Will wpvp be the same?

Classic Discussion
27/03/2018 11:31Posted by Pitler
Wpvp is not something serious pvpers ever do.

Actually you're wrong. On K2, Horde had every high level neutral hub on complete lockdown - Thorium Point, Marshal's Refuge, Everlook, Cenarion Hold and I'm probably missing a couple. They'd do this because the queue times on Horde are much higher for BGs (as 90% of PvPers rolled Horde for the superior racials). They'd camp Ally over and over again then /w them on an alt on a separate account "Queue WSG".

This happened to me and many others and made levels 48-60 an absolute nightmare. So don't say serious PvPers never do it, they love it lol.
30/04/2018 00:11Posted by Erkk
27/03/2018 11:31Posted by Pitler
Wpvp is not something serious pvpers ever do.

Actually you're wrong. On K2, Horde had every high level neutral hub on complete lockdown - Thorium Point, Marshal's Refuge, Everlook, Cenarion Hold and I'm probably missing a couple. They'd do this because the queue times on Horde are much higher for BGs (as 90% of PvPers rolled Horde for the superior racials). They'd camp Ally over and over again then /w them on an alt on a separate account "Queue WSG".

This happened to me and many others and made levels 48-60 an absolute nightmare. So don't say serious PvPers never do it, they love it lol.

So Alliance didnt wanna PVP and horde did?
To be fair, I won't miss wPvP. Huge battles in open world almost died with BGs anyway. wPvP while leveling was cancer (ganks-ganks-ganks, never a fair fight) especially vs Hunter/Rogue, those classes were busted at low levels. Nah, would rather play on a PvE server.
The faction that doesn't have instant queues will have plenty of gankers. If you're ranking and your queue takes 20 mins to pop, you're going to want to gank people around level 50-55 while waiting.
I think large scale world PVP is going to be highly unlikely because of the time it takes to level a character. Back in the day when people didn't understand the meta-game world PVP flourished because people were playing together to have the largest amount of fun in what felt like a sandbox at the time.

Now that we understand however that a dishonorable kill will forever decrease the amount of honor you gain I think most people will be even hesitant to accept a group invite knowing that if the person they team up with decides to be a troll they can take away your chance of ever getting to Warlord/Grand Marshal rank simply by killing a questgiver in your proximity. And what is the potential benefit? A few honorable kills that automatically get shared with everyone on your side that participates increasing the honor pool without getting an advantage.

Well, I think Blizzard can be quite happy at least that their World PVP objectives are also gonna see a huge resurgence in popularity. After all, what can it hurt to collect some Silithid dust knowing that it won't cause dishonor?
01/05/2018 20:12Posted by Metalj
Now that we understand however that a dishonorable kill will forever decrease the amount of honor you gain I think most people will be even hesitant to accept a group invite knowing that if the person they team up with decides to be a troll they can take away your chance of ever getting to Warlord/Grand Marshal rank simply by killing a questgiver in your proximity. And what is the potential benefit? A few honorable kills that automatically get shared with everyone on your side that participates increasing the honor pool without getting an advantage.

DHKs only affect you if you're grinding for high ranks.

Also, I don't know if you understand how Warlord/Grand Marshal works, but don't worry about it because you're not going to get there. It takes serious commitment to even make it to R10 solo, but there is no way you're going to make it higher without running premades.

Also please do not think that everyone only does things for the sake of rewards. WPvP raids are fun and people will do them for fun without expecting rewards, especially if they are city raids where you get no DHKs.
27/04/2018 23:09Posted by Агграэль
27/04/2018 22:52Posted by Felsome
Gankers are bad at PvP.
Fact.

Who cares about being good when you can just unleash terror on STVietnam?
Yeah.... maybe I just need to embrace the ganking culture. I just struggle with it :(
02/05/2018 20:20Posted by Felsome
Yeah.... maybe I just need to embrace the ganking culture. I just struggle with it :(

why not just roll into pve server ?
nost babies think it is something great and even made clickbait cancer videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM40cK5tu7w
in fact just look closely at this crappy mess
nothing is happening except warlock's rain of fire and mage's blizzard aoe spam
03/05/2018 13:51Posted by Якякяк
nost babies think it is something great and even made clickbait cancer videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM40cK5tu7w

"Pet battles ftw!"

Haters gonna hate i guess.
Would love to gank you in classic.
nost babies think it is something great and even made clickbait cancer videos like

Let me just share 2 moments from when I was raid leading my WPvP guild on Elysium.

1) Stormwind Blitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaesJrLyzq0

Everyone in that raid was level 40-50 and we managed to take the flight master area for about 30 minutes. I was rotating rank 1 RoF/Blizzard for intimidation and mana conservation and then swapping it for max rank RoF/Blizzard when they tried pushing it, all while keeping an eye on the back line which had players flying in every once in a while. We also kept the healers in the back OOC so they could ress the people in the front who were trying to either AoE nuke the stairs to create some distance/buffer area or Priests who were brave enough to try to MC individual players into our raid. Two hunters were assigned to be responsible with kiting the gryphons as soon as the the Flight Master spawned, and all melee had to switch focus to him because he was too high level to be hit by spells.

Eventually we lost because we were overrun by people who learned to turn their PvP off before running there and then turned their PvP on in the middle of us and a couple of high-level mages which we couldn't CC because they were 10 levels over us.

2) Ironforge Raid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQNrfrOySjg&feature=youtu.be&t=11m50s

We had just failed to kill Magni after killing Mekkatorque and the Stormwind flight master, we regrouped and pushed back into the Deeprun Tram where we tunneled in for another 30-40 minutes. That moment is where I asked a mage to bait out as much AoE as possible, went around it, did a mass AoE Fear and then ran into the Deeprun Tram.

I'm not saying it's pro stuff, but it sure was fun.
02/05/2018 20:46Posted by Cai
02/05/2018 20:20Posted by Felsome

why not just roll into pve server ?

A fair question. If/when I roll shaman, I probably will. I do love PvP (post-WotlK I only ever did arena for years) but the ganking might be enough for me to just go PvE with the rest of the scrubs.
Tough choice, honestly.

Rofl this guy and his "nost babies" posts in every thread.
WPVP was one of the most fun things to do in WoW so we can only hope.
04/05/2018 07:35Posted by Idanti

Rofl this guy and his "nost babies" posts in every thread.

The funny part is he linked one of the epic videos to illustrate his point LOL! What a backfire xD
pvp servers are not meant to be a fair playing ground for pvp .. just the name might be confusing

it is serverwide war, not pvp

arena in wow is the bad try, to bring balanced amazing pvp into an rpg, and that just doesnt work, for me at least, and im sure im not alone. its not fun to run around pillars for 10 mins until one healer is oom. it also isnt fun to be not part of the fotm class or having matchups u got no chance and matchups you can just roast the enemies ... arena was just garbage to me pretending to be competitive balanced pvp but just beeing a joke and repetitive skill rota spam... if im up for some competitive simple pvp i go play cs go ... if im up for some more competitive fun i play dead by daylight and if i feal like going in the strategy level i play some company of heros 2 or warhammer ..... never ever would i think aboout playing wow if im in a competitive mood xDD

@op .. iv you wanna play a serious competitive pvp game, where players are taken serious for their skill too, play something else, even the battlenet delivers for that crowd with starcraft and overwatch ...

the war in classic was awesome because it was dangerous everywhere and because it was unbalanced
if you meet a mage as warri your dead ... if you meet a warlock as a mage your dead,
if you see a druid as a shaman thats your freekill, if you meet the mages freekill angry warri as a shaman, your dead .....
everyone had his feared enemy and his freeloot victim, but also nice challanging enemies too.

if that is nothing for you .. stay in retail and play what wow has become over the years and have fun, just keep having fun, but dont tell others whats fun to them ... retail wow will continue to deliver and you can just enjoy
but one tip .. just always stay in the battle net .. because any other gaming community will just laugh hard about you if they find out you play wow .. and laught even more if you claim beeing a competitive badass in the wow arena xDDD
The only part i liked about wpvp was raiding the Alliance citys to get the mount ^^. Having said that, i did play on a pve server and i'll do that again ^^.
25/04/2018 05:10Posted by Nymis
Stop having this "us vs them" mindset against people who enjoy different aspects of PvP (or the game entirely)

23/04/2018 19:22Posted by Nymis
If you enjoy bashing your skull against the keyboard farming BGs day and night with your premade, then have a go at it.

You were the one starting with the disparaging remarks about people playing battlegrounds, so you attempting to take the moral high ground here is hilarious.

In addition, it's doubly hilarious that you make that remark about "premades" and then brag about running a guild dedicated to making premade world "pvp".

You're so far up your own behind it's comical.
Just want to link an interesting video about good places to wpvp in vanilla for anyone who's interested.
Also good for people who want to be on the lookout about what places to avoid.

https://youtu.be/u0IGK1yPapM