Decided yet?

Classic Discussion
I am gona play prot warrior and i'l probably die a lot
*hurr durr warrior is so hard to level im basically ironman*

God this mentality is really awful, warrior is not particularly harder than any other class to level(it's just that the people who tend to play warrior tend to be people who want it to look hard)
Did i say it was hard? I mostly meen that im bad att the game
17/04/2018 12:25Posted by Zauru

God this mentality is really awful, warrior is not particularly harder than any other class to level(it's just that the people who tend to play warrior tend to be people who want it to look hard)

Actually starting out, Warrior and Rogue are probably the classes that are most difficult to level with, especially warrior. But it balances out, when they reach higher levels they are the master class of doom and destruction. :D

Infact most classes have some sort of balance.

Hunters are real easy to level but they have to deal with arrows and feeding the pet.

Warlocks get free mount but have to deal with soulstones and summons.

Paladins also get free mount but likewise have to deal with rebuffing every 5 and 10 mins for the rest of vanilla.

etc
17/04/2018 13:02Posted by Astralogion

Actually starting out, Warrior and Rogue are probably the classes that are most difficult to level with, especially warrior. But it balances out, when they reach higher levels they are the master class of doom and destruction. :D

Infact most classes have some sort of balance.

Hunters are real easy to level but they have to deal with arrows and feeding the pet.

Warlocks get free mount but have to deal with soulstones and summons.

Paladins also get free mount but likewise have to deal with rebuffing every 5 and 10 mins for the rest of vanilla.

etc

Rogue is not hard at all. I thought it was at first but then I specced into sub -
ambush. The easiest thing ever. It is viable for early levels. Later on respec into combat and you are fine.

About warrior. I had no problems exping him at all. Level 7 - 15 seems to be critical point. After that you are fine.
I've only heard that warrior is extremely gear dependant and so you will have to farm dungeons for gear if you want to make leveling easier.
Paladin mining blacksmith Warlock tailoring enchanting Rouge Skinning Leatherworking Druid herbalism alchemy Hunter mining enginering Mage (bankalt enchanting Portals ).

Nice bait! Really thought that you meant that when i read it first. Ofcourse warriors are harder to level than all other classes, especially hunters and warlocks.
Leveling is not "hard" but warriors are notoriously the hardest to lvl in classic.
I think im going for mage or a warlock. Propably mage for portals, cookies, AI buff and a playstyle with kiting and controll as ranged :)

I used to have a rogue on the old days, but what annoyed me the most with being melee in raids was that the only thing you could see was big legs of *insert MC boss/trash name* on your screen :D

But tbh, many classes in vanilla have theyr upsides that appeal a lot to me, for example warlocks soulburn (execute). They all had something unique and good :)

Edit: not sure if im going to pick enchanting/tailoring or herbalism/alchemy as professions, any tips to make the choise easier? :)
I am taking the easy path this time around. I'll be a night elf hunter.
i really would like to try hybrid dps... but sigh.... dps spots are so competed that i think i won't stand a chance, because i don't plan to play Super hardcore, so i might roll druid with 24 / 0 / 27 healer build for that better farming cabability and lower manacost <3, i miss only swiftmend and 4% healingdone from pure healing build, so i think this is very good solid build.

my option B. is enha shaman with nightfall axe and totembot with 33% crit build, i get that flurry on 100% of the time and get really good uptime for nightfall.
17/04/2018 12:01Posted by Ironjawbob
I am gona play prot warrior and i'l probably die a lot

You will be ok, this is not 2004

I was considering:
Reliving the experience of playing a warrior
Reliving the experience of playing a rogue

The thing is, i was always split 50/50 in D2 between barb and pala and in wow between warrior and pala and always wondered what would have happened if i had chosen paladin over a warrior back in the day i bought vanilla.

If i find the time to play wow again, i can choose only 1 character so it is going to be very hard call.
I'm trying to decide on either hunter or warrior, i enjoyed both and liked the difficulty of leveling as a warrior and getting the axe from the class quest at 35 but being slowed by range all the time tiled me at times. With hunter i enjoyed leveling because it was my first class to level and having pet talents,arrows and all that is so nostalgic to me.

One of my earliest memory's of wow was not leveling but exploring into barrens as a night elf hunter and seeing a horde gate for the first time with 2 horde guards in the way and just using my pet as a meat shield to get past. i found that so fun dunno why :P
Nope, not decided yet tbh.

Just when I make my mind, I imagine myself running a different combo of class/spec/professions and then I have to restart the decission process one more time.
You won't die alot if you get to find a friend who plays a class with healing (priest/pala/sham/druid).
20/04/2018 08:43Posted by Арканист
You won't die alot if you get to find a friend who plays a class with healing (priest/pala/sham/druid).
Ye my friend will be a druid but i cant play all the time whit him
Warrior (prot at 60) or priest for me probably. Shaman is a possibility, but I hate how chain heal looked like a holy spell, so probably not.

The reason for those classes is I didn’t play them at 60 back then. I did play a Warrior, but never as Prot. I was always Arms for that thar PvP.
I'll play shaman and I'll oom a lot.
Elemental mage :p
Back in the day my first ever character was a human warlock on Eonar. I'm tempted to go the same way again even though my main now is an Orc warlock and I've played the class to death at this point. I remember saving up for the Dreadsteed epic mount for so long and being so happy when I got it and the cool quest chain that went with it. I really miss class quests like that.