Ingame Spam Report Feature is Absolutely ridiculous

General
The ingame report system is inherently flawed.

Now, we sell Heroic Argus boosts for gold, we are not breaking ToS, we are paying customers many of us who have paid to play this gave for 14 almost 15 years. and we advertise our boost on 7 or so servers. Now i can't say for everyone, but atleast 1 of us have gotten silenced for "spamming" by putting our advertisement in trade chat every few minutes, this is about the time it is no longer visible, and naturally fades away. meaning we just keep 1 message permanently up in the trade chat.

The Definition of Spamming in video games according to Wiki:
Chat spamming
Chat spamming is the repetition of a word or line typed out by a player using a game's chat system. Most games have some form of text messaging built for in-game communication, there is little to stop a frustrated player from flooding a server with text in the same way a user can flood a chat room. Some servers enforce rules regarding spamming, possibly resulting in players being kicked or banned. Some games allow text to be turned off or mute the player after a limited number of messages at the same time, hence nullifying this form of spamming. People usually "Copy and Paste" or use spambots. Games that utilise Quake's chat color support can provide potential positive usage such as attracting brief attention to short-spammed preset messages which can be colour coded based on the context they are to be used, allowing the team communicate and receive better situational awareness to critical situations.

Spamming according to Urban Dictionary (lol):
Spamming
(Verb) The act if obnoxiously doing something repeatedly for attention or in order to disturb others.
Please quit spamming the forums with offsite links.

Neither of these fit what we managed to get silenced for. we have tried to appeal our silence, with some quite frankly useless support, i do not wish to sit here and insult people, especially when theres a chance it's not on them but their supervisor who has directed them to reply the way they do.

Now, I'm going to explain what is going on, when we advertise Heroic boosts, we get spam reported by other boost groups. there is no repercussions for this abuse of the report system, and quite frankly i don't blame them, business is business, if any Apple could just get their employers to report Microsoft and silence them, so they couldnt advertise, of course they would do that. this is no different.

You setup a game with a capitalistic monetary system. and promptly follow that up with an easily abused system that goes directly against that monetary system. it's a joke.

We appealed our silences, and was told we were "aggresively advertising, and any behaviour the player base finds anoying is reportable as spam." first of all, that is not how spam works. Spam is not whatever you find anoying, and ontop of that, you have people sitting on their !@# all day, having their job outsourced to the player base? are you actually kidding me? you replaced your support and guild masters with random people on a video game who, lets be honest, barely functions in any form of social contract already, you then give them an exploitable power that gives them an advantage if they do decide to abuse it, most of these people are in their teens, one of the most egocentrical age groups satisticly when reviewing consumer data.
I cannot fathom who at blizzard allowed this system to be passed, it is inherently flawed, lazy, and honestly, down right corrupt. any idiot with a highschool degree could've seen how this system would be abused, and the fact support outright states "we do not care why you got reported, or if you did anything wrong, people reported you end of." is just the icing on the cake.

we asked what we could do to avoid this in the future, the reply we got was "If you are every unsure if this would get you reported or punished, just don't do it" Who would ever imagine advertisement a sale in the trade chat would get you punished? this isn't of any use in any way shape or form. and honestly, if that is the only reply you can give to a genuine question in order to avoid this happening in the future, then either you should not have that job, or the job itself should not exist.

Now, i Don't think a lot of you understand what being silenced means. it means you cannot use /s /y or any other form of general or public chat. you are unable to whisper people, you are unable to invite people, if you are the leader of a raid grp EVERYONE in the raid grp becomes unable to invite. you are unable to use the LFG tool as well, effectively meaning you are unable to play, communicate or interact with anyone outside of your guild / bnet friendlist in game. you cannot pug or anything, making it extremely difficult to play the game, to be honest it makes playing an MMO completely pointless.

Is that a fair punishment for NOT breaking the ToS, advertising responsibly, and not doing anything even close to any definition of spamming you can find online? even if we did spam trade, that does not seem like a fair punishment.

Please do not leave such a hefty punishment in the hands of absolute mouth dribbling, window licking, mouth breathers, otherwise known as the average player in world of warcraft, especially with an added incentive of getting rid of the competition when trying to sell.
Completely agreed.

I myself just got off of a 3-month silence and been on it for a same reason.

It's ridiculous and should be changed.
if you double posted like this:

''wts blah blah run get your blah blah mount only for blah blah $$
good group all geared with ilvl blah blah,thousands of runs blah blah''

then yeah that is considered spam,i see it everyday in chat and i report all of them.

double posting with no delay=spam

i hate what has happened to the game while i was gone,in my days you would see a couple of zul'aman runs advertised but that is it.
now you cant even advertise something you want to sell because everyone is double posting.

so yeah kudos to blizz for doing something about it,wish they would do more...some people need to be taught a lesson.
Yeah,

I agree aswell. I've made a Forum Post about this a while ago too.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618242567#1

Seems like an old outdated feature which should be removed or reworked
14/04/2018 17:39Posted by Rayodeluz

then yeah that is considered spam,i see it everyday in chat and i report all of them.

i hate what has happened to the game while i was gone,in my days you would see a couple of zul'aman runs advertised but that is it.
now you cant even advertise something you want to sell because everyone is double posting.

so yeah kudos to blizz for doing something about it,wish they would do more...some people need to be taught a lesson.

When I advertised my stuff, I dont double post at all. I post it every once in a while and our group just gets reported multiple times by competitors since they wanna get rid of the competition which feels really bad :(
You don't see how your guild is spamming if they try to make sure that they have constantly got their ad showing up on trade chat and every time it goes away posts it again?
And doing this over 7 servers?

Imagine if every guild did this?
You wouldn't even have enough space in trade chat for genuine trade.

I'm sorry but you were spamming and deserve every moment of that silence.
I only wish it was longer since you lot don't seem to be learning your lesson.

This is exactly the point of my post, people like you have given power like that when you are obviously iliterate and can't even read the first part of a forum post, before replying, where it was clearly stated exactly how we were advertising, which does not match your description. Reported for spam btw because u anoyed me.
14/04/2018 17:43Posted by Moritz
You don't see how your guild is spamming if they try to make sure that they have constantly got their ad showing up on trade chat and every time it goes away posts it again?

it takes about 3-5 minutes for the message to fade. how is that spam? this was described in the first post, can you read?

No one mentioned a guild either, no clue where you even got that from, once again proving my point that iliterate people should not hold that kind of power, it should be up to support staff, not the likes of you.
14/04/2018 17:40Posted by Sainthappy
Seems like an old outdated feature which should be removed or reworked

No, it's apparently working.
14/04/2018 17:45Posted by Tumle

This is exactly the point of my post, people like you have given power like that when you are obviously iliterate and can't even read the first part of a forum post, before replying, where it was clearly stated exactly how we were advertising, which does not match your description. Reported for spam btw because u anoyed me.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

p.s. calling me iliterate and you type u instead of you...pot meet kettle.
14/04/2018 17:46Posted by Tumle

it takes about 3-5 minutes for the message to fade. how is that spam? this was described in the first post, can you read?

I can read.
Do you have reading comprehension?

It's spam because it's not just asking the once.
It's making sure that it is always active.
It's spam when you post the same thing in trade chat 20 times in one afternoon.
Every afternoon.
14/04/2018 17:48Posted by Rayodeluz
14/04/2018 17:45Posted by Tumle

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
except we have had support staff look through our logs to confirm it, but yeah u just keep making up stuff in your own little dream world bud.

I mean if you can't understand abreviations and want to go on a grammar spree, should we start with proper capitalization, or your terrible punctuation? like what the !@#$ dude. indeed go say hello to the pot.
14/04/2018 17:49Posted by Moritz

I can read.
Do you have reading comprehension?

It's spam because it's not just asking the once.
It's making sure that it is always active.
It's spam when you post the same thing in trade chat 20 times in one afternoon.
Every afternoon.

I linked to different definitions of spam. please find one that fits ur statement, cuz i can't find any, that is just a definition that you pulled out of your !@#$. just because you think so doesn't make it so.
No one mentioned a guild either, no clue where you even got that from, once again proving my point that iliterate people should not hold that kind of power, it should be up to support staff, not the likes of you.

Now, we sell Heroic Argus boosts for gold, we are not breaking ToS, we are paying customers many of us who have paid to play this gave for 14 almost 15 years. and we advertise our boost on 7 or so servers. Now i can't say for everyone, but atleast 1 of us have gotten silenced for "spamming"

Neither of these fit what we managed to get silenced for. we have tried to appeal our silence

we asked what we could do to avoid this in the future

Thats an awful lot of "we"s for not being in a guild.
Once again.
Reading comprehension.

"Imagine if every guild did this?" Are you actually kidding me? Imagine if everyone was using trade chat to sell their flasks instead of the action house. Then you wouldn't be able to use that trade chat properly as well or am I wrong? Just because Blizzard does not have a supported communication channel for boosts, it does not imply that using trade channel to advertise boosts is against ToS, aka Spamming.
14/04/2018 17:52Posted by Tumle

I mean if you can't understand abreviations and want to go on a grammar spree, should we start with proper capitalization, or your terrible punctuation? like what the !@#$ dude. indeed go say hello to the pot.

yeah im done,im just happy justice was served.

have a nice ''silent'' day.

Now, we sell Heroic Argus boosts for gold, we are not breaking ToS, we are paying customers many of us who have paid to play this gave for 14 almost 15 years. and we advertise our boost on 7 or so servers. Now i can't say for everyone, but atleast 1 of us have gotten silenced for "spamming"

Neither of these fit what we managed to get silenced for. we have tried to appeal our silence

Once again.
Reading comprehension.

"We" could also be a group of people, gathered and recruited to offer this service.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618163396#1

Once again.
Reading comprehension.

Lmao, since when did "we" mean guild? "we" means we, as in our group. there is absolutely no link between "we" and guild. It's really hard not to be insulting when you say stuff like this you understand that right? so if I tell someone that "we" are going out tonight, they should assume im going clubbing with my wow guild? lol