Anyone can do a better job than Ion.

General
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
04/04/2018 15:11Posted by Sorcerer
04/04/2018 14:59Posted by Gideach
On the other hand, if that chef did a poor job with other kinds of food before, you wouldn't hold much faith in him for his next meal no?
Depends on a variety of factors. So no, it's not that simple.

So you want to tell me that if your best friend tells you they got takeaway and it was !@#$, you'd order anyway and tell them how it "depends on a variety of factors"? Lmfao, be real.
04/04/2018 15:14Posted by Lunétte
... Depends on a variety of factors. So no, it's not that simple.

So you want to tell me that if your best friend tells you they got takeaway and it was !@#$, you'd order anyway and tell them how it "depends on a variety of factors"? Lmfao, be real.

Your friend isn't giving you alot of information there. For all you know he ordered the food, it arrived, he had to go out for several hours and the food was stone cold when he ate it. It's a butchered analogy anyway.
Just get rid of whole thing entirely. It has no purpose other than make people grind dailies (sorry, i meant "world quests") over and over and over and over again.

Whole idea of progression over time, rewarding those who subscribe more, punishing those who take breaks, is a disgusting trick to keep people subscribed for as long as possible.
... Depends on a variety of factors. So no, it's not that simple.

Actually I'd ask what they ordered at what time, from where and what was exactly wrong with the food?
for an example there is two grills 5mins from my apartment but I don't use them as I ordered pizza once from there and actually got sick from it.
Also because Junkfood dinner, lunch any meal is damn expensive and I need my money to pay rent, my games and to feed my belly for the longest as possible.
It's funny that Ion himself said that they went to far with pruning in a recent Q&A and yet they are still doing it or making baseline spells Talents.

And on the Azerite armor topic:
It was so obvious that there won't be any active spells coming out of that system, anyone who thought so doesn't know Blizzard.
Of course these Azerite pieces are pure stat sicks with some spell modifyers here and there.
First of all Ion is the boss on WoW team, he deosn't make those abilities, probably never had done anything about the class desing. He was making raids before. There is whole team that makes those abilities.

Another thing is that this is alpha and things can change yet, just give good constructive feedback instead of complaining. Ion said in last Q&A what good feedback should look like. Give specifics instead of saying that something is bad.

One other thing, there won't be just one set of Azerite Armor for each class. There will be multiple pieces of of it, so you can choose what piece best suits you.
Why is it ok to change the example and use my point for this new scenario? That wasn't what I said.

be real.

Take your own advice man.
The Azerite armor looks pretty terrible so far, however Ion did more in the game in Vanilla than the worthless scum who started this thread have in their entire time playing wow.
Dear Ion,
------------------------------------------------------------
I find the pruning too much in this current alpha build as I think more abilities develops better combat and more strategy.
For example, {I feel on my warlock using drain soul as affliction - despite the overwhelming amount of health it gives you - really feels good as part of the lore of the affliction warlock, and reducing back to the shadow bolt in my opinion is unnecessary, reworking the ability would work a lot better than scrapping it, for example making drain soul stack for every DoT you have on the enemy, overall it is a key to the feel of affliction and I feel it should stay}
Another example would be... {Insert second example here}
Overall, abilities for me are a lot better when there are many that interweave with mechanics that reward experimental and thoughtful of players to get the best out of the class.
Thank you for your time.
------------------------------------------
That was not hard to write. (I don't believe pruning is too much but let me have drain soul back please blizz aaaa-)

Notice 3 things you need to make a good criticism:
1) What they are doing
2) Why you in particular think it is not as good as it could be.
3) How it could be improved

Each needs to be clear, with examples (so the other person understands what you want to achieve) and respectful, because if you don't you actually come across as rude, and then guess what? Nobody listens.

It's not hard to write good criticism.
04/04/2018 15:23Posted by Zim
Just get rid of whole thing entirely. It has no purpose other than make people grind dailies (sorry, i meant "world quests") over and over and over and over again.

Whole idea of progression over time, rewarding those who subscribe more, punishing those who take breaks, is a disgusting trick to keep people subscribed for as long as possible.

People who invest more in game should be rewarded more, your attitude is awful and totally anti-MMO.
04/04/2018 14:30Posted by Gideach
04/04/2018 14:26Posted by Dottie
I suggest you go and look up what an alpha is. I won't baby sit.

That's what people said about the legiondaries, and the AP grind.

Sure, it's "only alpha", but then it's "only beta" and then "relax guys, game just launched", and then "guys, they will fix it at the next patch", and finally "next xpac will remove it anyway!"

Point is, we need to speak up whenever we see something that we think is lacking or problematic.

This
04/04/2018 15:51Posted by Xoxaxo
It's funny that Ion himself said that they went to far with pruning in a recent Q&A and yet they are still doing it or making baseline spells Talents.

I'm mildly hopeful for bfa fixing Legion's issues, and simultaneously terrified that they're not going to fix all the stuff they broke with the whole concept of pruning.

It was so obvious that there won't be any active spells coming out of that system, anyone who thought so doesn't know Blizzard.
Of course these Azerite pieces are pure stat sicks with some spell modifyers here and there.

Personally not too fussed about the system only giving out passives, I strongly dislike the idea that abilities are locked behind additional grind beyond leveling to max, felt it was too much in Legion already, although catchup mostly fixed it later down the line.
04/04/2018 17:18Posted by Wwhelp

I'm mildly hopeful for bfa fixing Legion's issues, and simultaneously terrified that they're not going to fix all the stuff they broke with the whole concept of pruning.

Personally not too fussed about the system only giving out passives, I strongly dislike the idea that abilities are locked behind additional grind beyond leveling to max, felt it was too much in Legion already, although catchup mostly fixed it later down the line.
Better to get additional abilities via Azerite armor than not getting any at all.
04/04/2018 17:23Posted by Alandrion
Better to get additional abilities via Azerite armor than not getting any at all.

Sure?
But why couldn't we get additional abilities from just the pre-launch patch, as an attempt to fix the mess that Legion's class redesign made, rather than needing to wait for the launch of bfa, then to get max level again, then to grind some stupid pseudo artifact progression.

Just gib me my abilities back plz~
04/04/2018 17:05Posted by Archaeuss
Dear Ion,
I find the pruning too much in this current alpha build as I think more abilities develops better combat and more strategy.
For example, {I feel on my warlock using drain soul as affliction - despite the overwhelming amount of health it gives you - really feels good as part of the lore of the affliction warlock, and reducing back to the shadow bolt in my opinion is unnecessary, reworking the ability would work a lot better than scrapping it, for example making drain soul stack for every DoT you have on the enemy, overall it is a key to the feel of affliction and I feel it should stay}
Overall, abilities for me are a lot better when there are many that interweave with mechanics that reward experimental and thoughtful of players to get the best out of the class.
Thank you for your time.

now picture if even half of the Feedback did this instead of crying?

1) What they are doing

gold coins being dropped here.
Ugh, lots of posts giving out about this so as usual some Youtuber has intentionally outraged the plebs who can't think for themselves.

Expect lots more.
04/04/2018 17:27Posted by Wwhelp
04/04/2018 17:23Posted by Alandrion

Sure?
But why couldn't we get additional abilities from just the pre-launch patch, as an attempt to fix the mess that Legion's class redesign made, rather than needing to wait for the launch of bfa, then to get max level again, then to grind some stupid pseudo artifact progression.

Just gib me my abilities back plz~
We should probably be glad for ANY extra active abilities the way things have gone. Nothing is sacred anymore.
04/04/2018 17:32Posted by Alandrion
We should probably be glad for ANY extra active abilities the way things have gone. Nothing is sacred anymore.

IDK dude, if we get nothing, I will be salty, and if it's locked behind a dumb progression system in max level, I will continue to be salty :]
04/04/2018 14:26Posted by Dottie
I suggest you go and look up what an alpha is. I won't baby sit.

Yeah, just... stop white knighting blizzard for goodness sake. Give it a rest with the rim licking.. Ta.
04/04/2018 17:28Posted by Durlan
Dear Ion,
Thank you for your time.

now picture if even half of the Feedback did this instead of crying?

1) What they are doing

gold coins being dropped here.
We have done this a million times before in other threads. Everyones patience runs out sooner or later.