Are we getting WOD in disguise

General
First off there is similarity between the start of WOD and BFA theramore gets destroyed and so seems the eleven city , both war chiefs are distrusted by the other leaders and the thinking is the same going by the text written for the horde leaders when there is disagreement. I hope I am wrong and it does not go that way.
Theramore was kill in MoP fren, not WoD.
... I cant even...
I have been slightly worried about BFA. It might go either way - it could be incredible... Orrrr it could be WOD 2.0. Cross your fingers.
Looking so far to be good and bad, but you can't tell because its just in alpha, no raids out there right now, and more content will be added.
Okay I need to know, are you asking if it will be WoD or mists?
Because you describe the events of mists but say WoD.
Mists was awesome.
No it's going to be another Legion but with a new setting.
So....

War Chief Sylvanas and War Chief Garrosh both want to destroy an Alliance city but they can't decide if they should destroy Theramoore or the Eleven city?
WoD including the new mechanics added in Legion? I totally wouldnt mind. WoD was great except one big flaw: the lack of content.
Thats a dealbreaker for most people for sure but what we got in WoD was fantastic. The Garison was a cool feature if there would have been something more, the dungeons were decent and the raids really good. Especially BRF with so many "special" bossfights is easily one of the all time best raids for me. I dont know much about PvP but it didnt seem to bad either.
If we now add WQs, m+, add a real x.1 patch with content and use the sharding technology to fix the terrible launch then we would have had a top notch expansion.
03/03/2018 23:19Posted by Krebsbein
WoD including the new mechanics added in Legion? I totally wouldnt mind. WoD was great except one big flaw: the lack of content.
Thats a dealbreaker for most people for sure but what we got in WoD was fantastic. The Garison was a cool feature if there would have been something more, the dungeons were decent and the raids really good. Especially BRF with so many "special" bossfights is easily one of the all time best raids for me. I dont know much about PvP but it didnt seem to bad either.
If we now add WQs, m+, add a real x.1 patch with content and use the sharding technology to fix the terrible launch then we would have had a top notch expansion.

QFT!

Wod was the best expansion ever! Only reason it failed and became less "best" was because the developers simply stopped giving a rats a$$ about it. The expansion in itself started of fantastic (not counting the release day server problems) and it had THE best questing and pace I have ever experienced in a game with levels.

I used to LOVE to quest in wod and I remember the first day entering frostfire ridge and getting hit by that music... Good lord it was the best feeling since forever!. It was just such a beautiful scenery and each and every map was fantastic with the best music since classic.

Imagine if wod had have wq's and developers that didn't just drop the game after one single selfie camera patch. It was the last expansion with good specs and the best spec ever, survival hunter as ranged. I will always miss wod for what it could have been and for what it was.

QFT!

Wod was the best expansion ever! Only reason it failed and became less "best" was because the developers simply stopped giving a rats a$$ about it. The expansion in itself started of fantastic (not counting the release day server problems) and it had THE best questing and pace I have ever experienced in a game with levels.

I used to LOVE to quest in wod and I remember the first day entering frostfire ridge and getting hit by that music... Good lord it was the best feeling since forever!. It was just such a beautiful scenery and each and every map was fantastic with the best music since classic.

Imagine if wod had have wq's and developers that didn't just drop the game after one single selfie camera patch. It was the last expansion with good specs and the best spec ever, survival hunter as ranged. I will always miss wod for what it could have been and for what it was.

Dont forget the gorgrond music! or the grimrail dungeon fighting on a train of all things. And the zones werent packed as a whole (had some dense spots but even then) compared to legion and felt more real/better.
And the BRF raid with some of most unique fights of all time, and just the feel with blackhand being warlord that really felt like a threat.
Wod lacked content but the content it had was very good.
04/03/2018 11:12Posted by Rumblebelly

QFT!

People are actually defending WoD? WoD felt literally like a hollow shell, sure it looks good on the surface but there is nothing in its core. Sure raids were fun and all, but in one word they actually felt pointless. There was no point in having good gear, once you killed Archimonde/Blackhand, you might as well just stop playing. In MoP, at least better gear allowed you to do legacy content a bit smoother, and some content became soloable if you have the right gear for it (timeless isle, isle of giants, warlock greenfire quest and WotLK raids). The garrison was made for your followers, and it was a place for you to afk in.
04/03/2018 12:43Posted by Klitto
04/03/2018 11:12Posted by Rumblebelly

QFT!

People are actually defending WoD? WoD felt literally like a hollow shell, sure it looks good on the surface but there is nothing in its core. Sure raids were fun and all, but in one word they actually felt pointless. There was no point in having good gear, once you killed Archimonde/Blackhand, you might as well just stop playing. In MoP, at least better gear allowed you to do legacy content a bit smoother, and some content became soloable if you have the right gear for it. The garrison was made for your followers, and it was a place for you to afk in.

I think its a defence of the potential that they wasted.
That they found it all great but then the patches never rolled in and got thrown nothing but filler content until it ended.
WoD was not that bad if you ask me. The content draught and garrisons may have been bad decisions. But, the raids were nice the zones were nice and the questing was good. I think the WoD raids for example were WAY better than the legion raids.
I'm worried about bfa to, to me it seems more of a filler expansion while they finish working on the next one.

Certain things do look great but again it feels like the water is being tested like the garrison in wod that to me was a test to see if the Orderhalls would work in Legion same with warfronts with bfa.
If we have to take the OP way of thinking, Legion it should have been TBC in disguise, and Cataclysm the Vanilla one (due to return of both Nefarian, Onyxia and Ragnaros). If we go over the fact that Theramore destruction was the hook between Cata and MoP, not MoP and WoD

Anyway i don't disliked the interity of WoD, the zones was nice, the leveling was nice, some raid bosses has nice mechanics. The only problem of WoD it was the Garrison (wich was good in the earlier) and the fact the the whole expansion got scrapped since the second patch, if it wasn't, it eventually ended being alot better, both for Lore, and for content (damn they scrapped a SHATTRATH raid).
if you are afraid of another wod after the excellent legion, simply dont buy it and wait and see.
An expansion is always measured by the one that came before it. Cataclysm was seen as bad because WotLK had been very solid. WoD wasn't impressive because MoP had been very complex. Now we had another very "full" expansion, and I suppose it'll be hard for AfB to top that. It probably can't and won't, but I think it's good that Blizzard keeps changing things up. Some things are just more successful than others.

What I liked about WoD was that it was relatively "finishable" without dedicating your life to the game, at least if you played one character. I used to look at this aspect of "nothing left to do" (better: "nothing I felt like doing", there was a lot I didn't finish in WoD) as a downside, but I now feel that this is good because it allows for room to play other games and do other things, instead of living and breathing only WoW.
Well, this is an appropriate place for me to let some ppl know I'm actually leading a cross realm guild of lvl 100 twinks and we do WoD raids, mainly HFC mythic atm so if this is something you'd like to be a part of add me on bnet: Khazark#21615
04/03/2018 14:04Posted by Khazmark
Well, this is an appropriate place for me to let some ppl know I'm actually leading a cross realm guild of lvl 100 twinks and we do WoD raids, mainly HFC mythic atm so if this is something you'd like to be a part of add me on bnet: Khazark#21615

No its not.