BFA Transmog Restrictions.

General
Do Blizz even make their own games any more or is it done by an AI?

Holy Paladins cannot transmog into Silver Hand apparently because there is no 2h intellect weapons??

Do Blizzard even think about what they make? IT makes me so angry that a game could be SO good and yet its dragged down into the dirt by crappy devs who have been around long enough to become the villain.

REMOVE ALL UNNECESSARY TRANSMOG RESTRICTIONS AND MAKE ALL WEAPONS STRENGTH/AGILITY OR INTELLECT DEPENDING ON SPEC.

Transmog should be limited to armor type and weapon class only.

I.e Mail tmog for mail only. Any 2h weapon tmog for any other 2h weapon (including staves/polearms etc). Any 1h weapon tmog for any other 1h (including fists, daggers, maces, glaives - all 1h weapons). Shields and off-hand items like tomes and such must be free to tmog too.

I find it stupid that people can transmog into christmas outfits in the middle of summer with lumberjack costumes, sparkly glasses and christmas tree daggers but i still cant transmog a tome into a shield on a paladin?

For !@#$ sake, why? What is the point? It just makes me so angry that this crap keeps happening and Blizzard dont fix it for whatever totally dumb reason they THINK is right.

BLIZZ, FIX THIS NOW. PLAYERS DESERVE TOTAL FREEDOM OVER HOW THEY LOOK, AS THE CHARACTER IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE ENTIRE GAME.
Honestly seems pretty dumb that these restrictions are still a thing.

Like, who cares if you're backstabbing with a sword? There are daggers that use sword models anyway. Using peoples' complaints about mogging daggers into swords there as an example... I honestly don't see why it should matter.

Are they not even taking away spec requirements from the weapon appearances then?

As a sort-of relevant point, I'd really like it if we could mog two-handed weapons into one-handed as fury warriors too. I used to enjoy one-handed fury :( at least then we could get the look of it.
09/04/2018 00:24Posted by Bish
Using peoples' complaints about mogging daggers into swords there as an example... I honestly don't see why it should matter.

There are also some huge 1H swords.
09/04/2018 00:26Posted by Dottie
Using peoples' complaints about mogging daggers into swords there as an example... I honestly don't see why it should matter.

There are also some huge 1H swords.

I know there is. So what? Some daggers look ridiculously massive too. Especially on female blood elves now :P
The whole rationale behind their decision is totally flawed. Like they wont allow swords to daggers or whatever but you can still wear the most ridiculous outfits, and look completely outside the fantasy/lore of WoW and that is somehow acceptable?
The game over all has way to many restrictions. If it's not transmog then it's toys. Why can't they just let us have some fun? It is a game after all.
Blizz does this to feel dominant so they can get that "I am in controll hurrdurr i know what's best for you" feeling.

But at the end of the day: They don't like fun.
Some restrictions should apply, I think. Otherwise this game will become completely homogenized. There would be no distinction and your choices would become meaningless.

That said, I think they should look at artifacts and not make them spec specific, considering many people will be changing weapon types on the next expansion.
09/04/2018 08:38Posted by Korrina
Some restrictions should apply, I think. Otherwise this game will become completely homogenized. There would be no distinction and your choices would become meaningless.

That said, I think they should look at artifacts and not make them spec specific, considering many people will be changing weapon types on the next expansion.

Please explain how FEWER choices leads to MORE diversity in what people do.

If you have 10 transmog options for a slot on a given class, how do you reckon you are going to see more different things than if you have 20 transmog options (which obviously include the original 10) for that same slot on that same class?

more restriction = less homogenization? what are you smoking?
I don't mind more restrictions
09/04/2018 17:55Posted by Virjin
I don't mind more restrictions

There is no problem with restrictions with some thinking behind them. But holy paladins not being able to use their artifact weapon skin in BfA is completely stupid. They pretty much did every skin related stuff, grinding the obnoxious balance of power quest, doing the mage tower challenge, some pve player did pvp stuff just to get that skin, for nothing.

Same with fire mages if their bis will be a staff, demonology warlock, shadow priest, etc.
Do Blizz even make their own games any more [...]
The answer is no and that's basicly the answer to your question.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support your request and the freedom of transmogrifying in general. Same goes for ideas like an option that allows sheath on the back weapons. But the truth is they don't give a damn, they weasel out of problems instead of solving them and when Blizzard runs out of arguments then they come up with the famous "we think it doesn't fit the class fantasy" bs.
09/04/2018 13:30Posted by Zeragon

If you don't understand let me explain. As an example, lets put a priest and a mage side by side. Priests can use maces and off-hand and mages can use swords and off-hands. If I'm not mistaken, priest is the only caster class that can use maces. Lift transmog restrictions and that distinction disappears. The less restrictions there are the more characters will look the same.
09/04/2018 02:10Posted by Kooki
The game over all has way to many restrictions. If it's not transmog then it's toys. Why can't they just let us have some fun? It is a game after all.

Blizz hates fun, or atleast it seems so at times. I get for toys not wanting all of them be able to be up 100% of time. But some are way to unreasonable, liek coin of many facecs 1hour buff, 24hour cd.

Also i want weapon restrictions gone like we had in legion. for example as ww you can equip polearms, staves etc, but unless you have 1hand melee weapon you cant use fists of fury.
Or frost dk cant use oblitirate/froststrike unless got 1handed melee weapon, even though they can equip and use allot of different weapons. (i just wanna be able to mog my argus scythe and use it in combat on my monk , like id be able to do before legion!)
I want those gone aswell. And artifacts to be class specefic not spec specefic mogs.
I wanna be able to use all the skins i unlocked. Not none cause i got different weapon, like holy pallies having 2hand now and will be back to shield/offhand +1hand in bfa.
[...]Lift transmog restrictions and that distinction disappears. The less restrictions there are the more characters will look the same.
Well, assuming there weren't 426354253647 more or less different design choices to pick from and outfit combos to make.
Imo the characters looking the most similar so far are either bikini belf women of all classes or female priests in moon cloth robes and nothing else. The distinctions i've seen on my server at least are rarely defined by the limitations Blizz implemented, and the same-ness usually happens due to certain class fantasy stereotypes. There's enough "mage-y" equipment for priests to tmog, but i rarely ever see those. Likewise there's a bunch of "priestly" tmogs for all cloth-wearing classes to use, yet they're barely ever used by anyone but priests.

See what you mean tho and partially agree. If done halfway decently such broad (i.e. weapon/armor type) limitations make classes more recognizable while still offering sufficient character customization choices. Needless to say, allowing for players to put much time and effort into unlocking the skins of one specific weapon (type) they use over the course of an entire expansion, announcing certain skins to become unavailable in the near future and then deciding some specs' skins are pretty much unusable in the next expansion anyways is....not halfway decent. It's just random and unnecessarily aggravating. (Also, please let my Enhancer use fist weapon tmogs. Sad.)
09/04/2018 00:07Posted by Zeragon
REMOVE ALL UNNECESSARY TRANSMOG RESTRICTIONS AND MAKE ALL WEAPONS STRENGTH/AGILITY OR INTELLECT DEPENDING ON SPEC.

This would probably the best solution, not only for transmog but also for trading weapons/getting a weapon. This was the advantage of relics: at least for one expansion I didn't have to wear strength weapons with my enhancer shaman because agi weapons only dropped after like 5-6 IDs.

Like, who cares if you're backstabbing with a sword?

This is silly. You can't stab someone with a sword as good as with this dagger:
http://bfa.wowhead.com/item=98270/immaculate-pandaren-spellblade#modelviewer
09/04/2018 21:18Posted by Annemarie
Needless to say, allowing for players to put much time and effort into unlocking the skins of one specific weapon (type) they use over the course of an entire expansion, announcing certain skins to become unavailable in the near future and then deciding some specs' skins are pretty much unusable in the next expansion anyways is....not halfway decent. It's just random and unnecessarily aggravating. (Also, please let my Enhancer use fist weapon tmogs. Sad.)
I agree. I'm so sad that the most perfect bows for blood elves are for MM only. Specially because guns and bows can already share looks. There's really no good reason for artifacts to be spec locked.

On an interview some devs said they didn't want people healing with Ashbringer. But what's the difference between people healing with Ashbringer or any other 2h sword, which players can currently do? Not to mention the problem for holy paladins is that they don't use 2h weapons normally, so their Ashbringer comment doesn't even make sense.
become completely homogenized.

So 100,000 + boomers all running about with the same staff and look already isnt :P
09/04/2018 20:51Posted by Korrina
09/04/2018 13:30Posted by Zeragon

If you don't understand let me explain. As an example, lets put a priest and a mage side by side. Priests can use maces and off-hand and mages can use swords and off-hands. If I'm not mistaken, priest is the only caster class that can use maces. Lift transmog restrictions and that distinction disappears. The less restrictions there are the more characters will look the same.

Shaman, pala,priest and druid used to use 1 handed maces and offhands for resto/ele/boomer/holy pala/holy priest/disc/shadow specs before legion remeber the legendary mace ulduar maybe mistwalker aswell but i cant check atm.