How to let the High Elves "playable", Horde side

Story
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
01/05/2018 16:17Posted by Synéa
Yes but again many of those were exiled by Lor'themar.
Nothing says they didn't call themselves Blood Elves before then. But if the new leader boots you out because you won't follow his new rules - however necesarry he deems them - you might not be too inclined to follow his traditions.
That's indeed a fair point. But I imagine there were ones that weren't exiled, but left anyways. But like I said, they're the minority.
01/05/2018 15:56Posted by Synéa

I'm a Blood Elf fan who a) recognises the actual lore of High Elves and not the straw perceptions you have made up and b) laments the fall of her favourite Warcraft race due to appalling writing and developer stupidity.

Oh really? what lore?

Vereesa and her bunch of rangers living in Dalaran cause she shared the bed with Rhonin ? That Vereesa that made children with a human instead of one of the few high elves that were left and trying to survive? So in order for them to start a new (see the worgens that made a settlement in bloody BLASTED LANDS just to live) they just go and hide behind Dalaran's magical barriers...

Please the few remaining high elves are so pathetic I wonder when we will get the quest to put them out of their misery since they are nothing but that annoying little cockroach that cries: hey I WAS amazing once... but after that I betrayed my people and my lands.

Off-topic: high elf fans are as foolish as those with #TrumpNotMyPresident. I hate him also but that doesn't change the FACT that he is PRESIDENT.

If you don't understand the story do us all a favor and don't talk !@#$ about it.

Yes very few "high elves" still exist. No one denies that.
They can all be wiped out by some orcs and some axes? Most likely!

Just because some kobolds (even those are more than high elves lol) also exist and they have a past, that doesn't make them playable.
01/05/2018 15:39Posted by Synéa
You mean Baine who resented Garrosh for killing Cairne and openly supported Vol'jin?
You mean Lor'themar who was negociating with Varian to join the Alliance?

Exactly. After the event that I stated.

Explain how it is then? As I told you, even Unholy DKs who's entire theme is manipulating and partnering with undead minions do so with sentient undead with their own names.

That's a different thing. That's the undead companion a completely different thing.

Evading the point got it.

I'm not evading anything you're comparing tomatoes to potatoes. DKs lore has nothing to do with Paladins lore. There are no V'elf paladins because simply paladins don't deal with the void at all unlike priests.

Because mine is based on reason and not defending waifu.

Yes and that reason is alliance wanna be.

Despite all the times she's implied she'd love to raise others, the fact that she openly threatened Saurfang with undead slavery, the fact that she indiscriminately raises corpses from both sides in the battle for undercity.

Yes because I guess threats don't count as proof only when it comes to mah precious alliance.

01/05/2018 15:51Posted by Synéa
No. Because they have committed treason against the nation and people of Quel'thalas by following the very force that almost destroyed it - undeath - and openly aided in it's spread.

Said undead and monster are the only reason you still exist. You literally wouldn't exist had it not been for Sylvanas showing up to help her old people despite them turning away her emissaries at first. If you knew anything about the B'elves you'd know that they have no problem with the forsaken practices. But you a high elf wanna be have no knowledge of that because when the rest of Quel'thalas was struggling your precious traitorous high elves were sipping wine with the humans.

I'm a Blood Elf fan who a) recognises the actual lore of High Elves and not the straw perceptions you have made up and b) laments the fall of her favourite Warcraft race due to appalling writing and developer stupidity.

The only stupid thing they did the bleaching of this race making it the equivalent of the lame humans on the hordes side.
01/05/2018 16:36Posted by Dudas

Oh really? what lore?

Vereesa and her bunch of rangers living in Dalaran cause she shared the bed with Rhonin ? That Vereesa that made children with a human instead of one of the few high elves that were left and trying to survive? So in order for them to start a new (see the worgens that made a settlement in bloody BLASTED LANDS just to live) they just go and hide behind Dalaran's magical barriers...

Have we come so low that the Sylvanas Defence Force has put me in the position of defending Vereesa Windrunner of all characters? Yes we have.
Truly these are the dark times.

Vereesa was in a relationship with Rhonin before the fall of Quel'thalas and had her children with Rhonin only very recently after.
It's entirely possible they were concieved before, but even if not you're presuming that a significant number of High Elves should all drop their cultural practice of interbreeding because of an external event to the very second it happens.

You're also somehow assuming the Silver Covenant represents 100% of High Elves when it clearly does not.

Please the few remaining high elves are so pathetic I wonder when we will get the quest to put them out of their misery since they are nothing but that annoying little cockroach that cries: hey I WAS amazing once... but after that I betrayed my people and my lands.

Even though I've just got done explaining how Chronicle 3 demonstrates that Quel'thalas were not "the lands" of many of these High Elves, you will bleat the same tiresome rhetoric anyway.

Off-topic: high elf fans are as foolish as those with #TrumpNotMyPresident. I hate him also but that doesn't change the FACT that he is PRESIDENT.

If you don't understand the story do us all a favor and don't talk !@#$ about it.

Take your own advice, sir.

Yes very few "high elves" still exist. No one denies that.
They can all be wiped out by some orcs and some axes? Most likely!

And all it takes to end your waifu forever is a single bullet to the back from a level 20 boss.
Lord Godfrey was truly the hero we needed.

Just because some kobolds (even those are more than high elves lol) also exist and they have a past, that doesn't make them playable.

*glances at Vulpera*

You were saying?
Exactly. After the event that I stated.

Which is irrelevant to the fact that both showed open resentment and hostility to Garrosh, and Garrosh knew it.

That's a different thing. That's the undead companion a completely different thing.

I am speaking of the class fantasy you brought up. Stop evading my points.

I'm not evading anything you're comparing tomatoes to potatoes. DKs lore has nothing to do with Paladins lore. There are no V'elf paladins because simply paladins don't deal with the void at all unlike priests.

And yet a Void Elf can be an exclusively Holy Priest and call on the Light to heal in gameplay. By your logic, that's canon and so should Void Elf Paladins be.

Yes and that reason is alliance wanna be.

If Blizzard are insistent on making the Horde a collossal joke that appeals only to bloodthirsty edgelords and the Sylvanas Defence Force who lust for her and wish she'd step on you and call you naughty boys, then the Alliance is all that's left.

I repeat. I lament for the Horde-that-was. That should be.

Yes because I guess threats don't count as proof only when it comes to mah precious alliance.

Once again.
Threats made by someone who has actually done and contiually does the things she threatents = credible.
Threats made by someone who has not only never done it but actively done the exact opposite = not credible.

Said undead and monster are the only reason you still exist. You literally wouldn't exist had it not been for Sylvanas showing up to help her old people despite them turning away her emissaries at first.

Utter garbage. At worst, the Ghostlands would be a lot worse off.

It also amuses that you say this when in truth the Blood Elves wouldn't exist today if not for... the Draenei, and the Alliance.

It's the Draenei who band together with the Scryers to form the Shattered Sun and retake the Quel'danas
It's the Alliance (canon as of Chronicle 3) who lead the charge and secure the Sunwell, stopping Kil'jaeden from using it as a portal and destroying it completely.
It is Velen and the Naaru who, through a complex plan brought about by Mu'ru's sacrifice reignite the Sunwell and save the Blood Elves from ultimate doom.

If not for the Draenei, Blood Elves wouldn't be here. We wouldn't have Blood Knights. We wouldn't have mages. We wouldn't have our damn golden eyes. We wouldn't have *anything*

But yeah, let's follow the selfish treasonous harpy who provided minor help with an agenda she blackmailed Lor'themar with later while attacking and killing the very people without which the Blood Elves would be reduced to a bunch of fel-sucking wretched sleeping in the bowels of a ruined decaying Silvermoon.

Though I suspect you'd probably like that.

If you knew anything about the B'elves you'd know that they have no problem with the forsaken practices.

The Blood Elves worship the Light and have been traumatised by the undead corrupting the Sunwell and destroying their society.
They only accepted Forsaken aid based on the promise that they were different.
Lor'themar refused with disgust Sylvanas' attempt to raise blood elves as undead. Liadrin almost died protecting Tirion's body from undead defilement. But sure they don't have a problem with being just like the Scourge.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU SCOURGE WANNABE.
And your ignorance frankly disgusts me. Learn the lore before talking to me again.

But you a high elf wanna be have no knowledge of that because when the rest of Quel'thalas was struggling your precious traitorous high elves were sipping wine with the humans.

Already gone over that, but it doesn't surprise that your inability to understand the lore also translates to an inability to understand what I say.

The only stupid thing they did the bleaching of this race making it the equivalent of the lame humans on the hordes side.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
So now you admit it's canon lore that the Blood Elves are as I say.
It's just that you personally don't like it and wish they were all mindless undead worshipping edgelords.
This is priceless.
01/05/2018 17:43Posted by Synéa
Which is irrelevant

Of course it is irrelevant we already established that only your hate mongering is relavant.

I am speaking of the class fantasy you brought up. Stop evading my points.

And I'm still talking about the same thing. Raising the dead is the base core of the DK class it existed since WC3.

It also amuses that you say this when in truth the Blood Elves wouldn't exist today if not for... the Draenei, and the Alliance.

It's the Draenei who band together with the Scryers to form the Shattered Sun and retake the Quel'danas
It's the Alliance (canon as of Chronicle 3) who lead the charge and secure the Sunwell, stopping Kil'jaeden from using it as a portal and destroying it completely.
It is Velen and the Naaru who, through a complex plan brought about by Mu'ru's sacrifice reignite the Sunwell and save the Blood Elves from ultimate doom.

If not for the Draenei, Blood Elves wouldn't be here. We wouldn't have Blood Knights. We wouldn't have mages. We wouldn't have our damn golden eyes. We wouldn't have *anything*

You know what's utter garbage? The fact that you bring up chronicles 3 and somehow twist the lore to fit you agenda. Because if you read chronicles 3 you'd know that Liadrin went to A'dal who introduced her to the Shattered sun offensive. I you read it you'd know that the alliances effort, who were there just to defeat KJ not to liberate the B'elves, had little effect. And it was Anveena Teague who saved the day. You'd know that Velen wasn't there to save the B'elves but to pay tribute the Mu'uru. Granted he helped cleanse it but by the time the B'elves had lived without it for long that even if they destroyed it a second time their lives wouldn't have changed that much after all.

But I guess your precious golden eyes are worth butchering the lore.

The Blood Elves worship the Light and have been traumatised by the undead corrupting the Sunwell and destroying their society.

They believe in it as a holy power and ask for it's blessing. The only races that actively worship the light are humans and the Dwarves.

Lor'themar refused with disgust Sylvanas' attempt to raise blood elves as undead.

So you got that from his voice and you didn't get the part where she was teasing him about it? I guess many things slip through when you're busy hate mongering. There's nothing that states that the relationship between Lor'themar and Sylvanas are different in any shape or form.

Liadrin almost died protecting Tirion's body from undead defilement.

I remember that that was a great one. This character let that slip only because of them being old compatriots.

Like I admit that they are now going back to their basics. Of doing what it takes to survive.

But I guess that's something you're not used to seeing the truth as it is without your hate mongering glasses. You should try it sometimes.
If High Elves become playable, does this mean I get Naga?

Can you imagine a conversation between a Nightborne Elder and Naga:

Shal'dorei: So how are you doing these days?
Naga: Things have been a little wet and damp since the Sundering. Yourself?
Shal'dorei: Not bad. Been seeing the colour "purple" for...years..
Naga: Really..?
01/05/2018 19:09Posted by Valistri
If High Elves become playable, does this mean I get Naga?

Can you imagine a conversation between a Nightborne Elder and Naga:

Shal'dorei: So how are you doing these days?
Naga: Things have been a little wet and damp since the Sundering. Yourself?
Shal'dorei: Not bad. Been seeing the colour "purple" for...years..
Naga: Really..?

Dont forget all the wine!
How could you forget the wine valistri ! Or the parties,but youre right about the purple though.
01/05/2018 19:22Posted by Ciël

But what do the Naga drink...I'm not keen on salt water wine..
01/05/2018 19:25Posted by Valistri

I'm pretty sure they no tengo naga.
01/05/2018 19:25Posted by Valistri

I dunno , they prolly drink water and eat alot of fish. But whatever it is, arcwine is better then it anyway.
But real question is can naga's get drunk?
Time to shoot more fish in a barrel.
With a rocket launcher.
And the barrel has no water.
And the fish are already dead.

Of course it is irrelevant we already established that only your hate mongering is relavant.

Strawman. Stop evading the point.

And I'm still talking about the same thing. Raising the dead is the base core of the DK class it existed since WC3.

It is not the core of either blood or frost DKs, and I've already explained unholy DKs to you.
Army of the Dead is *fluff*.

You know what's utter garbage? The fact that you bring up chronicles 3 and somehow twist the lore to fit you agenda. Because if you read chronicles 3 you'd know that Liadrin went to A'dal who introduced her to the Shattered sun offensive. I you read it you'd know that the alliances effort, who were there just to defeat KJ not to liberate the B'elves, had little effect. And it was Anveena Teague who saved the day. You'd know that Velen wasn't there to save the B'elves but to pay tribute the Mu'uru. Granted he helped cleanse it but by the time the B'elves had lived without it for long that even if they destroyed it a second time their lives wouldn't have changed that much after all.

But I guess your precious golden eyes are worth butchering the lore.

You don't even understand when I'm using your logic against you do you?

You think that the Blood Elves should be eternally grateful for Sylvanas' initial aid despite the fact that it was done with ulterior motives to use the blood elves as more troops to get to Northrend with.

Yet you decry the Alliance's efforts because they had ulterior motives, despite the fact that none of those ulterior motivees were actually harmful to the Blood Elves.

You also seem to think that Liadrin meeting A'dal negates the formation of the Shattered Sun, which was a joint effort of the Aldor and the Scryers, hence Draenei and Blood Elves and you somehow miss the fact that despite all that it was still the Naaru's plan to save the Sunwell!

You are also completely deluded if you think the Blood Elves could've prospered without the Sunwell.
Quel'thalas itself was dying thanks to it's deactivation and corruption from the Dead Scar. The Blood Elves were desperately seeking any source of mana they could get. That's why their initial plan was to emigrate to Outland.

I'm amazed at your ability for self-delusion and dismissing everything except what waifu did.
Give me a break. Illidan did more for the Blood Elves than Sylvanas ever did. Illidan.

They believe in it as a holy power and ask for it's blessing. The only races that actively worship the light are humans and the Dwarves.

False. See *any* of Liadrin's dialogue prior to BfA.

So you got that from his voice and you didn't get the part where she was teasing him about it? I guess many things slip through when you're busy hate mongering. There's nothing that states that the relationship between Lor'themar and Sylvanas are different in any shape or form.

Aside from the fact that he vehemently denies her little offer, and somehow you think that's "teasing".

I remember that that was a great one. This character let that slip only because of them being old compatriots.

Evading the point again.

Like I admit that they are now going back to their basics. Of doing what it takes to survive.

Why do I suddenly picture you painting a giant target on yourself and screaming "COME AT ME BROOO!" and thinking that's surviving?

But I guess that's something you're not used to seeing the truth as it is without your hate mongering glasses. You should try it sometimes.

Concession accepted.
01/05/2018 21:06Posted by Ciël
But real question is can naga's get drunk?

Now that is a question...depends whether N'Zoth's work prevents drunkenness..or simply the Naga have not been able to drink wine since their transformation.

Perhaps we should speak with those Illidari Naga first on their little space planet and see how they view Arcwine? After that, and once Azshara is dealt with, we'll offer it to any rebel Naga who have broke away from N'Zoth's grip.
What's the point of life if you can't get drunk?
01/05/2018 22:13Posted by Gluin

What is the point of life, if you have to get drunk to enjoy it Oo.
01/05/2018 23:50Posted by Medaan
01/05/2018 22:13Posted by Gluin

What is the point of life, if you have to get drunk to enjoy it Oo.

he is a dwarf, beer and mining in evrything to him :P
Anar'alah belore!!!

Don't get why you people want those elves anyways, they are just blood elves with blue eyes... you getting golden eye option next... maybe they give you blue eyes option as well...

...srsly, so much hustle over nothing, high elves are blood elves:

"Kael'thas Sunstrider assumed command over the bulk of the surviving high elves and renamed his followers blood elves in homage to their murdered brethren."

Get over it already.

Only ones that remained under the name "high" were those that were not in Quel'Thalas during LK's invasion. Those are traitors to their race and their people.
02/05/2018 11:47Posted by Beher
Don't get why you people want those elves anyways, they are just blood elves with blue eyes... you getting golden eye option next... maybe they give you blue eyes option as well...

Hehehe you get it all figured out ;)
Plus some background fluff implied by this.

So ! Blue eyes option already

Said undead and monster are the only reason you still exist. You literally wouldn't exist had it not been for Sylvanas showing up to help her old people despite them turning away her emissaries at first.

But yeah, let's follow the selfish treasonous harpy who provided minor help with an agenda she blackmailed Lor'themar with later while attacking and killing the very people without which the Blood Elves would be reduced to a bunch of fel-sucking wretched sleeping in the bowels of a ruined decaying Silvermoon.

Though I suspect you'd probably like that.

If you knew anything about the B'elves you'd know that they have no problem with the forsaken practices.

They only accepted Forsaken aid based on the promise that they were different.
Lor'themar refused with disgust Sylvanas' attempt to raise blood elves as undead. Liadrin almost died protecting Tirion's body from undead defilement. But sure they don't have a problem with being just like the Scourge.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU SCOURGE WANNABE.
And your ignorance frankly disgusts me. Learn the lore before talking to me again.

But you a high elf wanna be have no knowledge of that because when the rest of Quel'thalas was struggling your precious traitorous high elves were sipping wine with the humans.

Already gone over that, but it doesn't surprise that your inability to understand the lore also translates to an inability to understand what I say.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
It's just that you personally don't like it and wish they were all mindless undead worshipping edgelords.
This is priceless.
Hahaha ! well said, lady

The "Sylvanas Defence Force". It's so real. Sylvanas-Nathanos loyalists are reminding Garrosh loyalists somehow... Only bloodshed, war and blackmagic-darkness-edge-craft matters for them, nevermind the fallacies to advocate it.
(I don't know how far it's IC or OOC. Some need for a SWTOR Empire going full Dark Side into WoW maybe)

Definitely... we need to get a third faction with Saufang, Baine, Halduron and some wise (ex)Alliance leaders, and let the loyalists of Sylvanas and Garrosh kill themselves for power and "survival" into that blight-rotten Horde. Siege of Orgrimmar II
High Elves playable on Horde side? Very possible in my eyes. Here's why.

Quel'dorei all their recent lives opposed the style of living that Sin'dorei displayed. To High Elves, their Blood kin was nothing more but mana addicts and demon corrupted doomed fools.

All their life was about to remain pure and proud of their unpolluted heritage. They saw themselves as true Thalassians even though they were minority and were more or less exiles.

They valued Alliance as the good guys against Undead Forsaken, Green Skinned Orcs who were once demonic pawns and Blood Elves who were about to walk the same path as Orcs once have.

But over time when Sunwell was restored, Quel'thalas began shining again, and no sign of further corruption of the Blood Elves was ever seen. Which means maybe Sin'dorei were not such fools after all.

And then comes Alleria. The High Elves all remaining Quel'dorei were looking up for. Her statue was their proof that they still belonged in the Alliance. And when she did return what principles and values of the High Elves did she represent?

Well, she embraced Void energies that changed her drasticly. Please note that Void is what Legion tried to destroy meaning that Fel is a small beer when compared to it.

Alleria change was far more drastic that any Blood Elf ever has undergone. Well except those few Felblood Elves in the Sunwell. But they are gone now. And on top of that this Windrunner exemplar of true Thalassian way emerged with other Elves, likewise corrupted like she was.

So. If I were die hard High Elf proud of my lineage, of my birthright, of my purity and true way of a Thalassian way, I bet your a$$es that I would re-evaluate the hell my ways when given a comparison to how low has Alleria fallen and how much have Sin'dorei risen over the time.

If I was a proud Elf living underthe heel of my Human masters, longing for a homeland of my own clinging to as much tradition as I can and my only hope in one last Quel'dorei heroine whos statue I have been revering over the years was so terribly shattered upon seeing her corrupted form, I certainly would change my mind about Blood Elven kin.

Especially if I would hear that most of Alleria's goons come from group of Sin'dorei exiles who were banished for dealing with such terrible magic. And my final nail to the coffin called "Trust in the Alliance" would be news that Alleria and her followers are sharing their corruptive gift to the High Elves aswell.

On top of that they were allowed to the Alliance without any objection. So if I were to oppose potential corruption, I would seek allies among those who expelled such terrible way of deforming my people.

So yeah. I would run back to Quel'thalas and beg on my knees the Regent Lord for forgivness and my doubt in Sin'dorei vision. For I would be f*cking hypocrite of I was ok with Ren'dorei while all my recent life I was accusing Blood Elves for being slaves to demonic magic.

That reason alone should be more than enough for Quel'dorei to return to their home. Leave Human loving Windrunner sisters and their half-blood wretched spawns and their void corruption behind.

This could also be a perfect opportunity for them to get Golden Eyes instead of Blood Elves. They have never had any contact with the Fel and so having their eyes turn gold should have happened years ago after Sunwell was restored.
I want that paladin and DK to start arguing again, it's beyond amusing to read through.