Reputations Should be account-wide.

General
Plain and simple.
Why? Your character earned them not your account.
Gear as well, and levels too.
I would love for reps to be account wide when a new expansion comes out. So when BfA came out everything up to that expansion would be account wide.

But I don't think they'll ever do it :(
No, of course not. That's stupid.

The game is already more casual than it should be.
More entitled snowflakes crying they can't get only 70 exalted reps achievement by refilling fotm every patch?

/Yawn
I would love it if old expansion rep was account-wide. Some people don't reroll because of "fotm", but because their spec get's completely changes by devs. Losing so much progress by changing character because your beloved main has been completely changed does not feel good.

And the so-called "account-wide achievements" should actually be account-wide as well. Ingame tab tells me I have 15k+, while armory is saying 14805. Aka: they are not really account-wide at all.
Yes please
No, they shouldn't be. It's a roleplaying game, and just because my druid got cozy with a faction doesn't mean my (hypothetical) DH that was created eight years later should also be highly respected by tribes she's never seen in her life.

What I do think would be a good idea are BoA tokens that accelerate reputation gains (not flat amounts, but percentages). If you are the relative of a hero, people will automatically hold you in higher esteem, but they won't confuse you with the actual hero unless you have earned it.
06/04/2018 15:15Posted by Faceroll
More entitled snowflakes crying they can't get only 70 exalted reps achievement by refilling fotm every patch?

/Yawn

I have 84 exalted reputations on this character but ok then xD
If they continue with their current philosophy and maybe expand it then there is no need for account wide reputations. Their current philosphy is that all of the important rep lock unlocks are account wide and they don't want account wide reputation because it defines the character.

Why do you need account wide reputation? Because you want Shoulder Enchant? They don't provide any player power, just crafting materials, work for them if you want them. Profession recipie? You can craft everything without rep, rep locked are only rank 3 ones, if you want work for it. Tabard? Yes, they should remove that rep requirement.
06/04/2018 14:47Posted by Mokami
Plain and simple.

No.
I see your point with rerolling. People should stick to a toon, WoW would be a better place, it's true, much more immersion this way. But there are many valid reasons to reroll, experiencing levelling again, playing the game from a different role/class point of view, people don't reroll to be fotm in my experience, eventually they play their fotm toon more than the other when it's his turn to be fotm, that's all.

As for snowflakes, casual, etc. Not sure what you mean, I grinded timbermaw to exalted on this very toon in Vanilla, I have countless exalted reps over many chars, bfa races unlocked. Reason I m asking for account wide reputation is the opposite of casual, it's to have my tillers, timbermaw, whatever unlocked no matter what toon I log on.
06/04/2018 15:27Posted by Cedrad
If they continue with their current philosophy and maybe expand it then there is no need for account wide reputations. Their current philosphy is that all of the important rep lock unlocks are account wide and they don't want account wide reputation because it defines the character.

Why do you need account wide reputation? Because you want Shoulder Enchant? They don't provide any player power, just crafting materials, work for them if you want them. Profession recipie? You can craft everything without rep, rep locked are only rank 3 ones, if you want work for it. Tabard? Yes, they should remove that rep requirement.

Also my alts hads some professions. Can't buy recipes wihout rep.

And like my hunter got exalted. Other he can buy weapons/mail gears.
But, example can't buy shield and plate armors. Need warroir or paladain buy it.

Why I want rep come account-wide
06/04/2018 15:27Posted by Cedrad
Tabard? Yes, they should remove that rep requirement.

All I'd really want it for is to be able to buy transmog stuff on alts without having a hideous grind.

Obviously I can live without it but for old expansions I really don't see what harm it does. I buy all the gear items for transmog on my main. It's rare even when it's my main for any of the gear from these vendors to be useful when it's current.
06/04/2018 14:50Posted by Dottie
Why? Your character earned them not your account.

You can leave your mounts, tabards, titles and achievements at counter 3

Edit: And your transmogs as well.

In all seriousness, there is no coherent reasoning why certain features are account wide and others are character wide. Even the one mentioned earlier about the druid having acquired the rep but not the alt... well then your druid should not be able to ride rep-gated mounts.

At this point it is just an arbitrary decision. Just like prestige gating used to before BFA. Play time = pay time. That is the real reason.
06/04/2018 15:34Posted by Kantace
In all seriousness, there is no coherent reasoning why certain features are account wide and others are character wide. Even the one mentioned earlier about the druid having acquired the rep but not the alt... well then your druid should not be able to ride rep-gated mounts.

Great idea, lets get rid of all Account bound things and have each character as it was originally, a solo character levelling thru a fantasy world.
06/04/2018 15:22Posted by Murr
No, they shouldn't be. It's a roleplaying game, and just because my druid got cozy with a faction doesn't mean my (hypothetical) DH that was created eight years later should also be highly respected by tribes she's never seen in her life.

What I do think would be a good idea are BoA tokens that accelerate reputation gains (not flat amounts, but percentages). If you are the relative of a hero, people will automatically hold you in higher esteem, but they won't confuse you with the actual hero unless you have earned it.

Ok, let's argue in terms of roleplaying then.

A factions most beloved hero, their saviour, has a brother visiting asking around for some information on how to craft his belt. Do you think they would turn him away when they know he is the brother of someone who saved them from the Legion?

You could even have a BoA token you can buy from a vendor at exalted that instantly boosts someone reputation to exalted when brought to their quartermaster. "Look, my brother gave me this to prove our family's allegience to your kind."

Also you could argue that you are the spirit that embodies the character, their soul. If you migrate to another body but prove to them who you really are, would that not be enough to earn their love?

What if you ride in on the mount that only their exalted champions are granted? You could prove you are just another incarnation of a hero of their faction. I can fly to Argent Tournament with my Crusader title on my Argent Hippogryph, but I can't get one of their wolves, because "I am not exalted with Orgrimmar and Argent Tournament". Wait, what? How to I ride this mount and wear this title then?

A final point: Let's say in BfA we are talking about Legion reputations. You know that Sargeras is not around, the war against the burning Legion is over. And who made this happen? You brother/other incarnation of yourself. Why would they want your help slaying some pesky demons to earn their trust, when you already ended the whole crusade on the planet? The content is over. There is nothing more to be done. Outland doesn't matter now, neither does Northrend.

So, even your roleplaying arguments doesn't really make sense to me.

TL;DR: Make rep account-wide for outdated expansions! (also make achievements actually account-wide, not the way it is now^^)
Reputations not but achievments must.
06/04/2018 15:15Posted by Faceroll

/Yawn

Peoples that use snowflakes unironically...

/Yawn