#SethrakForTheAlliance

General
personally, not interested. There are many other cool races that I would rather see added - dryads, Vrykul, things like that.
04/04/2018 10:02Posted by Mirtle
personally, not interested. There are many other cool races that I would rather see added - dryads, Vrykul, things like that.

I'd love to see Dryads added. It'd be interesting to see how blizz will handle a non humanoid model and it will be even more interesting to see how forums will handle the addition of dryads to the Goldshire inn activities.
#yesplease

This is a huge thing on the US forums, with three threads (first two capped) showing support for sethrak as a playable race. They make a lot of good points as how they would work as a playable race. Really hope it happens!
04/04/2018 10:31Posted by Volfang
#yesplease

This is a huge thing on the US forums, with three threads (first two capped) showing support for sethrak as a playable race. They make a lot of good points as how they would work as a playable race. Really hope it happens!

They would indeed work great for a playable race. They're very unique, both in looks and culture when it comes to WoW, and it would be sad to see such a great design be a one-hit expansion wonder. It would also make sense in my opinion. The Vulpera gets help from the Horde, maybe they drive the Seth'rak out, or the Seth'rak has to find allies of their own.

Alliance could use a more sinister race as well in my opinion. We don't really have a stereotypical black sheep on the Alliance either, other than maybe the Void Elves.
No thanks, not interested in either Dethrak or Vulpera as races
Why do you people hate alliance that much?
04/04/2018 10:05Posted by Rhajat
04/04/2018 10:02Posted by Mirtle

I'd love to see Dryads added. It'd be interesting to see how blizz will handle a non humanoid model and it will be even more interesting to see how forums will handle the addition of dryads to the Goldshire inn activities.
Well, upper body armors would be the same. Boots would be the same as for Drenei - because hooves.
The only thing needed changing is basically pants, and you can have it as kind of armor or cloth over the back of dryad instead of pants.

The only real concern is mounts - obviously a dryad can't ride a horse-type mount reasonably. But in fact I would be totally OK if they had a limited selection of mounts compatible, and used something like worgen travel stance for all other cases.

p.s. And I want them to have voice like Mylune, because she's AWESOME!
04/04/2018 12:16Posted by Mirtle
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Well, upper body armors would be the same. Boots would be the same as for Drenei - because hooves.
The only thing needed changing is basically pants, and you can have it as kind of armor or cloth over the back of dryad instead of pants.

The only real concern is mounts - obviously a dryad can't ride a horse-type mount reasonably. But in fact I would be totally OK if they had a limited selection of mounts compatible, and used something like worgen travel stance for all other cases.

p.s. And I want them to have voice like Mylune, because she's AWESOME!

No offense is meant at all. But isn't the discussion of Dryads in a sethrak thread derailing and a side-tangent? It's a great idea which deserves discussion in its own thread. Just mentioning.
04/04/2018 12:51Posted by Volfang

No offense is meant at all. But isn't the discussion of Dryads in a sethrak thread derailing and a side-tangent? It's a great idea which deserves discussion in its own thread. Just mentioning.

The problem with the sethrak is that there's not much to discuss yet. Until something to suggest their possible addition is datamined it's just a lot of "blizz plz".

Although there's a thing that bugs me about the sethrak.
Aren't they technically lizards?
Yeah there are huge threads on the US and MMO Champion forums about getting playable Sethrak and honestly I don't care which faction gets them I just want them to be playable.
04/04/2018 12:54Posted by Rhajat
04/04/2018 12:51Posted by Volfang

The problem with the sethrak is that there's not much to discuss yet. Until something to suggest their possible addition is datamined it's just a lot of "blizz plz".

Although there's a thing that bugs me about the sethrak.
Aren't they technically lizards?

Snakes and Lizards are both reptiles, so they're in the same main category when it comes to animal species. However there's still a huge difference between them. So, half right, half wrong.
04/04/2018 09:07Posted by Valarìel
04/04/2018 08:16Posted by Ellieth
I would honestly be thrilled if sethrak and vulpera became playable. WoW is in serious need of non-traditional playable races.

Indeed. No joke, if Sethrak becomes a playable race, I'm race-changing all my main characters.
I love'em, and I really, really hope we get to see some datamined stuff about them like we did with the Vulpera.

So, you want a race in the Alliance that's all about destroying the world and turning it into one big sandbox?

#AlliancetheVillainsofBFAConfirmed.
Mostly likely to be neutral it seems by the questing.
04/04/2018 15:21Posted by Durlan
04/04/2018 09:07Posted by Valarìel
Indeed. No joke, if Sethrak becomes a playable race, I'm race-changing all my main characters.
I love'em, and I really, really hope we get to see some datamined stuff about them like we did with the Vulpera.

So, you want a race in the Alliance that's all about destroying the world and turning it into one big sandbox?

There is a friendly faction of Sethrak just so you know. The evil faction is the one trying to turn the world into sand and eating the vulpera.
04/04/2018 16:16Posted by Morribeth
04/04/2018 15:21Posted by Durlan

There is a friendly faction of Sethrak just so you know. The evil faction is the one trying to turn the world into sand and eating the vulpera.

Interesting.
Maybe I should spend more time on the alpha.
on the alliance side.
04/04/2018 17:37Posted by Durlan
04/04/2018 16:16Posted by Morribeth

Interesting.
Maybe I should spend more time on the alpha.
on the alliance side.

Currently the Horde meet them first. However it has been datamined that the vulpera use blight cannisters on the faithless (the evil faction) but that appears to be not currently implemented or is for 120 questing.
Allied races seem more variations of pre-existing races, and if they wanted to introduce a whole new creature; well that would be a full on new race.
If blizzard were going to make a new race they'd say during blizzcon as shown with 2006, '10 and '12.
Seems unlikely for the supporters who want them for bfa, but next expac?
"Mmmm interesting."
Ugliest race ever.
However it has been datamined that the vulpera use blight canisters on the faithless

Let's go with the excuse of the Alliance then each time they struck down forsaken.

-looked like the enemy.

And to be fair the Sethrak did hunt and kill the Vul'pera for a long time.
the faithless could had tried to make contact or something.
But they didn't so, not exactly the Vul'peras fault that they attack the wrong ones.
not being aware that there are the wrong ones.
04/04/2018 17:47Posted by Archaeuss
Allied races seem more variations of pre-existing races, and if they wanted to introduce a whole new creature; well that would be a full on new race.
If blizzard were going to make a new race they'd say during blizzcon as shown with 2006, '10 and '12.
Seems unlikely for the supporters who want them for bfa, but next expac?
"Mmmm interesting."

To be fair, "Allied race" could mean more than that. I know what you're saying, and no I'm not expecting them to be an allied race or anything, but... They'd be an "Allied race." :D Technically.