Remote auction house going away

General
04/04/2018 21:09Posted by Zim
There are remote auction house bots. Unlike in game bots, these are impossible to catch. I guess that's why they are removing it. Almost nobody uses it and among those who do use it there are many bots.

There are ways and means of dealing with bots to make them harder to use, like a limit on the number of searches and transactions that you can make.

The remote AH was a good feature, in some ways better than the in-game AH and it seems incredibly stupid to remove it.
Perhaps there is a light in the darkness!

If blizz is actually planning to finally upgrade AH, how it works may change. It may not be worth it for blizz to update remote auction house so they could just remove it because it wont work soon.

Perhaps, if such a thing were to happen, blizz could eventually update remote AH too.

Perhaps I'm just dreaming.
I know the remote AH had its bugs and issues but don't remove it fix it.
As a full time working player with x2 accounts who is into the economy side of the game this is a step too far. My second account will going that's for sure. I will seriously be thinking about quitting the game. This is the worst thing to happen in wow that I can remember. A kick in the teeth for people who work long hours such as myself.
Extremely bad move and I can only hope they are updating it for BfA.. I'm sure Blizzard appreciate that a good portion of their subscribers are people who have lives other than WOW... My limited time online is spent actually experiencing playing content, whether that is questing, raiding, battlegrounds etc... The remote AH did not enable me to make massive profits but enabled me to maximise my WOW experience by accessing this feature whilst at work... travelling... walking the dog... (insert real life activity here).

Doing this will not force people to log in online more frequently as real life commitments will always trump online activity. It is more likely to reduce peoples WOW experience to a point that they feel the game is something they can do without.

Perhaps a Blizzard post as to what their future intentions are would go a long way?
This sounds great. I am so happy that some people can't camp @AH while not even in game.
Sep 17, 2016
In a recent Q&A Ion Hazzikostas said the AH will get some attention.
The Auction House UI is pretty unacceptable at this point and past due for a revamp.
Fixing this is a longer term project, but addons can help in the meantime.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5962-Legion-Developer-Q-A-Ion-Hazzikostas

Well "long term" can mean "really long term indeed" at Blizzard, so maybe this is the beginning of this revamp.
One of the better uses of the app was to be able to sift past pages and pages of listing of 1 item of cloth/ore/leather. Gives us an interface where we can sift through these pointless listings and it won’t be so bad
Bad decision, especially for people who have a job or are not at their pc a lot. For them the app means they can make some gold without having to spend their ingame time on sitting at an auction house that doesn't function very well, and costs a lot of time without addons (learning those isn't worth it for a small amount of auctions really). They mostly don't have huge amounts of gold, and for them this is something they can do in their breaktime to actually have some of it.

Personally I like to use it to keep track of when auctions are expiring, to refresh bids on items during the day (big advantage now for people who don't have a job I guess) and to post auctions on overcrowded realms where posting auctions during 'normal' times is a tedious waste of time. I'm sad to see this option go really.
05/04/2018 08:26Posted by Saturaia
Sep 17, 2016
In a recent Q&A Ion Hazzikostas said the AH will get some attention.
The Auction House UI is pretty unacceptable at this point and past due for a revamp.
Fixing this is a longer term project, but addons can help in the meantime.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5962-Legion-Developer-Q-A-Ion-Hazzikostas

Well "long term" can mean "really long term indeed" at Blizzard, so maybe this is the beginning of this revamp.

Long term in blizzard means 5-10 years= because soon means around 1-2 years.
Maybe they wanna finally make a proper app to include everything and be flexible in terms of updates to suite new features to come?
Straight up removal of AH app is pretty sad.
This is really a bad decision. People who use it use it for a reason. You take away an important feature for these people.
I just returned to WoW since a few days now and I spend a lot of time on Remote AH. The reason is that I don't want to spend time in AH when I'm in the game. So I do AH stuff when I'm not in the game.

I would have used this a lot in my future adventures in the game.
It's upsetting but mostly I won't effect me to much.

I use the app a lot mabey 3 hours a day on it but I find I can't really get too upset with it going away.

Will it effect my gold makeing? Well yes and no. On the one side I can't list remotely but on the other neither can anyone else. So this will make it easier to predict market trends and make money on the spread so I'm not overly fussed
Good, the WoW economy is broken with farmers on those apps making 20 times more than people who don't have the app. Remove all WoW related apps while you're at it please. They make me feel like I'm doing chores.
Good! WoW is no Economy Simulator!

The auction house in such games was once for selling own items and buying item for own use. In the actual state you can only use this as casual for selling items, no way to buy anything here.

It's bad for the people who using the app in a justified way but at all a good decision. Will change not much but its a beginning to have a better control.
05/04/2018 11:02Posted by Tinywizurd
Good, the WoW economy is broken with farmers on those apps making 20 times more than people who don't have the app. Remove all WoW related apps while you're at it please. They make me feel like I'm doing chores.

I don't know their reasons for removing the ability to access the AH remotely but I suspect it might be down to how people are just using it to make gold. But then again what did they think people were going to do with it!!?!?

They clearly have no intention of removing the other app which allows you to do your missions from afar. They like to have some way of keeping people connected to the game when they are away from their computers.
05/04/2018 11:49Posted by Nargor874948

The auction house in such games was once for selling own items and buying item for own use. In the actual state you can only use this as casual for selling items, no way to buy anything here.

It's bad for the people who using the app in a justified way but at all a good decision. Will change not much but its a beginning to have a better control.

Don’t be daft - since vanilla people have used the AH to make gold. I used to buy out all the Hearts of Fire and realist twice the price. That’s how I got my first epic mount.
04/04/2018 21:04Posted by Dottie
I'm trying to see where you got this information?
dude, you really gotta stop trolling and look at some damn news....
You reply to ppl with zero knowledge about stuff thats happening around you? Why?
This is the second thread where you are clueless...and try to imply that the op is posting lies.... really man...
05/04/2018 18:04Posted by Iggwilv
05/04/2018 11:49Posted by Nargor874948

Don’t be daft - since vanilla people have used the AH to make gold. I used to buy out all the Hearts of Fire and realist twice the price. That’s how I got my first epic mount.

Sometimes i lost money, just to share the items on my server. So everyone who needed them can buy the items for fair prices.

In vanilla there was not much reseller. Maybe we had goldfarmers where some reseller freaks bought their start money, to be more competitive. I mean if you buy one time something out for an epic mount it is ok. But not everyday at any time.

Today it's extreme, if you want to sell a cheap item via auction, its sniped by someones tsm or ah bot in a few seconds. In combination with multiaccounts/-boxing it's very funny for the casual user.

So its a good decision to close this part of the app, which was a door for ah bots.
If youre upset that they close the app, you should thank the bot creator.
I hope at least they make the ingame auction house more useable.

The biggest advantage for using the mobile ah, is that you have a list of all items you can sell from a certain character, you click an item, and it shows you the currently lowest price for the item, and if they are 100 single items, or one stack of 50 items. You can see in 1 glance that the lowest price of e.g. 1g/item, is only valid for 25 single item stacks, and the next price after that is 8g/item and up.
While on the ingame ah, you have no idea how many items are listed for 1g/item, the list could go on for pages if some funny player decided to put 200 items in stacks of 1.

Also ingame I have to run to the bank, get out all the items I want to sell, run to ah, and manually find them in my bags to list them on the ah. Sift through pages of that item's auctions to figure out what is a fair price.

It's just such a pain. And I only realised after using the mobile ah. I never knew better, I tought the ah was pretty efficient. I just longed for a way ingame to see that is currently the lowest buyout price, and they implemented it. So all was good. Then I found the mobile ah. What a nice finding that was. And now they remove it :(

tl;dr: Please implement the good functionality of mobile ah ingame.
-Opening the ingame ah could give a list of all items on your character that are eligible for sale. No more running back and forth between bank and ah, and no more sifting through bags.
-If one player puts up 200 stacks of one item, group them like on the mobile ah.
Showing 1 item * 200 stacks. So there is no need to look through pages and pages of 1 itemstacks to get an idea of a good price for an item.