Taunt not working sometimes

General
21/02/2018 03:54Posted by Apello
Noticed it too today. I thought I was just doing something wrong.

You were! Turn off growl!
21/02/2018 03:41Posted by Crashandburn
im not that familiar with logs, but since when you can see a failed taunt in them?
Judging from how many failures you can point out by scanning logs I just assumed you could. But if nothing else you can surely see the taunt casts and that the boss kept hitting the same target afterwards ^^
21/02/2018 04:33Posted by Divinius
Rofl hasnt been a thing since pre patch WOD but i know you are messing made me giggle.
Also even when hit existed there was a long period during which taunts and interrupts couldn't miss anyway.
Taunt that's pressed in quick succession from another tank's taunt - won't work at all.
21/02/2018 06:00Posted by Mirtle
Taunt that's pressed in quick succession from another tank's taunt - won't work at all.

Actually not true, Sometimes those big quest mobs in the invasions just spin around, attacking tank, tank, tank, dps taunter, pet, tank, pet, tank, pet, another pet, first pet.
So either that's bugged too, or taunts do work in quick succession.
Yeah happened to me to, only on garothi mythic, tiday I am going st it again will provide logs later this evening.

I already reported this in the bug system from blizzard.
I can confirm taunt issues too.
Boss is immuned to taunt sometimes if you do it when the boss is in the middle of casting or doing something.
21/02/2018 05:43Posted by Bloodglass
21/02/2018 03:41Posted by Crashandburn
im not that familiar with logs, but since when you can see a failed taunt in them?
Judging from how many failures you can point out by scanning logs I just assumed you could. But if nothing else you can surely see the taunt casts and that the boss kept hitting the same target afterwards ^^
21/02/2018 04:33Posted by Divinius
Rofl hasnt been a thing since pre patch WOD but i know you are messing made me giggle.
Also even when hit existed there was a long period during which taunts and interrupts couldn't miss anyway.
you know that using an interupt on argus when not everyone reached the tree to ress can miss, right? I dont know if its the mechanic of the fight, or a bug. Fact is the paladins avenger shield will interupt 100% even if half the raid still tries to find the tree, while almost any other interupt will fail. Did you knew that?
Just a fun fyi.
Boss(es) can turn taunt immune for some reason, neither my co-tank or I taunt too much/when it's not needed (so obviously only when we need to tank swap for a debuff or so). For instance, I have a lot of the taunt issues on Garothi as well where I clearly taunted but I don't get aggro. While overaggroing or taunting too much isn't the issue - so the tank just walks out of melee range so I get the aggro again. Same for High Command where they ocasionally may turn taunt immune, but so far my co-tank and I havent had an issue with it since we started taunting on 3 stacks instead of 2 stacks. Same weird aggro issue with Portal Keeper when a tank exits or enters a portal where it randomly melees another raid member. So its not you, its definitely on Blizzard's side.

21/02/2018 00:57Posted by Papudeath
Either the other tank is taunting at the same time, over-aggroing you heavily, or then you're both just overusing it and making taunt ineffective. Pick one of the above.

It's almost always a player-issue, and even though I've witnessed it bug out a couple of times it's extremely rare and doesn't happen on a constant basis. So, it's a you-problem.

Just cause you don't have those issues doesn't mean its ''extremely'' rare. It happens... You're just lucky that it didn't happen to you then. Neither my co-tank or I over aggro each other anymore (well he used to over aggro me a lot - but since my DPS got better over aggro really doesn't happen anymore), nor does either of us taunt too much.

Boss is immuned to taunt sometimes if you do it when the boss is in the middle of casting or doing something.

I get your point but that is rarely the case on Garothi or High Command, and even then it's an issue.

(Also this is not my main fyi, thought changing characters would help since I kept getting server error).
It might be, that one of the tanks taunt for threat to keep holding the aggro of the boss (if the dps difference of the tanks are big), making boss immune to taunt effects

^they made it like that, so you cant just put people in circle, and make boss just run around while rotating taunts and abusing the need of having a tank