Allied races

General
18/02/2018 18:19Posted by Flix
And actually, it does matter what "I imagined I were getting", because what I was expecting is exactly what was described in the small print. Fully unlocked Allied Races. The mention of "specific quest and reputation" requirements anyone would assume would be a small amount of rep and questing, not day after day for weeks on end worth of repetitive old content in the ugliest darkest zones ever to be put in this game.

So you did read that you needed rep and quests but didnt bother to look up how much your own fault, and the analog you had is bs.
18/02/2018 18:48Posted by Robbie
So you did read that you needed rep and quests but didnt bother to look up how much your own fault, and the analog you had is bs.

No, I read what was written perfectly clearly on that page, and Blizzard failed to elaborate on their "specific questing and reputation requirements" ambiguity. When you use the word "specific" you really should SPECIFY what those requirements are, and not expect your paying customer to do research on the internet to find out just how much information you're keeping from them.
18/02/2018 19:47Posted by Flix
18/02/2018 18:48Posted by Robbie

No, I read what was written perfectly clearly on that page, and Blizzard failed to elaborate on their "specific questing and reputation requirements" ambiguity. When you use the word "specific" you really should SPECIFY what those requirements are, and not expect your paying customer to do research on the internet to find out just how much information you're keeping from them.

They said rep so you should have at least been prepared for it to be exalted.
18/02/2018 11:47Posted by Nara
I got from revered to exalted in 3 days with Nightfallen. I will say though, Nightfallen is the only rep grind that feels legitimized. There's a huge, expansive zone, a questline full of lore with the respective faction you're working for and a variety of ways to earn rep with them outside of the questline. This is how ALL of them should be.

Very much agree on this. I had to do the quests for the final achievement anyway, and when I hit exalted, I still had two and a half chapters left. So Nightfallen felt very good. And it's also a very nice zone.

But when I was done with the quests on Argus, I was only sitting at half way into honored, maybe a third. Then it's quite a bit of grinding to do after that.

Now, i've already unlocked the races I want for now, so it's no biggie for me. But to be honest, I wouldn't wish this grind upon any new or returning player. Or a pvp'er for that matter. It's just too much imo. It 'only' took me about 14 days, but that was an intense 14 days.
18/02/2018 13:01Posted by Trelw
@Tazon: There is an obvious need expressed by several people to discuss the topic, so having ONE thread open for it is fine. What is not fine is the fact that multiple people have created extra threads for the same point. That is why excess threads are getting locked by the blues.

If it's OK with you then, I'm going to copy my points from another thread into this one. I'm also going to quote a Blizzard employee post from in another thread if that's OK, or would you rather I linked to them instead?
19/02/2018 06:52Posted by Flix
18/02/2018 13:01Posted by Trelw
@Tazon: There is an obvious need expressed by several people to discuss the topic, so having ONE thread open for it is fine. What is not fine is the fact that multiple people have created extra threads for the same point. That is why excess threads are getting locked by the blues.

If it's OK with you then, I'm going to copy my points from another thread into this one. I'm also going to quote a Blizzard employee post from in another thread if that's OK, or would you rather I linked to them instead?

I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or if you don't know MVP's are just... well I don't even know what they do tbh but you don't need their permission to do stuff :P
You can either directly quote or link to them here and thats perfectly fine.
It doesn't break the rules as far as I'm aware so long as its not spam.
@Flix: You do not need my permission. You may post anything that does not violate the forum rules. Me being green does not grant me any special posting privileges as such and certainly no rights to deny posting by others. I am just another player, although with a long history. As far as rules are concerned, I think (but this is more my opinion than a rule set in stone) it is preferable to provide links, if the quoted material would be long.

On a personal level, I have used both direct copies for short materials and links for long posts and have not received complaints from the moderation.
Link to my lengthy main post:-

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618021937?page=1

Quotes from a Blizzard poster in a customer support thread:-

09/02/2018 11:25Posted by Kiemmaki
Hello Flix,

Yes, you are Exalted with the Nightfallen and you have the Achievement, but on an Alliance Character. You have to have them on a Horde Character since they are Allies for the Horde, not the Alliance.

09/02/2018 11:43Posted by Kiemmaki
Hello again,

Alright, have you logged in with the Alliance Char to make sure the Game realizes that you have the requirements? Please do so and after that, lock in with a Horde 110 to get to the Embassy.

I stand corrected because the requirements should be account wide.

Blizzard themselves are confused by how the unlock works, and this particular example is just one part of the whole confusing unlock setup. Customers who have fallen for this pre-purchase are not at fault.

Everything else I wanted to say on the subject is in that linked post.
Interesting. i have the rep on an horde char but i was able to unlock all the 4 allied races (ally and horde).
For those of you defending this design, how can you? I mindlessly farmed Argussian Reach reputation through playing World Quest Simulator 2k18 and this just lead to me being massively exhausted as soon as I unlocked Void Elf, making me not want to step foot into Argus for a LONG time because of how tired I am of what I've just done in a course of three weeks.
@Flix: There are unfortunately always human factors involved... and the fact that different races work differently is not going to help the matters. Dark Iron Dwarves will require alliance characters, Zandalari trolls horde characters and what happens beyond these original six remains to be seen later on.

@Pàdthai: Correct, the reputations for these four function that way. Only the embassy quests require characters of appropriate faction and those do not have to have personal exalted status. It suffices that some character on the account does.

@Arunrel: Some people feel that the design is ok. In their point of view, about two weeks of playing is not too much. The two Argussian ones are a bit more challenging than for example the Highmountain tauren, but even they can be completed within 14 days, if sufficient time is available (NOTE! I know that there are people who can not play daily, they will require a bit longer). Generally speaking, most who want the unlocks, should be able to finish them in less than four weeks.

@All: I am not exalted with any of the four, I am in no rush whatsoever as there still is no official info on the (CE) boxed game treatment. As such, I feel like a fairly neutral party. On a very specific level... It would have been better, if there had been a more spelled out formulation of something along the lines of: "... these new races require exalted reputations AND the completion of certain achievements and questlines specific to each race to unlock...". Alternatively, the requirement might have been better set at revered rather than exalted.

However, the situation is for the time being as is and a couple of weeks is not insurmountable amount time (note that some achievements take literally years as they are extremely heavily timegated)... So the only thing I can effectively do is to wish everyone, who is still working on unlocks, luck on your journeys! *salutes*
I don't get why people have a problem with the rep requirement.
I don't have alot of time usually myself and I haven't even been active for most of legion and I still have all the legion reps exalted on this character.
The reps just came naturally while I didn't really even grind.
14/02/2018 14:08Posted by Kline
Make an effort and you can get it, people have done it in just 2 weeks.
2 weeks of boring rep grind is actually huge for people with jobs and lives. If I spend 2 weeks on this I dont think I will have the nerves and desire to even level a void elf. Worst thing is like many other people I pre-bought the expansion for this... I read that there are requirements to unlock but didn't think they will be this ridiculously harsh.

19/02/2018 09:58Posted by Decias
I don't have alot of time usually myself and I haven't even been active for most of legion and I still have all the legion reps exalted on this character.

Yes because you are horde. Try the alliance races.
@Jorix: Did you somehow miss out on the fact that Decias said "ALL Legion reps"? All implies having alliance ones as well, otherwise he would have said "all Legion reps for horde" or something similar.
I had the argus reps on a horde char on earthen ring. But my only 110 ally was on steamweedle cartel. Once i logged in the hordie, the ally instantly became able to go to the embassy and do the recruiting quests, he did not have the argus reps himself.