If the Alliance Actually Took Quel'thalas?

Story
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next
Right, Basically, the Alliance aren't going to invade Quel'thalas. Things have changed since TBC ( Even if the damned zone models haven't :D )
The Blood Elves aren't these Fel-addled maniacs that people seem to think they still are.
There are no Fel Crystals in Silvermoon anymore.
They don't even drain living creatures for Mana anymore, no need, now that the Sunwell is back.

The only problems the Alliance have with Blood Elves right now, is that they are on the Horde. We know this. Lor'themar and Varian were in talks about them rejoining the Alliance before Garrosh and Jaina messed that up for good. Anduin asked them again, via Alleria, but unsurprisingly Lor'themar was not in the mood to listen. ( Quite rightly so, whilst Jaina and Vereesa walk around unpunished by the Alliance).

So that's a thing. There is no "They're Eeeevil" mindset prevalent within the Alliance Leadership. The state Religion of Quel'thalas, is the same as that of Stormwind, Ironforge, Gnomeregan it seems, Gilneas, and Exodar. There could be no religious imperative. In fact one could contentiously say that Quel'thalas is currently the more pious in the Light, as they Exiled the Void Elves, and the Alliance took them in.

So that is the -only- problem the Alliance have with them, apart from a tiny number of Void Elves who brought it on themselves, and a slightly less tiny number of High Elves who may have resentment over Exile.

Invasion is not the way you fight such an enemy. I mean you'll fight them, sure, but an invasion of Conquest would actually destroy the Alliance. Not because of super duper Sin'dorei war machine powah! But because it would essentially destroy the Alliance from within.

Remember Mu'ru's sacrifice, and Velen explaining how Mu'ru knew it was going to happen and went willingly, to reignite the Sunwell and redeem the Sin'dorei?

You think Velen is going to be alright with the Alliance bathing that sacrifice in blood? With the Void Elves corrupting the Sunwell, and by extension, Mu'ru's very nature, and its sacrifice? Think Anduin would be alright with that? I mean that is directly antithetical to the Belief structure of the Alliance ( I mean so are Void Elves but I'm not touching that can of worms with a bargepole).

The Alliance would war on the Blood Elves alright, but it wouldn't be a War of Conquest. It couldn't be, whilst still holding its core tenets of Belief. It would essentially be that. A War of Belief. Whilst fighting Sin'dorei armies, it would be striving to show the similarities, It would be violent and aggressive assaults, but at the same time, it would be clever, it would be diplomatic concessions, it would be announcements of public pardons for any Sunreaver unjustly imprisoned, reparations to the families of those civilians murdered by the Silver Covenant. It would be showing the Blood Elves "We're still going to fight you, but we're actually not monsters". Hells. "if" and we have no reason to believe this becomes common knowledge, but -If- word of Sylvanas' intentions to 'stop the War' became public knowledge there would be letter bombs over Blood Elf warbases, giving them proof that the Warchief was prepared to sell them down the river for some idyllic idea.

It would be a bitter war, but given the pragmatism of Elves in general, it would end only one way. The Blood Elves being swayed into rejoining the Alliance, by a combination of arms, and a feeling of betrayal.

Lets face it, it happened before.
However. Let us play Devils advocate and say that against their better judgment, Velen and Anduin went along with a war of Conquest.

1. It would be costly. As far as I am aware ( and I may be wrong on this) Ban'dinoriel and the Elfgates are back up and working. Pretty sure you fix the Elfgates in the starting Belf quests (It was a loooong time ago that I did them). A Land assault theoretically wouldn't be viable, not only because of them, but because for the Alliance to do so, they would essentially be launching an invasion from Argent Crusade territory. That's not likely to float well with the Argents. Lets assume therefore it was a Naval assault, landing troops past the Elfgates.

Naval assaults are always costly anyway, and whilst I am not for a moment saying that the Sin'dorei's plucky navy could hold off the entire Alliance fleet ( They couldn't), I would point out that the Sin'dorei navy would not be a push over. They are the only Race with -Two- Deep water Ports in their lands, as in directly in their lands, not overseas ones. This said, the Alliance would be victorious at Sea, and troops would make it to land. At this point it depends where the attack was staged. Either way, they would be dealing with Farstrider Guerilla warfare tactics initially. From what we know of how Blood Elves fight, they very much are all about Guerilla warfare and making an enemy pay for every inch of land they take. They won't -win-, there simply are not enough of them, and this is where it comes to the nasty stage of such a hypothetical war.

Desperation and Scorched Earth.

The Blood Elves have been here before. Pushed back by a monolithic enemy in waves and waves, their numbers immeasurable. It will be an all to recent memory for some, but now they have new toys. Horrible new toys.

I have no doubt, that faced with annihilation, the Blood Elves would use Mana Bombs. I mean they were happy to do so on Thunder Isle (As were the Alliance with the few they stole off the Blood Elves there).

The losses of such a war would be catastrophic, for both sides, but ultimately, the Alliance would win it.

2. What happens to Silvermoon?
Well, That's tricky, It would be a War of Conquest, usurping the legitimate government, so a new dynasty would have to be started.
Alleria would be an awful choice, she has one son, a half elf, Vereesa, an awful choice, she has two sons, half elves. Some prominent High Elf ( As we have no idea whether Void Elves -can- still hold children, or even more importantly, whether any Void Elf would be Evil enough to try and find out) would need to come to the fore to rule. The High Elves have Silvermoon back, everyone is happy!

Except they're not. The Void Elves presence would corrupt the Sunwell. Thinking 'Happy thoughts of Plot Armour' will not save the High Elves this time, they're right on the Sunwell's doorstep.

Remember the High Elves are a race that is dwindling, becoming extinct, Blizzard have confirmed they are not a viable genetic pool anymore, just not enough of them left.

Silvermoon would become a crumbling ruin, as the magics that sustain it are gone, thanks to Alliance destruction of the Sunwell, many of its homes and institutions would be abandoned, as there simply are -not- enough Elves to inhabit them.

The Night Elves aren't going to want it. Or to live there. Perhaps in the Ghostlands they may inhabit some Ranger Lodges.

There is no evidence that they would be able to heal the Dead Scar, either. It seems curiously stubborn, despite efforts by the Cenarion Circle being successful in Western Plaguelands, they can't fix Quel'thalas.

Meanwhile, wherever the Mages portaled the remaining defenders, probably Orgrimmar...

Minds behind green eyes, and a renewed hunger for draining magic from the living, after the second betrayal, turn their attentions North, towards two Islands, an almost completely repaired floating city of magical creations. Exodar. They regarded this city with envious eyes...

And slowly, but surely, they drew their plans for Conquest.

It is not like it has not happened before....
But Brigante.

What if the High Elves take Quel'thalas and the Void Elves are allowed to stay within the nation's borders but decide to settle somewhere in the southern part to protect the Sunwell from their influence?

I haven't done the Allied Races recruitment quests, but it was (is?) my understanding the Sunwell would only react violently towards them if they where litterly standing next to it?
16/04/2018 13:36Posted by Veshj
What if the High Elves take Quel'thalas and the Void Elves are allowed to stay within the nation's borders but decide to settle somewhere in the southern part to protect the Sunwell from their influence?I haven't done the Allied Races recruitment quests, but it was (is?) my understanding the Sunwell would only react violently towards them if they where litterly standing next to it?

That would turn out slightly differently then.

The High Elves would still be inheriting a blasted ruin, however the remaining buildings would not be at risk of falling apart, as the Sunwell would be intact. Remember, the Fel Crystals were not there for the populace to sate their hunger, they were there to keep the city intact. The Sunwell performs the same function -as well as- sating their hunger.

That outcome would be slightly rosier for the Alliance, but -also- rosier for the remaining Blood Elves, for the Sunwell would still sate their hunger, as well as that of the High Elves, much the same as it does now, in reverse.

I can see High Elves and Highborne Kaldorei dwelling in the ruins of Silvermoon, the Ren'dorei perhaps in Ghostlands.

Neither High Elves nor Ren'dorei have a sustainable population, but this would take thousands of years to play out.

Short term, the Blood Elves would still be empowered by the Sunwell, the Alliance has Quel'thalas, they would -take- Bloodmyst and Azuremyst. The Horde then has a spaceship as well as the Alliance. It would be balance, of a sort.

Problem is, for the Alliance to do that is playing into Sylvanas' plan, which is a terrible plan. Would the Alliance do that?
Wow, that was a lot to read! But worth it! Excellent points made, Brigante. I wonder if anyone will counter it?
16/04/2018 11:57Posted by Brigante
However. Let us play Devils advocate and say that against their better judgment, Velen and Anduin went along with a war of Conquest.

1. It would be costly. As far as I am aware ( and I may be wrong on this) Ban'dinoriel and the Elfgates are back up and working. Pretty sure you fix the Elfgates in the starting Belf quests (It was a loooong time ago that I did them). A Land assault theoretically wouldn't be viable, not only because of them, but because for the Alliance to do so, they would essentially be launching an invasion from Argent Crusade territory. That's not likely to float well with the Argents. Lets assume therefore it was a Naval assault, landing troops past the Elfgates.

Naval assaults are always costly anyway, and whilst I am not for a moment saying that the Sin'dorei's plucky navy could hold off the entire Alliance fleet ( They couldn't), I would point out that the Sin'dorei navy would not be a push over. They are the only Race with -Two- Deep water Ports in their lands, as in directly in their lands, not overseas ones. This said, the Alliance would be victorious at Sea, and troops would make it to land. At this point it depends where the attack was staged. Either way, they would be dealing with Farstrider Guerilla warfare tactics initially. From what we know of how Blood Elves fight, they very much are all about Guerilla warfare and making an enemy pay for every inch of land they take. They won't -win-, there simply are not enough of them, and this is where it comes to the nasty stage of such a hypothetical war.

Desperation and Scorched Earth.

The Blood Elves have been here before. Pushed back by a monolithic enemy in waves and waves, their numbers immeasurable. It will be an all to recent memory for some, but now they have new toys. Horrible new toys.

I have no doubt, that faced with annihilation, the Blood Elves would use Mana Bombs. I mean they were happy to do so on Thunder Isle (As were the Alliance with the few they stole off the Blood Elves there).

The losses of such a war would be catastrophic, for both sides, but ultimately, the Alliance would win it.

2. What happens to Silvermoon?
Well, That's tricky, It would be a War of Conquest, usurping the legitimate government, so a new dynasty would have to be started.
Alleria would be an awful choice, she has one son, a half elf, Vereesa, an awful choice, she has two sons, half elves. Some prominent High Elf ( As we have no idea whether Void Elves -can- still hold children, or even more importantly, whether any Void Elf would be Evil enough to try and find out) would need to come to the fore to rule. The High Elves have Silvermoon back, everyone is happy!

Except they're not. The Void Elves presence would corrupt the Sunwell. Thinking 'Happy thoughts of Plot Armour' will not save the High Elves this time, they're right on the Sunwell's doorstep.

Remember the High Elves are a race that is dwindling, becoming extinct, Blizzard have confirmed they are not a viable genetic pool anymore, just not enough of them left.

Silvermoon would become a crumbling ruin, as the magics that sustain it are gone, thanks to Alliance destruction of the Sunwell, many of its homes and institutions would be abandoned, as there simply are -not- enough Elves to inhabit them.

The Night Elves aren't going to want it. Or to live there. Perhaps in the Ghostlands they may inhabit some Ranger Lodges.

There is no evidence that they would be able to heal the Dead Scar, either. It seems curiously stubborn, despite efforts by the Cenarion Circle being successful in Western Plaguelands, they can't fix Quel'thalas.

Meanwhile, wherever the Mages portaled the remaining defenders, probably Orgrimmar...

Minds behind green eyes, and a renewed hunger for draining magic from the living, after the second betrayal, turn their attentions North, towards two Islands, an almost completely repaired floating city of magical creations. Exodar. They regarded this city with envious eyes...

And slowly, but surely, they drew their plans for Conquest.

It is not like it has not happened before....

well in theory alliance would only need 1 ship so to speak, and that is the vindicar, considering the legion had no chance to do what so ever against it, a few blasts against the blood elfs defences would crumble like paper, but offcourse this would never happen in game.
16/04/2018 10:32Posted by Medaan
14/04/2018 18:35Posted by Velsyana
Human (or Azshara's fan, I guess? :P),

not even a Scourge invasion could completely eradicate and kick the Blood Elves out of Quel'thalas. An Alliance invasion is nothing in comparison to a Scourge one, especially now that the Blood Elves have Horde allies.

Wait what? Have you been playing another game than I have? The Scourge wiped out 90% of the High Elf population, there was nothing the High Elves could have done to stop it. The only reason the Scourge left Quel'Thalas was because they no longer had need for it as they achieved what they were after.

If the Scourge actually focused on wiping out the Blood Elves nothing would have remained.

They didn't even bother with weakening Quel'Thalas with the plague, as they did with the human kingdom of Lordearon. I am pretty sure if the Scourge focused on taking down any city in EK they would succeed.

The High Elves/Blood Elves would have no chance whatsoever to defeat the Scourge. They weren't even capable of defeating the trolls in their lands alone, let alone face the Scourge lol. You are so delusional xD.

The Scourge did leave troops behind to finish off the Elves. You see this when you play the starting quests in Quel'Thalas, it's the specific reason why the Forsaken are there, sent by Lady Sylvanas Windrunner to help the remaining Blood Elves reclaim their homelands.
You're shown this when you play Kael'thas' story in the Frozen Throne, likewise when you play through Sylvanas' story arch in the same expansion. Pretty much the entirety of the northern Eastern Kingdoms is infested with Scourge to finish of the remaining survivors.

When you quest through the Ghostlands this leads to you finding and killing Darkhan Drathir, the one responsible for allowing the Scourge a relatively easy invasion of Quel'Thalas, with someone 'opening the gates' for them from the inside, the Scourge did not need to weaken Quel'Thalas with the plague. It tells you much of the relations between the Elves and Humans that the former where so caught unawhere, tbh.

Thirdly, why do you assume the Amani are push overs? Are you arguing lore or game mechanics? It's the same joke as people talking about the Darkspear Trolls getting murdered by 'just' Murlocs and Naga or the Tauren tribes getting driven to near extinction by 'just' Centaur.
Either you argue game mechanics, or you argue lore.

Don't call Velsyana delusional when you either don't know, or ommit information relevant to the point at hand.

well in theory alliance would only need 1 ship so to speak, and that is the vindicar, considering the legion had no chance to do what so ever against it, a few blasts against the blood elfs defences would crumble like paper, but offcourse this would never happen in game.

Your theory falls short though, because the Vindicaar cannot shoot targets from 'out of orbit' as people like to throw around regarding it, nor is it's point of impact that astounding to begin with.
I mean, let's for a second entertain that it did have both the range and the firepower your theory suggest. Why didn't it just blast Antorus from orbit? instead of just smashing open an entry point for us, and doing so withing visual range and range of artillery, in case you forgot the quest where we had to take out the cannons firing at the vessel in Krokuun, the Antoran wastes.
14/04/2018 18:29Posted by Charmionge
I've seen this being thrown about quite a bit and I guess I'm just curious what peoples expectations are if this were to become a reality. If the Alliance invaded Quel'thalas and somehow booted out the Blood Elves in the process, what would the Alliance actually do with it?

It won't happen, trust me. If you truly believe that because this happens once now in BfA, it opens up alot of doors to similar cities being taken over? Then you are not familiar with Blizzard.

The Horde aren't even really driven out, they will still hold the surroundings just outside the Lordaeron Capital City and everything above. That will remain the same.
It's just the Horde that gets a whole continent, not the Alliance.
You know that there will be an expansion after BfA, were the Horde will have continued storyline and questing in EK. As will the Alliance in Kalimdor through their tiny, tiny piece of Isles, the Exodar.
An excellent read, Brigante, but there's one thing I would like too point out.

16/04/2018 14:01Posted by Brigante
Neither High Elves nor Ren'dorei have a sustainable population, but this would take thousands of years to play out.

Do you have any source for this?
We know Elves (and Draenei) are a slowbreeding species, but we do not know the exact numbers of High Elves (or Void Elves) around. How can we be certain they have an unsustainable population?
They certainly seem to have a high enough population in the Silver Covenant alone to send an army just as large as the Blood Elves and Night Elves too Suramar, and then we have the Highvale Elves (witha sustainable population of Alliance Dragonhawks under their care!) and the few High Elves living spread around..

16/04/2018 19:24Posted by Sylaz
The Horde aren't even really driven out, they will still hold the surroundings just outside the Lordaeron Capital City and everything above.

No they won't, or atleast not the lands directly surrounding Capital City.

Brill will be a ruin with Alliance banners everywhere and (I heard!) that Tirisfal Glades seems livelier and greener now that the Forsaken are gone.

And I think the Forsaken keep their other villages and cities.

That will remain the same.
It's just the Horde that gets a whole continent, not the Alliance.

No the Horde won't get a whole continent.

You know that there will be an expansion after BfA, were the Horde will have continued storyline and questing in EK. As will the Alliance in Kalimdor through their tiny, tiny piece of Isles, the Exodar.

The Alliance keeps their territories outside of Teldrassil and Darkshore, you know that, right?
Do you have any source for this?We know Elves (and Draenei) are a slowbreeding species, but we do not know the exact numbers of High Elves (or Void Elves) around. How can we be certain they have an unsustainable population?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

I'll quote the relevant bits;

Modern high elves are a rare sight, and are commonly mistaken for blood elves.[11][12] In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves did not gather in any significant numbers, nor did they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture—only a past filled with glory and regret.[2]
As a people, the high elves are all but extinct: the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race.[13]

In relation to the playable races, Blizzard has stated that the high elves have a considerably smaller population than even the Gnomeregan Exiles.[39] High elves are a rare sight even in Alliance lands,[40] and are considered a fallen, all but extinct race.[41]

'All but Extinct' has a specific meaning.

"They're still around, but not for long."

Now obviously, that means nothing to us as players of a game, we'll be bone dust well before our elven characters would die of old age, but if the Blood Elves were on the verge of extinction, as sources say, then 10% of them are sure as hell going to become extinct, albeit, it taking a couple of thousand years.
16/04/2018 17:38Posted by Gigantina

Narrative, Narrative. The Milennium Falcon is a freight ship that somehow survives multiple blasts from elite fighter squadrons of a Galactic Empire that therefore presumably has some pretty decent weapons tech bods working to make good weapons.

Its about story.

The Vindicaar has to a) Be able to fly over Quel'thalas. Nothing can. b) Descend to attack level ( No, fans, it can't strike things from Orbit, it -never- does that) and therefore be subject to artillery and Mana Bombs... and C, a whimsical one this, but one highlighting how daft the idea is "Somehow be everywhere in the world at once in order to allow Space Marin-Sorry, Light Forged Draenei to use their Racial".

The Vindicaar is really not as impressive as Alliance fans want it to be. I mean its good, but its assets are not as a strike weapon, that would be vastly misusing its potential.
16/04/2018 18:17Posted by Blunderhoof

The Scourge did leave troops behind to finish off the Elves. You see this when you play the starting quests in Quel'Thalas, it's the specific reason why the Forsaken are there, sent by Lady Sylvanas Windrunner to help the remaining Blood Elves reclaim their homelands.
You're shown this when you play Kael'thas' story in the Frozen Throne, likewise when you play through Sylvanas' story arch in the same expansion. Pretty much the entirety of the northern Eastern Kingdoms is infested with Scourge to finish of the remaining survivors.

Leaving units behind does not equal focusing someone down. My argument was that at that time, there wasn't really any kingdom that would have been able to withstand the Scourge alone, not Lordearon, not Ironforge, not Stormwind and not Quel'Thalas. Velsyana claiming that "not even the scourge managed to destroy the high elves" is just purely delusional, as they managed to do it with 90% of the population, the rest 10% were not extinct because they were of lesser interest to the Scourge.

You making a long post about a quest on how easily the Scourge took out Queal'Thalas and why is pointless to the fact that if they wanted, the Scourge would have ended the High Elves.

Thirdly, why do you assume the Amani are push overs? Are you arguing lore or game mechanics? It's the same joke as people talking about the Darkspear Trolls getting murdered by 'just' Murlocs and Naga or the Tauren tribes getting driven to near extinction by 'just' Centaur.
Either you argue game mechanics, or you argue lore.

Are you really going to claim the Amani trolls were a bigger threat than the Scourge? I hope not, otherwise you'd be just as delusional. If the Blood Elves needed outside help to be able to deal with the Amani, claiming that "not even the Scourge was able to destroy Quel'Thalas" is a stupid statement.

Don't call Velsyana delusional when you either don't know, or ommit information relevant to the point at hand.

Nothing you have stated proves otherwise.
17/04/2018 00:25Posted by Brigante
The Vindicaar is really not as impressive as Alliance fans want it to be.
Neither are the Silvermoon defences as impressive as Belf fans want them to be. You honestly believe that if Alliance would put all it's effort to it that they couldn't break them? If nothing else we could starve you out.
17/04/2018 11:33Posted by Gluin
Neither are the Silvermoon defences as impressive as Belf fans want them to be. You honestly believe that if Alliance would put all it's effort to it that they couldn't break them? If nothing else we could starve you out.

Ehh, you might want to reread the posts I made...The ones where I said the Opposite of what you seem to think I said. That's a peeve of mine. People not reading a discussion before jumping in with an argument that relates to something someone never said, but they assume that they said it.

That recent post? That was in response to saying the Vindicaar on its own could take out Silvermoon. Which is utter bull. Thats "New Toys are better than old toys" rubbish. Read the full conversation, and you will not find anywhere me saying that the Alliance could not win against Quel'thalas. In fact I actually say the opposite.
Velsyana claiming that "not even the scourge managed to destroy the high elves" is just purely delusional, as they managed to do it with 90% of the population, the rest 10% were not extinct because they were of lesser interest to the Scourge.

The statement is correct. Not even the Scourge managed to COMPLETELY destroy the High Elves, and later they found the will and strength to fight back and rebuild, while the Kingdom of Lordaeron was effectively wiped out and dismantled to this day. I don't get why should deny this. Dalaran survived the invasion in some way as well, and Gilneas too, so it's not something impossible.

And your "if and buts" are irrilevant because they won't change history. And I can play that silly game, too.

"If Gul'dan had not betrayed the Horde, the Alliance would have been wiped out!"

See how it works?

Furthermore, not only the High Elves survived a Scourge invasion, the only reason that Silvermoon fell in the first place is that the Scourge was working with a traitor from within their ranks, otherwise they wouldn't have pierced the shield of the Sunwell in the first place. Heck, pay attention please, because this is canon and it is reiterated once again in the Void Elves' questing experience in the Ghostlands, that you have played I guess.

Not exactly. Even under the shield of Silvermoon, Blood Elves would have access to the sea with their navy, so they could trade food with their Horde allies or neutral parties, or actually just fish.

Also their population is diminished, and they have a lot of Magisters, and since creation of food through arcane magic is indeed a canon thing in lore, I would like to think that the combined effort of the Magisters in creating food out of thin air would actually keep the population fed, at least for a while. The Alliance can't focus and siege Quel'thalas for long and just sit outside the shield of the Sunwell, because then the Horde would start to win everywhere else.
16/04/2018 23:25Posted by Veshj
The Alliance keeps their territories outside of Teldrassil and Darkshore, you know that, right?

Is there a source from this? It's only really Ashenvale and Darkshore I would doubt them keeping since the 'Before the Storm' shows the Horde going for a 'scorched earth' tactic on their way to Teldrassil.

If nothing else we could starve you out.

Mana cakes for days.
I just read the first few comments and it is already a !@#$show. Can't you people discuss anything without insults being thrown around?
Fact is: IF Blizzard wants a place / a person to go down, it will!

Quel'Thalas ... so, at least it seems for the moment, still serves a purpose in their lore writing. So, it stands ... for now.

It's not really about reasons ... it's what they feel like doing, isn't it? ^^
17/04/2018 12:18Posted by Brigante
and you will not find anywhere me saying that the Alliance could not win against Quel'thalas. In fact I actually say the opposite.

Well, it's clear to everyone that the full might of the Alliance would win against the Blood Elves. But we also have to take in consideration:

1) With the Sunwell back, Blood Elves can very probably re-cast Ban'dinoriel, the shield of the Sunwell, so at the very least they could stall the Alliance outside Silvermoon for a while. Also the Runestones can weaken the magic of all non-elven units in Quel'thalas, actually.

2) They have Horde allies too, who would join the fight in Quel'thalas, just like they did in the Battle for Lordaeron. The help of the Forsaken is a given -although dangerous for the Blood Elves if they bring the blight in Quel'thalas too-, especially considering that a portion of the Forsaken armies is already in the Ghostlands. Suramar and the Nightborne would gladly give their help too, some Nightborne tourists are already starting to live in Silvermoon so it would be important for Thalyssra.

But I think the Orcs, Tauren, Trolls would give their help too (and the Blood Elves can just open portals to move their troops from Kalimdor), since I doubt the Horde would really want to lose their last stronghold in the Eastern Kingdom that is very important for Sylvanas if there is a chance for her to recapture Lordaeron in the future.

So essentially, it wouldn't just be Blood Elves vs Alliance in Quel'thalas, it would be Horde vs Alliance so Blood Elves have a chance, other than them having the advantage of fighting on their home turf (and granting intel to the Horde in general, too).

I have no doubt Quel'thalas would be very damaged in an outcome of a Horde/Alliance big battle there though, so I'm in the hope Alleria wouldn't really push for an invasion of Quel'thalas in the first place.