Reputations Should be account-wide.

General
07/04/2018 09:13Posted by Ternezia
07/04/2018 08:38Posted by Darkelth
So if you want that achievement, get on your previous main, grind for the last few reps (this really shouldn'the take long and is utterly optional anway). Hey presto, you have the achievement and can then do what you want - no more problem!

You're basically saying to play with my old main. Which isn't the solution really, new reputations come with new expansions and we'll have to level this char to reach the new zones, etc. So it's going back to this char actually.

Just make that achievement account wide, problem solved.

Do all the reputations again on your new main, it's not that hard. I'd even dare to say it's a good way to spend time before the release of the next expansion.

The only reputations that are horrible are the reputations required for the insane title.
I'd prefer that all the rep-gated items were BoA.
You grind the rep once and can buy all the recipes etc. and send them to alts. It's barely worth levelling most professions at all these days, certainly not worth grinding reps for a recipe you'll likely only use once for transmog.
07/04/2018 09:13Posted by Ternezia
So if you want that achievement, get on your previous main, grind for the last few reps (this really shouldn'the take long and is utterly optional anway). Hey presto, you have the achievement and can then do what you want - no more problem!

You're basically saying to play with my old main. Which isn't the solution really, new reputations come with new expansions and we'll have to level this char to reach the new zones, etc. So it's going back to this char actually.

Just make that achievement account wide, problem solved.

So what you're saying is that you sooooo want the 70 rep achievement, but can't actually be bothered to do anything to get it...?

I understand the complaint about having to grind rep over and over again on successive alts, but...

1. Why do you HAVE to do this?? Nowadays, there are very few real benefits to being at exalted - cosmetic and account 'tidiness' is it really - and these are taking optional to the extreme.

2. It's hardly a grind any more. I joined Legion late (returning player) and so have only played for 9 months of the expansion. And I stopped playing end-game content about a month ago. So 8 months out of what will be a 24 month xpac. I have 6 alts a 110, 2 with full exalted reps and the rest have an average of at least 4 exalted reps. The only character I grinded with was my first one to get flying etc. After that, the rest have just been through questing and some garrison missions.

3. We're not talking about being 'forced' to get to exalted on masses of characters. Even if you accept the (rather lame) argument that 'my main must have exalted', how many times do you change main during an xpac??? More than once is just fotm'ing!

There are over 90 reps currently available. If you really want the achievement, hope back onto you old main and pick up some of the easy ones that you're still missing.
At least make the tabards/toys/transmog from reps truly account-wide. I really don't want to grind exalted on my alts just so I can use a damn tabard to match my mog.
Old expac reps acc wide? Yes.

Current expac reps acc wide? No.
You people are ignoring me right? I will repeat it again:

MAKE THE ACHIEVEMENT LIKE THE GUILD ONE IS!

Clear enough? Reps don't have to be shared but atleast count for the achievement, man you people basicly saying never change main in a game where devs change specs and/or classes 180 degrees every expac. Aswell as drop all rep requirements for the mogs, no redoing all reps every freaking expac or two isn't content! You gain nothing you didn't had already, especially the PvP ones which takes months to years to regrind! I wanna end my end my now rep main for expacs now. They made mounts account wide for the same reason, so people wouldn't feel tied to their luckiest or 1st char. So they could switch main or dump chars they didn't like anymore despite them having a largea mount of rare mounts. I can't my new main is 60+ reps behind the rep main and no way I will spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours to regrind. next expac they ruin that one? Regrind it all again?

For the Raiding meta it doesn't matter which char has the achievements, when you have them all you get the reward, why so hesitant to do it for the rep one aswell? Heck imagine if the toy achievement was char bound aswell people would need: rep main, toy collector main, pet battle main, mount collector main, achievement main... this would be mad. Let's make the rep achievement truly account wide like pet battling or the raiding meta is and remove those restrictions on mogs. Doesn't matter who is exalted aslong as 1 char is exalted. We are on the 6th expac already, soon 7th.
Yes please, account wide reps.

If not all, at least the really tedious ones like the goblin ones and ravenholdt. All the others I wouldn't mind farming up again if I swapped main.

Then again, having 90 reps exalted on one character makes it really easy to stick to one character so if that's blizzards intention it's working.
Plain and simple.
No!
07/04/2018 18:07Posted by Destruct
You people are ignoring me right? I will repeat it again:

Clear enough? Reps don't have to be shared but atleast count for the achievement, man you people basicly saying never change main in a game where devs change specs and/or classes 180 degrees every expac. Aswell as drop all rep requirements for the mogs, no redoing all reps every freaking expac or two isn't content! You gain nothing you didn't had already, especially the PvP ones which takes months to years to regrind! I wanna end my end my now rep main for expacs now. They made mounts account wide for the same reason, so people wouldn't feel tied to their luckiest or 1st char. So they could switch main or dump chars they didn't like anymore despite them having a largea mount of rare mounts. I can't my new main is 60+ reps behind the rep main and no way I will spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours to regrind. next expac they ruin that one? Regrind it all again?

For the Raiding meta it doesn't matter which char has the achievements, when you have them all you get the reward, why so hesitant to do it for the rep one aswell? Heck imagine if the toy achievement was char bound aswell people would need: rep main, toy collector main, pet battle main, mount collector main, achievement main... this would be mad. Let's make the rep achievement truly account wide like pet battling or the raiding meta is and remove those restrictions on mogs. Doesn't matter who is exalted aslong as 1 char is exalted. We are on the 6th expac already, soon 7th.

Tl/Dr

I really, really, really want this achieve, but am too lazy to put in even a small amount of work. Getting from 60-something reps to 70 is not a big deal.

Lol
<span class="truncated">...</span> You people are ignoring me right? I will repeat it again:

Tl/Dr

I really, really, really want this achieve, but am too lazy to put in even a small amount of work. Getting from 60-something reps to 70 is not a big deal.

Lol
I already did the work! I'm sick of the paladin class to such a degree I hate it, why doy u feel it's helathy to force people playing their 1st char to the end of time? COMON! All I'm asking is: Guild style rep achievements. No matter who has it it will count! It will be the 7th expac at this point and that change wouldn't even make them account wide just the mount, pet, toy and mog rewards and the credit towards the achievement. If you want the cloth item or a prof. recipe you would still need to grind on said alt. This is a small comphromise.

But hey according to guys I need to regrind reps every time I switch main (due to class changes and/or because of guild needs for that expac) or keep playing the paladin which playstyle I just hate (discount rogue). Make sure that the items unlocked for mog are not bound by a rep requirement and allow the achievement truly be account wide by check boxes like the raid meta is. 2 very small changes, nothing more.

All I hear is: "But it shows I'md edicated enough to only play 1 char for 6 expacs now!" or "The only reason people switch mains is because for FOTM". People switch mains mainly because after a while it gets boring or Bliz changed it so much you don't recognize it anymore, which for me describes pala perfectly for me, I don't recognize it anymore and call it discout rogue instead.

The only thing that holds many of us shelving chars is now that the rep achievement still isn't properly account wide like the rest. I earn the achievements not my chars, so I don't wanna be resetted from 60/70+ to suddenly 0 because I decide I like shaman in BfA alot! I still have the same progress on all my other achievements weirdly enough except this one? This feels like punishment or is a way for Bliz to keep you playing 1 char. To quote:
07/04/2018 18:40Posted by Søssky
Then again, having 90 reps exalted on one character makes it really easy to stick to one character so if that's blizzards intention it's working.
I'm actually the middle man, I do not want them account wide ingame but I experiences how restricting the current system is. Hence why I only ask to change how the achievement works and to remove rep requirement on rep gear only. Want recipes? Want the Mail for your hunter but exalted on the druid? Regrind it. But the mail unlocked with your hunter can also be used for neutral shaman.

My most annoying time was when I was forced to regrind a rep I already did 7 times (raid farms for mounts in FL) just to use a belt on anathor alt their mog... I had it unlocked and all! But back just to get revered to use a belt mog. /sigh
It's easy to separate faction related reps from shared reps. Also let's make reputation achievements, this way they can gate the achievement behind quests like other achievements, would be for the best imo, instead of grinding based reps.

People love achievements. REPUTATIONS SHOULD BE ACHIEVEMENTS.
There was an active Thread about this a short time ago, the points still stand.

The ‘x Exalted Reps’ tracker could be made to count unique Reps across your Account, but that’s about it, otherwise a whole bunch of gameplay is gone and Reps will be even more annoying than Legion and Ogrilla combined, as they’d still want to get as much /played out of you as before so they’d calculate that ‘do it only once’ in - as evidenced by the obnoxious requirements for Pathfinder.

Also, like I said back in MoP, if the Reps of a particular Expansion are too obnoxious for alts, adjust those, don’t make a fundamental change to content that was never set up to work with a new fangled system (World Scaling being just one of the latest examples of this principle).
To the people who say "If you want it so much, put some work into it" -- I already did once. That's enough.

And no one has the right to tell players how many times they should change their main char. If they want to play fotm every time, it's up to them. Because Blizzard makes players do exactly this, by constantly changing the classes. So Blizzard is a hypocrite in this case. They change things too often, on the other hand they keep the reputation system as it was 4 expansions ago.

Either stop changing the classes so people focus on one char, or adjust the rep system.
Just make the exalted reputations count towards the 70+ reputation achievement etc. I don't think anyone is asking to have every one of their characters be exalted with every faction once they've earned it on a single character.

No one can argue that it shouldn't be possible, considering that Blizzard have already done the same thing with HKz achievement.

Edit: I don't understand the people who keep saying "don't want it enough to grind it" when players like myself who've tried switching mains, get to around 60+ exalted reputations after months and months of grinding, the new expansion comes out, and the character I was playing is seriously unenjoyable after their changes. So what do I do? Keep regrinding the reputations over and over again, every time Blizzard change a class to keep up with the current X amount of exalted reputation achievement?
08/04/2018 10:07Posted by Fairy
Just make the exalted reputations count towards the 70+ reputation achievement etc. I don't think anyone is asking to have every one of their characters be exalted with every faction once they've earned it lol.

No one can argue that it shouldn't be possible, considering that Blizzard have already done the same thing with HKz achievement.

This.
I would love it if reputations are account bound.More account bound stuff is for the best.
Reputations can't be account wide, because people will be able to abuse the system by doing daily/weekly activities on multiple alts, mitigating the time gate of rep grind.
For example you do all dailies on three alts, and you get 3 times more rep then you could get on your main in one day. That system would force people to level a lot of alts just for purpose of grinding rep.
08/04/2018 10:22Posted by Шатурас
Reputations can't be account wide, because people will be able to abuse the system by doing daily/weekly activities on multiple alts, mitigating the time gate of rep grind.
For example you do all dailies on three alts, and you get 3 times more rep then you could get on your main in one day. That system would force people to level a lot of alts just for purpose of grinding rep.

That abuse can be avoided very easy. Just because you think there is no way to do it without the abuse does not means there is no solution.

They can make reputations account wide only when the player reach exalted with the first character.

They can make reputations account wide having two reputation values, the character reputation and the account reputation. Account reputation will be the same value as the character with greater reputation value.

They can leave reputations like it is right now and just make X reputations achievement and transmog gear account wide.

they can make reputations account wide adding to every reputation one account bound token that can be bought at exalted to make alts gain reputation to make them exalted.

There are many solutions to that abuse.
08/04/2018 10:53Posted by Jadzía
08/04/2018 10:22Posted by Шатурас

That abuse can be avoided very easy. Just because you think there is no way to do it without the abuse does not means there is no solution.

They can make reputations account wide only when the player reach exalted with the first character.

They can make reputations account wide having two reputation values, the character reputation and the account reputation. Account reputation will be the same value as the character with greater reputation value.

They can leave reputations like it is right now and just make X reputations achievement and transmog gear account wide.

they can make reputations account wide adding to every reputation one account bound token that can be bought at exalted to make alts gain reputation to make them exalted.

There are many solutions to that abuse.

While this is a great reply on its own, I'd like to take a step back and ask a different question - Why do you consider quick rep gains an abuse? Nowadays you don't really gain anything out of reps anyway, except for maybe Pathfinder stuff, but then again - if I'm willing to invest my whole day grinding the same boring stuff, why is that a problem to someone else? It's my own choice.