Appear offline option

General
I'm wondering on how it works. Well of course it should make you appear offline in battlenet, but does that also make me appear offline in-game? Will guild members still see me being ''online'' when i use the appear offline option? I also assume that friends in-game won't see me online at all if this is on. Hope my question is not too complicated since i tend to make them sound a bit complicated.

Thanks in advance
Guildmembers will see you online, but bnet friends will not. So if a bnet friend is in the same guild, yes they will see you online. People can also spot your character in-game of course.
One little thing also, if you're appear offline but want to send battlenet-whispers to close friends you don't mind knowing you're online, they can't respond to you. They can only respond in normal /w character whisper. This also means that a person playing a different Blizzard game can't respond to your whispers if you have Offline mode on.
And finally I'm not completely sure but people who've added you to their character's friendlist in game like old school mode, will probably see you online, since Appear Offline is a battlenet feature, and adding someone to your in-game character's friend list doesn't require a permission from both parties.
02/04/2018 13:06Posted by Cozy
Guildmembers will see you online, but bnet friends will not. So if a bnet friend is in the same guild, yes they will see you online. People can also spot your character in-game of course.
One little thing also, if you're appear offline but want to send battlenet-whispers to close friends you don't mind knowing you're online, they can't respond to you. They can only respond in normal /w character whisper. This also means that a person playing a different Blizzard game can't respond to your whispers if you have Offline mode on.
And finally I'm not completely sure but people who've added you to their character's friendlist in game like old school mode, will probably see you online, since Appear Offline is a battlenet feature, and adding someone to your in-game character's friend list doesn't require a permission from both parties.