Blizzard Authenticator App stuck on 'Setting Up' screen

Technical Support
Blizzard Authenticator App stuck on 'Setting Up'

When I log on to the Blizzard Authenticator App, it gets stuck on the 'Setting Up' screen. I left it to wait but it has been a very long time now, and still nothing. I've checked other forums to try to fix this issue, but I have had no luck. I've tried clearing the Cache and Data, but it hasn't worked. I have a feeling that uninstalling it will also be very unsuccessful. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this?
Hey Frostbiyte,

Please do try uninstalling the Authenticator App and re-installing it afterwards, so you can attempt the setup process and link it to your account afterwards.
05/04/2018 16:04Posted by Nenyasqi
Hey Frostbiyte,

Please do try uninstalling the Authenticator App and re-installing it afterwards, so you can attempt the setup process and link it to your account afterwards.

I have tried this, but still, no progress in getting past this
Thank you for trying that Frostbiyte. There have been some other reports coming in over the last few days, and this is being looked into at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Tried uninstalling, restarting handset and reinstalling. Issue remains.
Handset: P2 Lenovo
Android version 6.0.1
Authenticator version 2.3.0-GlobalProd-2.3.0.5
Please can you fix this? Am GM of 4 guilds and I just uninstalled and reinstalled the authenticator, to no luck. Followed advice that maybe I needed to unlink my account - unlinked now, but no luck. Please fix.
Also having issues with the mobile authenticator having switched to a different phone, will not let me complete set up, lets me enter user/password and then has an "unexpected error" and suggests I try again later.

Tried re-installing several times, restarting device (samsung A3 running Android 7.0), cleared cache, made sure permissions are set for storage etc.
Any update on when this will be fixed?
Are there any ideas of what to do, other that reinstall the app? :/

Happening to me too, just switched to a new phone. Everything is updated. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. What else would you like me to try?
Still getting this error.

The set up process seems very different to how to add the app on the battle net site.
Hi all!
I'm having the same problems on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Tried creating a new log-in and reactivating an old authenticator code but get the error messages listed above.
I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the app four or five times but no luck so far.

Any help would be very welcome.
Hello!
Same error on a new phone.

Huawei mate 10 pro
Android 8.0.0
Authenticator version 2.3.0-GlobalProd-2.3.0.5
I am getting an error message as soon as I hit "Set up Authenticator" after typing the code from SMS-protect. Is this the same issue?
Also the same problem, new phone (Galaxy S9) - removed authentication from account and old phone, tried to setup on the new phone but no dice.

Have tried clearing cache/data, allowing storage access, uninstalling/reinstalling.

Any further updates?
Lost my old phone and removed the authenticator using SMS. I have installed the app on a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I'm having the exact same problem. If my account is hacked it is 100% Blizzard's fault as I have tried everything:(
Still unable to set up authenticator, can only use sms protect
Same error on Sony XZ2, Android 8.0
Same here with a brand new s9+ running android 8. Removed auth and readded. Tried uninstaling no luck.
Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 7.0.

All steps above attempted :(
Huawei Honor 8 Lite here.
Cleared cache/data in the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, and restarted the phone multiple times.
I can click "Set Up Authenticator", but it changes to "Error... An unexpected error occured. Please try again later." seconds after.

EDIT:
I removed my phys authenticator, to try to add the mobile one. And now I can't add the physical one back as it as it asks me to verify my email (it already is) and directs me to the front page of bnet.
I have the same issue, I click set up authenticator and get error please try later after a short pause.