Class design getting worse

General
So we all agree that wod to legion transition was a general let-down as we lost 50% of our abilities.

I remember flying with my shamy and reading abilities and what they do and after i figured out that i have to use AOE spell as a filler as there is nothing else to press made me feel perplexed. Than i rationalized that maybe we get a lot of stuff with artifact weapons so maybe is not so bad.

Than legion came... What they did? Expanded the artifact weapon mid expansion instead of fixing the classes...

So now we get even more pruning and they will try to fix us mid expansion with some "smart" azerite traits?!?

I would love that "the higher up" people stopped trying to make wow an esport where everyone is on even grounds and the only thing that matters is /played for your artifact/azerite weapon. I liked MoP where skill meant you could outdps better geared people...

Also Stop with ilvl scaling while we are at it as this is just a middle finger to wanting to progress in this game as literaly you will spend the same time killing a mob no matter your gear.
Class design has been atrocious since WoD prepatch hit.
05/04/2018 07:31Posted by Aldrachi
So now we get even more pruning and they will try to fix us mid expansion with some "smart" azerite traits?!?

The traits arent even fun.
So far they've all been passive crap.

Class design is going to be the downfall of BfA.
Yes you are right, i liked to play with vengeance DH but i see that it is pruning too much with BFA. You have 5 skill to use in rotation, 2 of them replacing with other 2 so you have just 3 skills to hit and these r skills u need pain or souls to hit.

It is same for me i don't like wow gameplay too.
"smart" azerite traits?!?
They're supposed to make up for artifact traits+raid tier+legendaries+add new stuff. Yet they're only boring passive buffs. I mean it was bad post MoP, but it just keeps on getting worse.
So we all agree that wod to legion transition was a general let-down as we lost 50% of our abilities

Nope we don't. I don't play every spec ofcourse but all specs I do play became much better at best and just different at worst. Haven't seen a spec I really disliked the changes for. Although I am not one of those persons who counts his abilitys before playing in order to determine how much fun he is allowed to have as many people these days seem to do.
05/04/2018 08:38Posted by Krebsbein
So we all agree that wod to legion transition was a general let-down as we lost 50% of our abilities

Nope we don't. I don't play every spec ofcourse but all specs I do play became much better at best and just different at worst. Haven't seen a spec I really disliked the changes for. Although I am not one of those persons who counts his abilitys before playing in order to determine how much fun he is allowed to have as many people these days seem to do.

Yeah I'm having a lot more fun in my spec than I did in WoD
So we all agree that wod to legion transition was a general let-down as we lost 50% of our abilities.

05/04/2018 07:57Posted by Ixenn

The traits arent even fun.
So far they've all been passive crap.

Haven't you notice most of the classes play now as a hack&slash action rpg? And how fast they kill mobs vs years ago?

It looks to me Blizzard is working on getting the game ready for the console
Enhancement is 100x better than WoD. Best I can remember it for a long time, maybe ever. Rotation is smooth with a ton of min/maxing that can go on.
The stupidest change in BfA is making artifact abilities talents instead of keeping them as baseline abilities and introducing new talents ( i mean, now in the alpha the highest level where we get talents is still 100 which is laughable at lvl 120, and it doesn't look like it will change since they think the sh*tty azerite passives are as exciting as talents).

I don't know who thought that changing main baseline spells to talents 1 expansion after they were introduced is a good idea, but what i completely can't understand is why everyone else there think that this is a good idea. They should add more baseline abilities because most of the classes already have no depth at all (at this point there is no skill difference between people, only gear difference. give people fully geared characters, class doesn't matter, and they will be able to do their rotation perfectly in a few hours), not taking away even more.

As a ret paladin main, making us choose between wake of ashes and crusade... like.. why? These are the two things that made retribution paladin still somewhat tolerable together in Legion, yet we can't have both of them in BfA... Well, if they keep it like this then it's time for me to reroll, which is pretty sad because i mained ret paladins since BC.
No, we don't. Speak for yourself please.

I would love that "the higher up" people stopped trying to make wow an esport where everyone is on even grounds
Ahem. If you even read the changes, you wouldn't have said it. Basically, they are making classes much more UNEVEN, taking redundant utility when several classes have the same stuff (for example mage blink or AOE stun). If anything, they are unbalancing PVP even more, so pursuing esports aspirations - is the last argument that you could make.

But you made it. Good job!
I miss complexity and some difference between classes. Everything feels the same these days, with different colour spells. Every healer has a fast cheap, short expensive heal, a massive raid-wide cd, a smaller personal buff cd, an aoe heal and them that 1 gimmick spell/combo that differs a bit. I suppose the standout is disc priest.
I have to agree with most points raised. For example affli lock in legion is The most boring spec I have ever played in MMO.
Extremely dull and its not only spec with problems by mile! Give players active abilities to use! Specs were IMHO very well designed in cata- active gameplay with class diversity.

Why do people start with unbased claims of "we all agree" or "many say that"? For starters, you're a demon hunter, you gained 100% of your abilities.

Also Stop with ilvl scaling while we are at it as this is just a middle finger to wanting to progress in this game as literaly you will spend the same time killing a mob no matter your gear.

This is simply not true, the mobs scale a bit, but nowhere near the scaling of player power.

If you are trying to point out a legitimate issue - which you might - then start by omitting blatant falsehoods and unnecessary generalizations and exaggerations. I'm not saying I totally disagree, we have lost lots of spells, some of which were fun/interesting, just check what the hell you wrote before submitting it.
05/04/2018 08:53Posted by Hierithom
Enhancement is 100x better than WoD. Best I can remember it for a long time, maybe ever. Rotation is smooth with a ton of min/maxing that can go on.

Can't agree with that, for me Legion enhancement is easily the least fun version yet.
05/04/2018 10:15Posted by Gluin
I miss complexity and some difference between classes. Everything feels the same these days, with different colour spells. Every healer has a fast cheap, short expensive heal, a massive raid-wide cd, a smaller personal buff cd, an aoe heal and them that 1 gimmick spell/combo that differs a bit. I suppose the standout is disc priest.

And the funny thing is that with all this homogenisation they still cant balance the game.
05/04/2018 12:13Posted by Razorjaw
05/04/2018 10:15Posted by Gluin

And the funny thing is that with all this homogenisation they still cant balance the game.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#aggregate=amount

I wouldn't say that. To be honest the classes are pretty close to each other in this expansion. I would say 200k difference between the best and the worst class isn't that big at the end of the expansion. There are fights where certain classes better than others of course, but thats because of their toolkit, which is fine, there is no need for every class/spec to be perfect at everything. During this expansion everytime when people thought their class/spec is completely useless was because of the stupid world first race. "its so bad not even method using it" etc.

Sure it's not perfect but we can't deny that it didn't improved compared to this : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8#aggregate=amount

Right now the design is a much bigger issue than the balance.