Can we get rid of the mission table please?

General
24/03/2018 20:26Posted by Murr
They won't get rid of it because it makes people log on every day, often multiple times. It's good for the activity metrics.

I only mind the mission table when it's used to time-gate actual content, but other than that, I'm fine with it. It does give people with little time the chance to make some sort of progress in the game.

I agree with this. I'm fine with the table but I don't like when a quest chain gets stopped for 1-2 days because you have to do missions.
25/03/2018 08:21Posted by Naydie
I didnt touch the boring mission crap in Legion, dont think I missed anything.

you actully had to use it early in legion, to get 3rd relic slot. without it you wouldnt have been able to get it.
I like them. Please don't get rid of them
the mission table can stay.
but the gold missions absolutely need to be removed for ever!

they are the sole reason for EVERY SINGLE whine thread about how leveling is too slow, buff heirlooms, dungeons take too long, ect, ect..
people know damn well, when you get 10 max level characters rocking the gold missions you will never have to pay real money for subscription again.

so they nag and whine on forums, discord and reddit every day! and use every possible exploit to level faster (recent example low levels AFKing in legion invasion points). not because they care to actually play the new characters, they only want that sweet free wow token gold from the mission table.
25/03/2018 11:23Posted by Pivke
they are the sole reason for EVERY SINGLE whine thread about how leveling is too slow, buff heirlooms, dungeons take too long, ect, ect..
people know damn well, when you get 10 max level characters rocking the gold missions you will never have to pay real money for subscription again.

I am a gold maker myself and I still hate the table. I hate the fact that it is the best possible way to make gold by far, and doing anything else is time wasting compared to it. Just recently tried making gold jewelcrafting and it's an absolute joke compared to this facebook game that so many people abuse to oblivion. I will sooner quit the game than make 10 alts for this joke.
25/03/2018 08:33Posted by Kegbrew
24/03/2018 20:26Posted by Murr
They won't get rid of it because it makes people log on every day, often multiple times. It's good for the activity metrics.

I only mind the mission table when it's used to time-gate actual content, but other than that, I'm fine with it. It does give people with little time the chance to make some sort of progress in the game.

I agree with this. I'm fine with the table but I don't like when a quest chain gets stopped for 1-2 days because you have to do missions.

I remember reading somewhere (probably from one of those inane Q&As) that although the mission table will feature again it's not intended to time gate this time. But I'll believe it when it happens.

I'm not a fan of the feature and I very rarely use the app. But I appreciate everyone is different and it's something that they want to keep.
24/03/2018 21:23Posted by Kooki
I just meant in terms of people enjoying different types of content.

Just tell me... how is clicking on a table 3 times enjoyable... Its like saying some people enjoy breathing.

They dont add anything beside it rewards u for clicking at the table 3 times. Its not even gameplay.
25/03/2018 09:58Posted by Cysia
25/03/2018 08:21Posted by Naydie
I didnt touch the boring mission crap in Legion, dont think I missed anything.

you actully had to use it early in legion, to get 3rd relic slot. without it you wouldnt have been able to get it.

I guess I suppressed that.
Mission tables from WoD to Legion have completely ruined the WoW economy and time-gated content, so I'm all for their removal.
24/03/2018 19:02Posted by Kooki
Some people do enjoy it though.
No, they don't, they enjoy the rewards, it's a god darned Facebook game.
25/03/2018 13:46Posted by Havulon
24/03/2018 19:02Posted by Kooki
Some people do enjoy it though.
No, they don't, they enjoy the rewards, it's a god darned Facebook game.
I enjoy the mechanics. Rewards are nice too, of course, but commanding a garrison of followers is cool. I'd like them to each have a story/questline though, and maybe unlock abilities and gear through that, as opposed to just farming tokens on a daily mission.
My question and comment to the OP is can we stop removeing things but actually improve things sick and tired of people asking for things to be removed just because they dont like it .
I dont like it myself but others do just improve how it works its that simple wish i could downvote the "remove this and remove that " threads.
24/03/2018 20:29Posted by Destruct
24/03/2018 20:09Posted by Kooki

You don't need to remove all the incentive rewards to tell that people will just quit doing it. Nobody does anything in this game if it isn't rewarding. You could say that exact same thing about raiding or dungeons, remove the rewards from those and see how much participation they get. It's the rewards that make taking part in things fun. Some people enjoy the table, some enjoy raids, others enjoy other aspects of the game but everything boils down to the rewards they give when it comes to participation.
I meant towards the people who keep saying: "But the satistics show it's fun! 80% of us enjoys it!" Hence remove the gold and gear and see participation sink hard and fast.

Can be said to those that say "Raiding is so fun!" Remove the rewards and lets see how fun they think it is.
Nope, we cannot get rid of the table. It has been confirmed for BfA. It has been confirmed, that it will be used as aritfical paly time stretch, gating lot of main quests behind long missions.

After all, the goal of the devs is to force us to waste as much time as possible without any significatn progress so why would they get rid of something, taht acheives this perfecty and with little effort?
25/03/2018 14:42Posted by Raywhisper
Nope, we cannot get rid of the table. It has been confirmed for BfA. It has been confirmed, that it will be used as aritfical paly time stretch, gating lot of main quests behind long missions.

Straight out BS. If you watched the video, it specifically says mission table won't be used to timegate. Don't misinform people by stating your opinions as facts.
25/03/2018 14:15Posted by Mirtle
I enjoy the mechanics. Rewards are nice too, of course, but commanding a garrison of followers is cool. I'd like them to each have a story/questline though, and maybe unlock abilities and gear through that, as opposed to just farming tokens on a daily mission.
Yeah right, all you do is drag some portraits around and press a button

Don't, lie, to me..
25/03/2018 15:54Posted by Havulon
25/03/2018 14:15Posted by Mirtle
Yeah right, all you do is drag some portraits around and press a button

Don't, lie, to me..

Why would he lie about it? some people actully enjoy it.
i personaly like the gold and rep tokens, but i dont mind it to mission table even if woulndt be there.
I still do my wod garrison just to try get a full belf roster.

You say its a Facebook game, but some people actully do really enjoy those. And is nothing wrong with people for liking it.
And as makya said, why not improve it rather then remove it?
25/03/2018 16:10Posted by Cysia
You say its a Facebook game, but some people actully do really enjoy those. And is nothing wrong with people for liking it.

If you enjoy facebook games, go play facebook games, there is plenty of it. We don't need that in wow, no matter people enjoy it or not. This is not Facebook. It's World of Warcraft. You are making a meme out of a once great game. Following that logic you could add anything to the game as long as people enjoy it. Bring some common sense in the equation please.
Instead of having a mission table and giving "quests", can we be real questgivers instead?

The system will work like this, there will be a new tab near mounts/heirloom/etc window, named "Be a Questgiver". Almost every camp and place in the world can be used while being questgiver, except main big cities like stormwind, dalaran or orgrimmar. For example, you can go to gromgol and become a questgiver there, or hammerfall, or goldshire, sentinel hill etc, will work for every zone in every expansion.

When you click "Be a Questgiver", you will be standing still with an exclamation mark on you and an NPC with a random name and random level(between the zones of the level, 20-60 or 60-80 or whatever the zone is.) will approach you. You wont have to hurry up while deciding what quest to give, you can take your time.

When you become a questgiver, a window will open showing you all the killable enemy NPCs, you can chose one or multiple NPCs, you can also write down any number. For example I can ask for this questtaker to kill 10000 kobolds and 6 wolves if I want to. And when he accepts the quest, a new questtaker will appear.

You can add more commands then "kill", like "capture", or "bring me the skull" etc. Maybe you can ask them to bring some items for you, or burn warmaps etc.

I dont know what difference different commands would bring to the questgiving system or what our rewards would be for being a questgiver. But hey, you guys or blizzard can think of something. Character exp or rep maybe, maybe random transmogs(items) that would usually drop in that zone! I dont know.

If an enemy attacks you while giving a quest, you quit being a questgiver immedately so you can fight back. Yes, you will be all around the world and you can be attacked! (I dont know how would that be with BFA world pvp though.)

Also, if you make a quest too hard, your questtaker might die, so give your quest just enough for them to be able to finish.

What I wrote down might suck, but you can improve on it.
25/03/2018 16:30Posted by Ravenflow
25/03/2018 16:10Posted by Cysia

If you enjoy facebook games, go play facebook games, there is plenty of it. We don't need that in wow, no matter people enjoy it or not. This is not Facebook. It's World of Warcraft. You are making a meme out of a once great game. Following that logic you could add anything to the game as long as people enjoy it. Bring some common sense in the equation please.

WoW is still a great game. It has it flaws but its still a great game still millions play it.
And its in wow and it staying for bfa, and aslong its in wow there is nothing wrong with people liking it.
And yeah they could technicly add anything aslong people enjoy it, infact they do that quite alot. adding stuff to the game people enjoy.

Is nothing wrong with people liking it. You dont like it, thats fine. Others do, you claiming it doesnt belong in wow is just as valid as anyone else claiming whatever you enjoy doesnt belong in wow.