do you need a 110 horde to get highmountain tauren?

General
i'm wondering if you can do the scenario missions on an alliance toon
I might be wrong, has happened once or twice, but I think you need a Horde character to do Horde quests, even in this case. Have you used your boost?
04/04/2018 13:03Posted by Krylina
I might be wrong, has happened once or twice, but I think you need a Horde character to do Horde quests, even in this case. Have you used your boost?
havent used my boost, but i think the quests starting point is in orgrimmar so i might have to level a horde character to 110 first
The requirements are account wide but you need to do the scario as a member of the faction they are joining.
So you need to have a max level horde character to get the highmountain tauren.
Easiest way is to level a demon hunter if you can.
Unless you are planning on using your boost on something else, it's handy to get that level 110 Horde character quickly.
I can confirm that boosting a horde character to 110 works for doing the allied races questline (with the reputation and story achi done), though the gear given sucks and they can be tough.
04/04/2018 13:08Posted by Moritz
The requirements are account wide but you need to do the scario as a member of the faction they are joining.
holy !@#$ thanks for suggesting a demon hunter, i was literally about to level a druid from 35 to 110 when you made me realise i can just get a DH.... lifesaver
You need a Horde toon to obtain a Horde allied race. Also, that toon needs the rep requirements.
04/04/2018 13:21Posted by Rocketrich
04/04/2018 13:08Posted by Moritz
holy !@#$ thanks for suggesting a demon hunter, i was literally about to level a druid from 35 to 110 when you made me realise i can just get a DH.... lifesaver
If you don't have a high level horde you will still need to level one to 70. I'd suggest a DK til 70, then a DH til 110.
04/04/2018 13:46Posted by Tyrlak
You need a Horde toon to obtain a Horde allied race. Also, that toon needs the rep requirements.

Rep requirements are account-wide for Allied Races, actually. Unlocked both Lightforged and Void Elves on an Alliance toon who hadn't set foot on Argus. :)
To meet the requirements for unlocking them you don't need to have a Horde character, however in order to play through the scenario and actually unlock them, then you do.

Simple way around that would be getting reputations and completing quest-line for requirements with your Alliance main (in case you main an Alliance character) and then later on making and quickly speed-leveling a Horde Demon Hunter just to get the unlock scenario over with on him.

That's from what I managed to understand regarding the allied race unlock systems and how it functions in whole.

Nope it just has to be max level if you've done the rep as alliance.
That question makes so much sense. Why would anyone ever think it would be possible to recruit new faction to the Horde as Alliance member.
04/04/2018 22:14Posted by Cedrad
That question makes so much sense. Why would anyone ever think it would be possible to recruit new faction to the Horde as Alliance member.

Who indeed? Maybe the Alliance character who actually got the rep with the faction? :P

If you were looking for consistency, you'd have to have the character who got the rep do the unlock questline.

(Pro tip: Don't look for consistency.)
Ew, now I have to level a filthy horde character just to take a closer look at the nightbourne. Disgusting.. thank you blizz.

false. only the horde character is a requirement. i did the same with alliance, yet i'v not done a single rep grind on the DH i specifically made to unlock both alliance races.