bringing it to attention).
18/02/2018 12:03Posted by Anvarra
14/02/2018 16:01Posted by Saldura
If you do not want to grind the rep then just wait half a year untill BfA goes live, rep grind might be dropped as a requirement by then. Ofcourse in that amount of time you could have easily grinded out the required rep if you'd get started on it now instead of complaining about it

Didn’t know WoW was F2P.

Any player has the right to complain about anything he doesn’t like, nobody is forced to read a Thread let alone respond to it (in turn bringing it to attention).

Both true and fulse.
Yes people have the right to complain however forum rules state that if there is already a thread about a topic then you are not allowed to create a new one.
Fortunately for some this one did not get locked but you can see how one did get locked today. We have had far too many threads to count on this topic since prepurchase.
18/02/2018 12:41Posted by Moritz
18/02/2018 12:03Posted by Anvarra

Didn’t know WoW was F2P.

Both true and fulse.
Yes people have the right to complain however forum rules state that if there is already a thread about a topic then you are not allowed to create a new one.
Fortunately for some this one did not get locked but you can see how one did get locked today. We have had far too many threads to count on this topic since prepurchase.

And still here you are, padding post count and still bringing a "repetitive thread" to the top...
You do know that to ignore someone seeking for attention is the best right?
18/02/2018 12:45Posted by Tazon
18/02/2018 12:41Posted by Moritz
Both true and fulse.

And still here you are, padding post count and still bringing a "repetitive thread" to the top...
You do know that to ignore someone seeking for attention is the best right?

ive learned it doesn't matter.
they will never stop moaning about something
@Tazon: There is an obvious need expressed by several people to discuss the topic, so having ONE thread open for it is fine. What is not fine is the fact that multiple people have created extra threads for the same point. That is why excess threads are getting locked by the blues.
14/02/2018 14:20Posted by Urthol
What do you mean sort it out? Put in the effort, stop being lazy

i would grind any rep.
but the bad thing that blizzard is doing for years now, is that they put everything behind "time-walls".
cant find a better word for it.
blizzard dictates how much and how often you can progress.

i try to get rep with certain faction, and it takes months, because it's all through dailies.
while if it wasnt, one could grind that !@#$ in a couple evenings.

such a policy seems disrespectful towards your paying customers, in my eyes.
i get why they are doing it, but guess what, players would not quit their subscriptions if they didnt do dailies.

blizzard for a past few years has made WoW a complete ROUTINE.

and most annoying is that blizzard puts a limit to how much you can grind towards a goal of yours.

this sucks when you paly with freinds, and you had a break from WoW.
but then you cant catch up easily. cause everything is time-related.
while in other games you could just work your !@#$ off, in a small time period, and achieve whatever you want.
same amount of work, but in less time. cant do that in wow.
@All: There are achievements that take years, literally, because they are heavily time gated. The Allied races reputations... The two Argus ones take the longest and can be completed within two weeks.

I posted the above in another thread (locked). It still stands.
I’m never paying Blizzard another penny until I get what I’ve paid for with this pre-purchase..

Everybody who has paid for the pre-purchase should get full access to all 4 of the Allied Races currently in the game, because that’s what we were led to believe we were paying for.
18/02/2018 14:55Posted by Flix
I’m never paying Blizzard another penny until I get what I’ve paid for with this pre-purchase..

Everybody who has paid for the pre-purchase should get full access to all 4 of the Allied Races currently in the game, because that’s what we were led to believe we were paying for.

You mean you won't come back until BfA launches?
Thats fair.
That has to be what you're talking about because you have the ability to unlock and play the allied races now, and you got the level boost, and if you got the deluxe edition you got the 2 mounts.
So now you're just waiting for the expansion to launch :)
18/02/2018 14:59Posted by Moritz

You mean you won't come back until BfA launches?
Thats fair.
That has to be what you're talking about because you have the ability to unlock and play the allied races now, and you got the level boost, and if you got the deluxe edition you got the 2 mounts.
So now you're just waiting for the expansion to launch :)

No. It means if Blizzard put things right soon and let people have Allied Races without rep and quest grinding crap, I’ll come back. Any longer than a couple of weeks at most and they’ve permanently lost at least one customer. Of course I could sit here and run up against walls on argus for two weeks because it’s so dark, but personally I’d rather spend my gaming time playing something fun. I really hope others do the same and try to get what they paid for or a full refund.
15/02/2018 10:09Posted by Phoenican
14/02/2018 15:48Posted by Raez

How? WQ only give me 75 rep each

The basics WQs give 75, blue gives 150, elite give 250 to both Argussian reach and AotL.

3 x portal quest from Illidan gives 1k rep for both as does the pristine Argunite one for Turalyon. If you get the daily 4x WQ thing its 1500 rep.

I'm sure I have some of the numbers a little off but if you are only getting 75 rep for a quest you need to take a look around for better quests.

Also mission board can give 250 rep tokens if you find the right ones.

Oh and portal bosses can drop rep tokens.

Had you not done that one crappy WQ quest and rage quit you would have realised this. Why are people so averse to playing the actual game these days?

I think I must be missing something, because I've been doing blue elite WQ's (both AR and AoL ) and the regular AR wq's, and I'm just getting 75 rep for *everything*. Is that a bug or..? o.o

I'm fine with doing it, I'm enjoying doing content - I can't do much else as I'm not geared to raid properly as I took a long break in Legion - came Back mid Feb and I just got revered, but I'm only getting 75 rep for EVERY wq I do atm - I swear I used to get more for blue elites, so I'm a bit confused tbh :s
The argument about the rep boils down to this:

'OMG you make me do quests for a week or two to be able to start an allied race! I hate grinding quests!'

'Just let me make an allied race right now so I can grind quests while looking slightly different!'
18/02/2018 15:42Posted by Flix
No. It means if Blizzard put things right soon and let people have Allied Races without rep and quest grinding crap, I’ll come back. Any longer than a couple of weeks at most and they’ve permanently lost at least one customer. Of course I could sit here and run up against walls on argus for two weeks because it’s so dark, but personally I’d rather spend my gaming time playing something fun. I really hope others do the same and try to get what they paid for or a full refund.

You paid to get them once you unlocked them.
What you imagined you were getting does not matter.
If I go to Mcdonalds and order a big mac wanting a car doesn't mean im entitled to a car.
It was clear that you had to unlock them.
It only took me like a week and a half to get Void Elves and Lightforged Draenai. I'm not a Horde person so I've not bothered with Nightfallen and the new Tauren, though I might later.

But, the amount of rep needed is fine. If you had farmed a lot during the 50% more rep week, then you would've been at least SUPER CLOSE to exalted. Like I was! I was only 3k off of lightforged last week, and I got it on Wednesday. And then I got Void Elves a day later. So it only takes around, a week and a half.
18/02/2018 16:49Posted by Moritz
You paid to get them once you unlocked them.
What you imagined you were getting does not matter.
If I go to Mcdonalds and order a big mac wanting a car doesn't mean im entitled to a car.
It was clear that you had to unlock them.

When I go to McDonalds and buy a burger, I understand there may be salad included with it. Any normal person would assume it’s going to be a reasonable amount of salad, and not 20kg of it. It’s then my choice whether or not I eat that small amount of salad. I am not forced to eat 20kg of unexpected salad before I’m allowed to have the burger.

And actually, it does matter what "I imagined I were getting", because what I was expecting is exactly what was described in the small print. Fully unlocked Allied Races. The mention of "specific quest and reputation" requirements anyone would assume would be a small amount of rep and questing, not day after day for weeks on end worth of repetitive old content in the ugliest darkest zones ever to be put in this game.
And actually, it does matter what "I imagined I were getting", because what I was expecting is exactly what was described in the small print. Fully unlocked Allied Races. The mention of "specific quest and reputation" requirements anyone would assume would be a small amount of rep and questing, not day after day for weeks on end worth of repetitive old content in the ugliest darkest zones ever to be put in this game.

Except that it's still current content. We're still in Legion, not BFA.
Allied races are a part of BFA and are just given as early access for those who pre-order and have met the requirements. (=Bonus they didn't even have to give, but now people can level their new char before we go to the new zones)
It's been shown in other posts that it takes like 2-3 weeks to get exalted. If you don't even want to do "old content" now, what would you do with a new char in a different skin anyway?
And ugly dark zones... Whelp, it's a demon-infested planet, what did you expect? Plains full of flowers? :P
17/02/2018 21:09Posted by Nèmo
This rep thing, is just a time-sink till the expansion releases. How is that not clear after over a decade of this game?

that ful 2 weeks if you put some effort in it....