Kungen puts it straight

Classic Discussion
That's why we want classic without any added extras (ex. guildbank, dualspec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNFWhCw8dg

Tho the video is one year old, it needs to be mentioned again when i see those "wishlists" threads.

You think you want changes, but you don't.

Don't ruin the Mona Lisa of MMOs.
Like i always say... Vanilla was a real MMORPG and all about leveling, dungeoning and crafting.

All 60 levels mattered... not just the last one.
I miss Kungen, hopefully he returns to streaming when classic releases
I also hope Kungen makes it back allthough his tough times fighting with Bipolar disease. Hes a good rolemodel and a funny freaking guy, loveable.
(Not kidding here)
He’s so right. Wrath was where it got really bad. Heirlooms, faceroll dungeons, phasing, insane catchup gear handouts and teleporting around to do content with random silent people from random other servers. Wrath started out fine, but eventually turned into the expansion that introduced practically everything that makes me not want to play it currently.
We need more people speaking out like this and combating the wave of trolls that have swept over this forum saying "change this change that". They really need to be stopped.
07/04/2018 13:31Posted by Vezran
We need more people speaking out like this and combating the wave of trolls that have swept over this forum saying "change this change that". They really need to be stopped.
I think Blizzard have a pretty good idea of where they want to go with Classic.. nothing anyone in this forum or anywhere else can do about that either way.

And besides... people should be free to voice their opinions. It's how we were able to get this to happen in the first place.

At the end of the day Blizzard isn't likely to butcher the original game for the second time, while it's beeing made.
Yeah, I think the LFD patch was when it all fell apart. The communities died that day.
flying in WoW has NEVER made any sense to me... what's so fun about flying ? just flying around in the sky, in your safezone transporting safely from point a. to point b. making everything in between irrelevant, whatever it's that mob you need to watch out or other player, or something trivial as WALL or terrain.

to me, flying was one of the biggest mistake blizzard has ever done, that's why my faivorite "expansion" has always been vanilla.
07/04/2018 22:00Posted by Cai
flying in WoW has NEVER made any sense to me... what's so fun about flying ? just flying around in the sky, in your safezone transporting safely from point a. to point b. making everything in between irrelevant, whatever it's that mob you need to watch out or other player, or something trivial as WALL or terrain.
If people get to choose between a feeling of total control or as they say.. 'slogging through it'.. they will chose the first most of the time. Feeling in control is highly addictive.

to me, flying was one of the biggest mistake blizzard has ever done, that's why my faivorite "expansion" has always been vanilla.
I think they wholeheartedly agree with you.

But that particular cat they will never get back into the bag.

Btw, i love how everyone gobbles up the illusion of 'earning flying' these days. I'm sure if Blizzard saw a way to get rid of that pesky and costly ability forgood they'd be mighty pleased. :)
4.4k Retail fanboys disliked that video,because they know that their game sucks LUL
05/04/2018 21:55Posted by Alagner
He’s so right. Wrath was where it got really bad. Heirlooms, faceroll dungeons, phasing, insane catchup gear handouts and teleporting around to do content with random silent people from random other servers. Wrath started out fine, but eventually turned into the expansion that introduced practically everything that makes me not want to play it currently.
Yeah so true. Wrath was a really good expansion,but they !@#$ed up with things like that.
Nailed it. Awesome video from a person who knows what he's talking about.

i get that they wanted to make the game more "open" and to be honest i really liked flying through Hellfire Peninsula or Netherstorm because of the beautiful view and stuff, but i dont know if a comfort feature should be allowed to take away a part of the ingame interaction, weither with the terrain, npcs or other players.
Damn Kungen, i miss that guy
09/04/2018 14:03Posted by Haihukan
Damn Kungen, i miss that guy

fingers crossed for him coming back!
05/04/2018 21:55Posted by Alagner

You would expect they learned from it but they actualy made it worse and worse with every expansion after..

WotLK was were they started simplifyng stuff like leveling, crafting but also the talent trees, with WotLK expansion they reduced talent points and removed stuff from the tree and later with Cata they were removed completely iirc.

All that simplifying and removing stuff has only result in losing subs, not gaining them. Why didn't they try to turn that around and slowly got back on track to what made Vanilla but also TBC such a great game, still a true mmorpg (while being more casual friendly vs the other and older ones)..

Now many say, even that still play Retail, that the game feels like a single player game until you reach max level. There's no socializing at all anymore in any area below lvl 110, while socializing is such an important part of an mmorpg!

And also while you make friends just while leveling, people will play the game longer and stay subbed longer, and just want to play together.

Now people only seem to do dungeons and raids, all only at endgame where everything now is so fast vs how it was in Vanilla, now you've barely any time to chat and be social, people just want to clear the dungeon (or raid) as fast as they possibly can. Being social is the least of their concerns.. And this is where I believe Blizzard made a very huge mistake in their game design!

But for Retail it's now way to late to change, actualy they're continueing down the path they've been following since WotLK, I even expect more removal of some stuff when BfA comes out, think about more spells and abilities removed or turned into passives so it all plays even more simple.. maybe they even want to release the game on the concole someday.
09/04/2018 16:11Posted by Bloedelf
You would expect they learned from it but they actualy made it worse and worse with every expansion after..

It's hard to deliver a better game than classic, so they tried to add few new things into it to make it more interesting and reinvent the wheel in some kind, but it really showed that you should never change a winning team, classic in this case.
05/04/2018 16:45Posted by Zauru
I miss Kungen, hopefully he returns to streaming when classic releases

He tweeted a few days ago that his bipolar/depression treatment is going well and he should be back in 2 months or so.