Should orcs have straight backs in classic?

Classic Discussion
24/03/2018 18:18Posted by Nemorzor
Should orcs have straight backs in classic

No, they shouldn't.
well I was frustrated with thoracic kyphosis acceptance movement from day one, so I would like to see both types of models.

people will determine what is more appealing to their orc characters.
27/03/2018 18:40Posted by Rizzenn
well I was frustrated with thoracic kyphosis acceptance movement from day one, so I would like to see both types of models.

Maybe I'm falling for a big time troll here but you actually sound serious so gratz, I guess.

You realize straight back orcs are a selling point for BfA, right?
24/03/2018 19:19Posted by Nemorzor
The only thing that would ruin is your vanilla "experience".

Any change = ruined game for the specialsnowflakes
31/03/2018 11:32Posted by Exemplis
24/03/2018 19:19Posted by Nemorzor
The only thing that would ruin is your vanilla "experience".

Any change = ruined game for the specialsnowflakes

Lol
Let's put all graphic suggestions as client side toggles. Problem solved.

Game mechanics however ...no change.
HAHA nemorzor are you pissed or what? next thing you will be asking for highmountain taurens..
While I do agree that the new straight back orc models look great you have just plunged head first through a massive portal at the top of an equally massive staircase that for some weird unexplained reason, possibly to do with interdimensional space travel craziness, became a lot smaller on the other side. Being trampled by thousands of orcs and falling face first down the tiny stairs on the other side really did a number on your back that will take years to recover, just in time for BfA it appears.
Female orcs, much wiser than their male counterparts, somehow foresaw this and trailed at the back and remained unaffected as they strode across the heap of men who rushed foolishly before them.
I would not mind it, nor support it. If I will have orc he will have nice hunch anyway.
31/03/2018 08:04Posted by Vunde
27/03/2018 18:40Posted by Rizzenn

Maybe I'm falling for a big time troll here but you actually sound serious so gratz, I guess.

You realize straight back orcs are a selling point for BfA, right?

Maybe they are admiting their mistake from day 1 in BfA.

So they will give us normal orcs.

Then again, they want to implement fat-!@#$ humans...

So I don't really know what is their selling point for BfA.

maybe they are out of ideas :D

My point is; more models, more diversity, more people can have a character closer what they have imagined.

I would not mine Kul Tirar human shape model in Classic, but I would not create one in 1000 years.
04/04/2018 13:34Posted by Rizzenn
My point is; more models, more diversity, more people can have a character closer what they have imagined.

I would not mine Kul Tirar human shape model in Classic, but I would not create one in 1000 years.

You are asking for BfA, specific features for BfA, even. New features too. All new features are selling points of the new expansion.

So I'm not even going to discuss it not being vanilla... I'm already lost at how you cannot see that putting new expansion features in vanilla would be a pr disaster even just from the side of selling BfA. Unless you're trolling, ofc, but since blizzard isn't banning you I have to assume they don't consider it trolling.
04/04/2018 15:03Posted by Vunde
04/04/2018 13:34Posted by Rizzenn

You are asking for BfA, specific features for BfA, even. New features too. All new features are selling points of the new expansion.

So I'm not even going to discuss it not being vanilla... I'm already lost at how you cannot see that putting new expansion features in vanilla would be a pr disaster even just from the side of selling BfA. Unless you're trolling, ofc, but since blizzard isn't banning you I have to assume they don't consider it trolling.

I'm not trolling as I consider that things that killed WoW "vanilla feel" are:

1: LFG/LFR,

2: Flying mounts,

3: Welfare epics,

4: Flash Gordon leveling,

5: Making every class good at everything(just waiting for "plate" spec for mages).

6: Instant teleport to dungeons or everywhere else.

Things like more models and animations(if they keep the classic ones) WILL not and CANNOT destroy WoW:Classic project.

Same with auto/AoE loot or few extra flight paths.
04/04/2018 16:04Posted by Rizzenn

Yes, and someone else considers straight backs (and all your adjustments) things that kill the vanilla feel.

Things like more models and animations(if they keep the classic ones) WILL not and CANNOT destroy WoW:Classic project.

That's where you are wrong. It definitely killed part of wow for me. I lost all my feeling with my original main and I can't go back to it either, as the toggle is not really a toggle but just a fat sticker with "you think you do but you don't (have an option)" on it.

It's not about what you find important or not, it's about what vanilla wow was and that's dictated by existing numbers.

But as I said, it's really not needed to go as far as discussing this when you ask for new expansions features in vanilla.
I still think we have to be very strict about having no changes made to the game no matter how small they might be because changing one little thing will lead to another little change and another.. and so on.

5: Making every class good at everything(just waiting for "plate" spec for mages).

If they can not destroy Classic, it doesn't mean they can't HURT it. And they will.
04/04/2018 15:03Posted by Vunde

The thing is that the mission is to recreate the origins of this game. They can't do that by dropping in all kinds of crap that doesn't belong in there.

The number of flight paths for example is one detail among many that shaped Vanilla.

Another thing is that Blizzard doesn't have to make Classic easier/faster/more convenient because it doesn't matter how many people play it and it doesn't have to pull in the crowds.

It's probably even better for Blizzard if Vanilla stays 'small' because imagine what a problem it would be if the bulk of their subscribers only logged in for Classic.
04/04/2018 20:34Posted by Shogath

It's probably even better for Blizzard if Vanilla stays 'small' because imagine what a problem it would be if the bulk of their subscribers only logged in for Classic.

That would be the greatest !@#$storm these forums ever seen.
24/03/2018 18:18Posted by Nemorzor
What do you think? Should orcs have straight backs in classic, because i think we should have them. It won't change any gameplay only the player model and it will be lorewise if that means anything to you.
Also we would look awesome standing straight.
No ofcourse not. And if by now you still don't understand why, it's probably useless to try and explain.
In case it wasn't obvious from my previous post, I'm against it too. But IF they were to implement it it would HAVE to be a toggle. That way I could keep it on hunchback.
It wasn't something chiropractors in the days of Vanilla could deal with, it took a former titan doing some serious stabbing to straighten you out after all. The tremors and shock finally making you stand up straight.. ;)
No, no changes!

But Trolls should all have a straight back