"Special" guild member

General
I'm a member of a very nice guild and over time I've made quite a few of my friends to join as well.

In this guild we have an older person (50++?) that has a "special" personality. Anyways, this person has a strong interest in members of the opposite sex. A couple of my friends that joined that are teenagers still are being romanced in a very intense way. This person, let's call it "Bob", will /w them every chance it gets. Bob is also very affectionate and sends walls of texts about it's personal life to these people.

Also I got this treatment when I first joined, until Bob found out I'm of the same sex and therefore getting the passive aggressive treatment instead. With constant complains about how hard/loud/competitive/dominant etc etc I am. Bob have also tried to exclude me from joining groups with (lmao) my own friends.

My friend, "Ana" is basically being stalked. For example, lol, we did a raid a few days ago and Ana was healing. Ana is shy doesn't join us on discord. Bob was acting all crazy, whispering Ana and being exhalted in voice chat "Ana is healing MEEE!!! Thank you Ana!!!!" Lol, yeah Ana is our healer and heals everyone. It's like that ever day more or less and some are getting annoyed.

This hasn't been working very well. Bob spends most of his time playing alone, so these last few days it has been getting even more intense with some rather pathetic attention seeking. For some reason it seems those I hang out with are those most effected by this and they don't appreciate it. It's as if Bob think it's a competition.

Let's say one of my friends posts something Bob is there with the wall of text in 2 sec, while if someone else makes a post Bob will be quiet most likely. (I can add to this Bob has been playing since the start of WoW and is still a very bad player. Still ofc, expects to be carried through everything because Bob is soooo "cute").

Ignoring Bob or trying to show distance doesn't help. Being friendly and trying to include Bob doesn't help. I tried to be a friend and be really nice to Bob, showing I'm not an enemy, but.. yeah... it only makes Bob even more manipulative and attention seeking.

I might add that Bob has been in the guild for a looong time.

Talked to the GM, he's making some distance it seems, but yeah also only increases the crazy stuff. Sorry for the long text ppl...

Anyone has a similar experience and knows how to solve it?
This guy has issues.

Rules are rules. Your guild has rules. If he refuses to follow them and stop stalking your friends, then he has no place in your guild.

If your GM refuses to take action and tolerates bad behavior, perhaps ít's time for you and your friends to make your own guild.

After that, you need to distance from Bob. If he continues stalking you, then this guy needs to be reported to Blizzard. Contact game masters, etc.
My 2 cents - Make it us or him with the GM, if he does nothing leave the guild en masse. Either find another guild or form your own.

Put "Bob" on ignore in game and any other communication tools you use, to be honest the guy sounds like a douche bag, and probably wont stop, so ultimately you and your friends may have to open a Ticket.
Oh no. If only there was a way to tell GM that literally nobody in the guild likes this person while also pointing out how said person is absolutely useless for the guild. If only we humans were able to achieve that level of technology and communication. What a world it would be.
Thank you for a very entertaining afterlunch reading!
Bob could just be a guy who enjoys the company of the the opposite sex? Is there evidence that he's sexually harrassing the females in your guild? If not probably just someone who was lonely and wants friends
Special people need a special Kick in the !@#, out of the guild, recommend him a RP server he can be crazy there.
Tell him to stop? I mean not everything has to be a massive drama, get whoever doesn't want the unwanted attention to tell him that he's crossing a line.

If he doesn't stop, stick him on ignore and forget he exists.
03/04/2018 12:36Posted by Dudas
recommend him a RP server he can be crazy there.

In all seriousness, I agree here. He could be one of those people to whom Goldshire can bring geniune pleasure and outlet. Plenty of people will be willing to (pretend to) listen to his life stories and care about him.
Like others said, demand action by the GM, his guild, his responsibility. If he doesn't take action make your own guild or join another one. If the stuff "bob" writes is overly sexual you can report him. If all affected people do this he will be banned or at least silenced. If he's just annoying just /ignore him and tell people to do the same. If there's zero reaction from his rants he will stop.

Just curious: why haven't you ignored (and the others) him yet?
First of all, make sure to contact your guild master regarding your issue with this player. If the guild master refuses to take action, it is time for you and your friends to reconsider your choice of guild.

Secondly, if this person keeps stalking other players, or gives unwanted sexual attention to anyone after being notified that their behaviour is actually unwanted, you might want to report this player to a game master. Sexual harassment has no place in the real world, nor does it in World of Warcraft, and it is actually a breach of the terms.

Good luck!
Ok, I've read your answers...

First of all the GM was away for some years and "Bob" took care of the guild during that time. Then GM came back, guild became alive again and me and later my friends joined. So I would say that makes Bob not just anyone.

Also, it's not really sexual whispers, it's more subtle but still private and intense(!) enough to make those targeted uncomfortable.

Last thing, Bob is a woman and we really only have 3 active women in the guild.
The third one is being completely ignored by "Bob" ofc. I don't wanna make it seem like a cat fight so that's why I have kept quiet. Also, I think the fact that she's a woman also make some people see her as the "fragile slightly eccentric guild mom". My friends only talk to me about this.

Also, it's such a nice guild except for this so leaving it would be too sad.

So it's not like an open fight or anything, but it's becoming difficult I think.
Anyway, I'll try talk to her in a nice way, but honestly I think it's just gonna make things worse. Also our GM is on a break again so...
Just wondering what you mean by "special" personality? Have you tried talking to her about the issue? If she continues after you have pointed it out that she makes people feel uncomfortable,put her on ignore or leave the guild and report her for harassment

& actually you say apparently Bob was stalking you until she found out you were the same sex but she is stalking your friend Ana? is Ana female or male and why are they not able to deal with Bob themselves? Is this something more of an issue with you rather than Bob?
For me this raises a few red flags, could be this guy is pretty harmless and has no real ill intentions, but a 50 plus something shouldn't be behaving that way towards minors in a game that is age 12 and up...
The person getting the attention needs to report him to Blizzard every time it happens, only then will he stop if his account is being threatened.

He sounds like a grooming predator to me.
@ Shikishi, yes it's an older woman showing very intense interest in younger guys.
A couple of them still teens. I just switched the genders in my post.

Like I said, she has a long history in the guild while me and friends are rather new. Which makes it difficult. She's being intense and flirtatious (in a crazy way) towards most males but in particular targeting my friends as it is now. Constantly whispering them and acting as if they are very intimate and close even though she doesn't get any response back.

At the same time she's showing her strong dislike towards me, by being passive aggressive or insinuating things. Also sometimes trying to shut me out (and failing), but still...

This haven't been working. Some people are starting to take distance from her. This has resulted in some very desperate attention seeking moves from her side.
Like, sometimes she's been made fun of, but she doesn't even understand it. She doesn't understand irony or sarcasm at all.

With "special" personality I meant that she's very dramatic and attention seeking. She talks baby language sometimes even... it's like a little girl in an old woman's body. That also makes it difficult to talk to her, because how do you say something in a way that she understands without creating a major theater session with her...

Maybe this made things more clear. Anyway, it's just stressing me out a lot and needed to get it off my chest.
Again: why don't you and your friends + the people that are being constantly whispered by her put her on ignore? If you ignore someone he/she won't even see you or your alts come online. If all the ppl that dislike her do this, the problem would be solved, no? Tbh that's what the ignore function is for, partly.
And this is why it's best to be in a guild all by yourself and just solo queue stuff.
03/04/2018 14:40Posted by Batmaan
@ Shikishi, yes it's an older woman showing very intense interest in younger guys.
A couple of them still teens. I just switched the genders in my post.

Like I said, she has a long history in the guild while me and friends are rather new. Which makes it difficult. She's being intense and flirtatious (in a crazy way) towards most males but in particular targeting my friends as it is now. Constantly whispering them and acting as if they are very intimate and close even though she doesn't get any response back.

At the same time she's showing her strong dislike towards me, by being passive aggressive or insinuating things. Also sometimes trying to shut me out (and failing), but still...

This haven't been working. Some people are starting to take distance from her. This has resulted in some very desperate attention seeking moves from her side.
Like, sometimes she's been made fun of, but she doesn't even understand it. She doesn't understand irony or sarcasm at all.

With "special" personality I meant that she's very dramatic and attention seeking. She talks baby language sometimes even... it's like a little girl in an old woman's body. That also makes it difficult to talk to her, because how do you say something in a way that she understands without creating a major theater session with her...

Maybe this made things more clear. Anyway, it's just stressing me out a lot and needed to get it off my chest.

So he is actually a she and you lot are taking the piss out of her and she doesnt like it ok.
Also if for one moment she is being sexual in anyway and people dont like it for crying out loud report it dont bring it to the forums and air your guilds dirty laundry in public.
Blizzard has records off ALL chats.
Ignore her
Report her
Leave guild
This is a none issue.
And next time if you are going to spread drama actually tell the details at start instead of making she a he .