Appeal against Silence/Mute rejected unfairly

Customer Support
Your chat and mail privileges have been temporarily suspended pending Game Master review.

My appeal got rejected unfairly, I can't reopen the ticket as the GM's forcefully marked it as "solved"....

This incident took place like 10 minutes before server-restart wednesday early mornings, which agitated the players so they took it out on a random call in trade channel: "reported" "report him" which got my full account muted for a day long.

All I am saying is that the GM's should also look at circumstances. It's easy to gather a agitated crowd in the trade-channel, players who are just waiting to get forced-log off for a scheduled realm-restart to have some trollin-fest in mass-reporting someone. All just to trigger the auto-mute system from Blizzard.
I had the same because a guild was thinking it is funny to report a guy during mythic progression, my whole account got muted for 3 days straight. The only thing i wrote was a greeting in /1. IMO the system is really flawed, same with namechange-reports
Since I can't see what you said I can only assume you deserved it. It's not really about what you say but how many votes you got.
04/04/2018 20:42Posted by Dottie
Since I can't see what you said I can only assume you deserved it. It's not really about what you say but how many votes you got.

The point of my post is, that the votes on me was not because of what I said, but because the server was about to be shut down so the players in trade-chat redirected their agitation of the shutdown on a random "reported" "report him" call in trade-chat. A trade-chat that was currently in the situation of being spammed with Blizzard's system-messages "server shut downs in 3:45 minutes" "server shut downs in 3:40 minutes".

No matter what I said, I wouldn't get that many votes if it wasn't for the server shutdown, the GM's know that but it's in their stubbornly interests to ignore this and reject my appeal.
It's normally only 24 hours... just have a coffee and chill

Which is an issue lol, there was a streamer who tested this when they introduced the system. He said "I love WoW" and had people report him for that. He got silenced as a result.
Only time I believe a game master is looking into it when you post a ticket and actually get a human response.
04/04/2018 21:31Posted by Izyla
Which is an issue lol, there was a streamer who tested this when they introduced the system. He said "I love WoW" and had people report him for that. He got silenced as a result.
It's not really about what you say but how many votes you got.
04/04/2018 21:43Posted by Dottie

Which is an issue lol
04/04/2018 21:43Posted by Dottie

Can you really not put 2 and 2 together?
04/04/2018 22:21Posted by Izyla
Can you really not put 2 and 2 together?

I certainly can but in which base?

This is how the system works, you get a certain amount of reports you get silenced. In the case given he asked for those reports.
04/04/2018 21:30Posted by Blindingsun
It's normally only 24 hours... just have a coffee and chill

That might make sense, except, if I understand correctly, that this counts as a strike against your account that will increase penalties applied in future.

That is unfair, IF the remark wasn't worthy of a penalty. Of course, we don't have the full story here.

If it was me, and I believed the penalty was incorrectly applied, I would be very annoyed, and I would not let it go.
i agree i got muted for a whole day because i linked a achivement
05/04/2018 06:16Posted by Ulsissann
i agree i got muted for a whole day because i linked a achivement

Probably for putting a single word before the achievement though.
Hello Cowardrogue,

If you believe the issue isn't resolved, you can open a new ticket. However, please keep in mind if you're told the decision stands, it's likely you will also be asked not to submit more tickets about the same issue.

Regardless of the outcome, this isn't something we can help you with via the forums, so I'm locking this thread.