Can we have an update please?

Classic Discussion
15/03/2018 04:54Posted by Skepta
Over 4 months without a single mention, this is becoming a joke.

Classic was announced at the same time as BFA so why is there only BFA updates and QnA's etc but absolutely nothing on Classic.

The wait is becoming a meme, we have waited long enough, maybe i will be able to play Classic before I have grandkids. (not even a dad yet)

P.S #nochanges

You people are the same people that does things get rushed out of the door, like those that consistently keep asking for ''Release?!'' ''RELEASE WHEN?!'' impatient entitled **** like those. If you are expecting a word on this just after 5 months, you are the problem. Did you even watch what J allen said when they announced it at blizzcon last year?

''This is a larger endeavour than you might imagine.''

LARGER ENDEAVOUR! there will be no update on such things unless a major event where the wow team itself will be present at. Comes around, like Gamescom or Blizzcon. Expecting a respond until then is juvenile impatient delusional entitled kid behavior. It becomes equal to a kid begging their parents constantly for something.
They are currently making tons of decisions, go play another game while you wait (I'm sure blizzard cares).

Honestly I think once blizzard announce something about vanilla next, it will be big. And we are right back on a blazing hype train!
Oh please..
surely it shouldn't take more than a year to re create a game that came out all those years ago, pull your finger out.
While it is sad that we've not heard anything substantial yet, the few things we have heard make it very clear why. They simply haven't gotten very far yet and have nothing to show us at this time.

A lot of the comments in this thread are overly harsh, like they said during the announcement and others have repeated here, this is a much bigger project than we might imagine. Getting the client up and running is the easy part and might just require a "few" tweaks, but this game is also relying on a complex server backend, and that's where the real work lies. It's going to take time, but I feel confident it will be worth it in the end.

Let us instead be happy that they are taking their time in getting this right, and hope that they will throw us a few bones before Blizzcon, even if it's just a random screenshot or ten seconds of blurry video...1280 x 1024 for authenticity ofc. :P
maybe they decided that listeting to some doubtful community, which was borned from hype of some private server getting closed, wasn't the best idea and abandoned the project
19/03/2018 11:58Posted by Хомурка
maybe they decided that listeting to some doubtful community, which was borned from hype of some private server getting closed, wasn't the best idea and abandoned the project

That much salt is bad for you kidneys, matey!
Or maybe they just saw after announcement that whole legacy movement is actually not about the game itself but about "hahaha we !@#$ing showed to this filthy retail casuals" and abandoned the project.
i actually belive ( personally, so don't take this as fact... ) that they announced classic wow prematurily, to avoid attacks on BFA development q & a, and Bfa - community communications.

anyone remember when nost was shut down and legion was still under development ? all q & a's and other legion related communication was constantly attacked By vanilla players.

atleast that's what i think now because of the radio silence, i belive we won't see any serious news until bfa is launched.
20/03/2018 20:09Posted by Cai
i actually belive ( personally, so don't take this as fact... ) that they announced classic wow prematurily, to avoid attacks on BFA development q & a, and Bfa - community communications.

anyone remember when nost was shut down and legion was still under development ? all q & a's and other legion related communication was constantly attacked By vanilla players.

atleast that's what i think now because of the radio silence, i belive we won't see any serious news until bfa is launched.

No, they, or well, Brack said in the latest interview, that they decided to reveal it at such an early stage to get the community onboard and get feedback and suggestions.

They haven't said anything besides that.

Waht people who are completely clueless about is the fact that this is something they need time to do, and lots of it.

Add to that, information has to go through the proper channels, in any company. Especially for a game developer.

If a community manager break the chain of command and addresses the community without being ordered to, he/she risk losing their job, just like that.

Information is key, but it is also key that they provide information WHEN they have information to share, not before.

We all know how it turns out for games that are being rushed. Just look at EA as the prime example of how not to do it.

Old code needed to be re-hashed and new code implemented etc. I'm pretty sure most people can agree that getting more bugs and more issues than the original base game had during launch, is a bad idea, right?

Well then.. I suggest you impatient folks go play other games, or do other stuff while waiting, as BC18 is most likely gonna be the next time we receive any new information about WoW Classic.
Just note that BfA is fine on its own. All the allied races news funnel hype and money like crazy. Vulpera, dinosaurs and whatnot :)

They could do the post-blizzcon communication slightly better, like using vocabulary in interviews that is understandable to a player and not only to ~devops/software developer.

Overhyping now may also not be the best thing to do as people will want more and more. Update a month, a week, or more and more detailed data way before it's figured out... or even more people going pserver from the hype. We would want more info now or even the game itself but that isn't going to happen.
20/03/2018 23:19Posted by Geronîmoo
No, they, or well, Brack said in the latest interview, that they decided to reveal it at such an early stage to get the community onboard and get feedback and suggestions

for this to make any sense at all means they would have to communicate with us also, not only oneway street where players give feedback and suggestions about things they don't even know.

right now only feedback being discussed in forums ie, is changes vs no changes.

That's not conscructive feedback anymore, that topic is discussed to death... we need information to be able to give feedback and suggestions.
Think its because they have nothing to report .. at all!

Meanwhile, the initial hype has boosted P. server game play like crazy!