I dare Blizz to make a content patch without WQ's

General
World quests or dailies with another name. They are in essence the same. Love them or hate them. They have become far too much of a filler for each content patch since the Firelands.

It's stagnant and boring. Blizz so I've been told over and over again are very talented. Very creative etc. So why not just try something different ? Make us do something different other than just one storyline and 4 months worth of world quests to grind rep.

Like ive said been doing it for years , someone who has played as long as I. We are fed up of new patch means new raid , possible new dungeon , new narrative and just more dailies /wq's for months on end.

I felt in legion there was only two things that weren't so " Deja-vu" The withered army training and the Chromie scenario. I enjoyed both a lot because it was just something different.

I would love Blizz to think out of the box just for 1 patch. Get their creative juices flowing and think of an alternative way to let us see and do content. Without having to rely on the crutch that has become world quests.

Who else is with me ? I would like to personally dare to think different , create content differently just for 1 patch. Just 1 patch !
So like WoD?
26/02/2018 10:33Posted by Calydor
So like WoD?

Tanaan was full of dailies , what are you talking about ?
26/02/2018 10:34Posted by Bilban
26/02/2018 10:33Posted by Calydor
So like WoD?

Yet your last statement was ‘Just one patch’ so yes WoD.
Wq are better than Dq. You havent always the same. Ok after 3 days you've done all of them.. But I agree. soemthin similar to chromie scenario with a sort of progression should be better than the actual Wq engine. But for example the profession WQ are interesting (ok profession now are useless...)
Chromie scenario was fun, but just imagine it was the only thing to do outside of raiding and mythic+ for 2+ months.
26/02/2018 10:15Posted by Bilban
The withered army training

Which............... is essentially a daily quest. And dailies have been a thing way before Firelands.

If you've been playing as long as you claim you would know that.
26/02/2018 10:35Posted by Blaiddrwg
26/02/2018 10:34Posted by Bilban

There was only 2 patches and 7.1 was declared not to be a content patch by ion himself. So my statement is correct.
26/02/2018 10:48Posted by Bilban
26/02/2018 10:35Posted by Blaiddrwg

There was only 2 patches and 7.1 was declared not to be a content patch by ion himself. So my statement is correct.

No it isn’t, a patch is a patch.
Whilst I completely agree with you, OP - sadly, it's not going to happen.

For a game that relies on a monthly sub for a large chunk of it's income there are always going to be dailies or gating of some kind.

Lot's of them are in place already:

- Dungeon lockouts
- Daily quests
- Rep grinds
- Set # of missions complete to advance campaign

The list could go on - it's the nature of the beast. It would be nice for there to be nothing but new and invigorating content but it's simply impossible - there will always be players who blast through it all in a day or two who would then moan there was nothing to do.
They have become far too much of a filler for each content patch since the Firelands.

What about the Klaxxi dailies in MoP where you unlock bonus parts of the story?Or the Gold Locus (before 5.4 or 5.3 can't tell) where it ended where the Mogu trying to siege the Veal? Or the Landfull daily quests? No these were just filler? Alright then.
I don't mind world quests. I think they're fun and now near the end of Legion takes only a few minutes to complete in general. However, there should always be an alternative (but maybe not as efficient) way to get the rewards or currencies given by a world quest. That way I can choose my own path and do whatever I want. And people can skip them without fear.
I would love Blizz to think out of the box just for 1 patch. Get their creative juices flowing and think of an alternative way to let us see and do content. Without having to rely on the crutch that has become world quests.
I feel like you don't know what you want but you want Blizzard to give it to you because you're bored of a game no one forces you to play. You're paying for a product. You aren't paying to have a product moulded around your specific desires. I mean no offense but unless you can actually offer some sort of alternative I'd advise you to get over it.
26/02/2018 11:13Posted by Drimex
I feel like you don't know what you want but you want Blizzard to give it to you because you're bored of a game no one forces you to play. You're paying for a product. You aren't paying to have a product moulded around your specific desires. I mean no offense but unless you can actually offer some sort of alternative I'd advise you to get over it.

What's with that attitude ? You clearly given up seeing something new. Or maybe you just like copy and paste content with a new lick of paint. Quite depressing you've resolved to just " deal with it" mentality. Also offering alternatives ? Don't know what i want. It's not my job , i'm not paid to create content. I am paying customer who would just like to see the talent the team has and create an alternative. As said previously out of the box , something new , something not deja-vu. Never have that resolve of that's how things are and how they will be forever. Very unhealthy ethic.

As for bored , not at all I play on 15 max chars , trying to unlock most of the pvp skins , balance of power on all chars. Gearing them etc. Don't assume to know a player until you spoken to them and played with them in person.
I do agree that world quests and daily quests is very old design and something needs to be done to make it work today, not the gameplay of 2007/2008.

But finding a replacement for something that works while keeping players subscribed is really not something easy. It goes back to the physiology of why players are drawn to the game and is not something that you can easily replace, or players might not find the game as something you want to come back to.
The thing with Chromie is exactly what we need. Singleplayer scenarios where we adventure with one or several lore NPC's and get constant progression.

I was so happy when I heard we'd get to "Travel the Broken Isles with legendary heroes" back when Legion was announced, but what we actually got was such a letdown- I wanted to walk around with Thrall or some other cool hero as a major part of the story, but we never got any such thing.
Releasing a full patch at once, not drip feeding us it for months would be a better option for me at least.

Their current model is rather garbage.
What else are they supposed to implement that gives you enough things to do when you log in every day?
I like world quests, would like to see them give even better rewards, + transmogs, toys etc. I`m not really into raiding, gave that up back in WOTLK so to me end game is levelling and gearing up all my alts and feeling progression.
26/02/2018 11:28Posted by Bilban
As said previously out of the box , something new , something not deja-vu
Such as?
Don't know what i want. It's not my job , i'm not paid to create content.
There's tons of content.
What's with that attitude ? You clearly given up seeing something new.

Don't assume to know a player until you spoken to them and played with them in person.
See above ^^
Very unhealthy ethic
You know what ethics are right?
As for bored , not at all I play on 15 max chars , trying to unlock most of the pvp skins , balance of power on all chars
So you're doing the same content on 15 different character but complain about it not being new?