Quel'dorei High Elves Alliance Allied race

General
1 2 3 61 Next
Last thread capped at 51 pages (1000 replies) GM said to create anothor thread <3 So this is the new thread due to the other one capping, let's keep this up For the Quel'dorei!

NEW April 12th, 2018: TALIESIN AND EVITEL MADE A VIDEO ON HIGH ELVES! SUPPORTING THEIR INCLUSION FOR ALLIANCE!
It's Time For High Elves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Sr-sadSk4

Taliesin made the video with the purpose of disproving High Elves, BUT after researching as he was making it, he realized that they actually do qualify as an Alliance Allied Race. Here are all his criteria that High Elves meet listed as is in the video:

1. Are they a different enough race to existing playable options? - CHECK
2. Are there enough of them? - CHECK
3. Are they relevant? - CHECK
4. Do they look different enough? - CHECK
(4th not an essential criteria: not met by all other allied races)

The last 6 minutes of the video where he discusses why Void Elves were the wrong answer for High Elf fans and how Void Elves do not meet the criteria that all other allied races meet. Taliesin even mentions The Alurna Manifest of High Elves and showcases his argument for High Elves by presenting the fan art concepts done by our High Elf supporters!

https://youtu.be/C2Sr-sadSk4?t=16m24s

I think Blizzard consider this our playable High Elf and there's no doubt that having Void Elves, having these models as Alliance options definitely makes it feel like the 'genuine' High Elves people want are less likely than ever. This [Void Elves] feels like an answer.....except it doesn't though, does it?

And making this video has made me realize why: I wanted to make a very fair and even-handed case for each argument, for and against, Alliance High Elves to help myself decide as much as anything. So I created this list of criteria that I think the Alliance races all share to see if High Elves could fit in with that, and as we've seen they do fit those criteria. But I've come to realize, Void Elves don't.

NEW April 5th, 2018: WE'VE BEEN NOTICED MY HIGH ELVEN BRETHREN AND LADIES! GET TO THEORYCRAFTING BOYS AND GIRLS!
WoW Battle for Azeroth Dev Interview - Islands and Wrathion

https://youtu.be/HyDQF0SisAA?t=4m13s

Time: 4:13-5:10 (End where High Elves are mentioned)!

Perculia: And you've kinda touched on this before, but talking about the Golden Blood Elves a lot of players were really surprised to see that. Especially because Ion at the past Q&A just said it wasn't really a top priority to do customization for older races, so that was really cool to see. Are more little touch-ups like that on the way and was the Golden Blood Elf Eyes something that was a long time coming?.. Or just - it was really funny timing seeing it appear right after it was said it wasn't a priority.

Jeremy Feasel "Muffinus": Yeah so as with anything on the World of Warcraft team, the things that we announce and say at Blizzcon may change significantly over the course of the year. I think what we're finding is that we love the ability to add more player customization options, it's super cool. We found that players have been responding very positive to it. So we'd like to continue doing although we don't have anything to announce quite yet. We would love to hear all of your ideas! Please post them on the forums, let us know what you'd like to see. -Points and looks at camera- It's High Elves :)

Note: PLEASE extend the thread cap! We don't want to spam the forums with multiple versions of these threads, just a singular place to discuss the topic! Thank you! <3

Reason for this thread:
At Blizzcon, the WoW developers asked the community to provide feedback and suggestions on future Allied Races they'd like to see - this is ours!

Purpose of this thread:
Brainstorming ideas how to EVENTUALLY implement and diversify High Elves, so they don't step on Blood Elves' toes.
We will be discussing model alterations, idle stance, animations, customization options, class selection, as well as their overall culture and story.
We fully understand that if HE do happen, it won't be any time soon. Probably not until every baseline race gets an Allied Race counterpart (i.e. Worgen>Sethrak; Goblin>Vulpera).
Goals of this thread:
Aid Blizzard in the eventual implementation of a High Elf Allied Race, in a way that is most acceptable for the majority of the WoW community by providing ideas and suggestions.
We do not want "Blood Elves on the Alliance" - those are Void Elves.
We do not want to "take away an Allied Race slot" - we are aiming for further down the line, after everyone else has taken their turn.
Please note: These threads have been going on for quite some time, and most of the arguments have already been had quite extensively. The below are some examples of the most common, and while people are free to post what they like, anyone making these arguments will likely not get a response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQs/Common Counterarguments:

“Aren’t High Elves Just Blood Elves With Blue Eyes?”

Leaving the lore differences aside, model-wise, currently, yes. Blizzard has a long track record of having less developed models for races that are not currently playable. If made playable, it is very likely that these models would see some kind of revisiting to further differentiate them from Blood Elves, similar to tweaks Nightborne got in comparison to Night Elves. Common suggestions have been: changing the idle stances and animations, which would change the silhouette, a more “human”-like model modified from the current Human or Night Elf models, slimmed down, or customization specific traits like tattoos, war paints, or distinct hairstyle choices, among others.

“There aren’t enough High Elves left, I thought?”

The Silver Covenant, the militarized organization of Dalaran High Elves (which have recently been clarified as being more numerous than once thought), have been present for many of the Alliance’s military operations in the past several expansions and have consistently fielded numbers that would suggest there are plenty of them left. Similarly, Quel’Danil lodge in the Hinterlands and the Allerian Stronghold in Outland both show other independently organized High Elf forces that are not suffering in numbers. In addition, Stormwind has its own High Elf population. There is more than enough evidence to suggest High Elves have enough numbers to be appropriate for an Allied Race, especially compared to what has been shown as appropriate for other examples such as the Lightforged or the Void Elves.

Source: In-game representation, out of game official canon text such as Chronicle Vol 3

“I don’t want to see any more elves in this game!”

This is a subjective opinion, and a valid one, but not a reasonable argument against other people’s ability to ask for what they would also subjectively like to see.

"What about Void Elves?”

Void Elves were specifically and deliberately set up as being recent exiles from Silvermoon among the Blood Elf population. Their presence does not continue the separate High Elf story in any way and thus is not a reason for them not to be added.

“High Elves = Blood Elves = Void Elves”

Both the in-game lore and the out of game official canon texts have very clearly set up the Thalassian elves as a split people, and the themes of mutual High Elf and Blood Elf resentment for each other is what led to the creation of the Silver Covenant in the first place. Furthermore, Chronicle has drawn further attention to the fact on some level this split was in the process of happening before Kael’Thas even renamed those who followed him to Blood Elves: tensions existed between the High Elves who chose to live in Dalaran and those who lived in Silvermoon, the latter considering the former to prefer the company of humans over the love of their own homeland.

Sources: In-game representation and lore as presented through Alliance questing, as well as out-of-game official canon text such as Chronicle Vol 3.

“High Elves will cause population bleed on Horde side.”

Considering Allied Races have so far required extra steps, such as having a max level character on the appropriate faction and gating behind reputations, along with the fact that Allied Races also have restricted class options (Death Knight and Demon Hunter are both very popular classes and would likely not be available), this outcome is unlikely. Adding to that, the fact that Horde edges out Alliance population-wise slightly at max level, and the fact that Void Elves, which brought the Blood Elf model to the Alliance to begin with, did not impact overall faction balance, and this is very likely not a very serious concern.

Above ^ summary made by the lovely Tabasa-Earthen Ring~

Discord link for discussing High Elves: https://discord.gg/jsfDcZx
"The Alurna Manifest of High Elves"
Note: some of the information here is now outdated due to Chronicles Vol 3, Pontifice will update it when he's able.

In the link below, we discuss in detail why the faction of Thalassian Elves known as "High Elves" is eligible to become a playable Allied Race. We look into the cultural and societal difference between "Blood", "High" and "Void" elves and trace their history.

Credit to Alurna@Moon Guard for the text, as well as Pontifice@Azralon for the page itself. Individual artists are credited on the page:[removed link]All High Elven fan-made arts to customization options and playable concepts will be saved at this link:[removed link]All versions of the OP are save in this Google Drive folder:
goo.gl/SGqvnP

Yourfather's testimony:
Support for playable High Elves on the Alliance comes even from far away China!
Hello guys, come from CN server, sub to post here and to support HIGH ELF!!

Good job guys, you surely speak out for tons of WOW RPG lovers all over the world.

as a RPer in CN server both a supporter of human-dwarf-highelf triangle, it is not make sense for alliance can't even have High elf skln(you guys even have time to add a gold eye for BE), admit it Blizzard, you just bounded by you laughable discrimination towards traditional faction combination, stop it and hear the voice from players all around the world:

We need Highelf as a playable, since its absence are a shame for a MMORPG which said "they really care about their players", haven't you guys heard the wishes all over the game around the world?

DO THE RIGHT THING, WE NEED HIGHELF! !
?????!????????!

03/29/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Yourfather

I'm sure it would not only me, the news of you guys are spread quick and NGA of China are talking about you guys, feel free to quote, lets do it for a dream long waiting from our all.

Spinel's testimony:

Fans from Prague, Czech Republic show their support!
Good afternoon,

my name is Martin Pátek and i am also known as 'Spinel' in Warcraft 3 communities of Brigandshaven and Hiveworkshop. I am mapmaker of W3 and co-author of few known maps such as 'Kalimdor: the Aftermath' and one time even 'Azeroth wars (LR version)'. I am not very social person and i am not active on many forums due to some real life problems. I just wanted to tell you that me and few other members of our development team are great supporters of High Elven community. Please keep up your efforts and remember that even while we are very loud, we are standing with you.

Sincerely,
Spiny, Warcraft 3 community map designer

P.S.: Not many threads speak about Ranger Lord Renthar Hawkspear, High Elf who opposed Lorthemar when Kaelthas ordered Fel consumption. He led Quel'lithien elves and survived its destruction. He is the only living Ranger Lord still in WoW and i thing he could be mentioned alongside other important High elven NPCs. I felt kinda sad for him when i did not see him in Alurnas Manifest.

P.P.S.: Please excuse my grammar, i am not very good in english for i am mainly a graphical designer. Have a nice day! :))

Bluetl's testimony:
Now even support from South Korea!
I am a Korean Alliance player.
I can not understand long & difficult English because I am not good at it well.
I am using a translator to watch that thread.
So maybe I can't give you a quick answer.Sorry
But I've been watching High Elves thread for quite a long time.
Because I want to be the high Elves more than anyone else.
I hope your fight pays off.
I am quietly supporting you.
I can't write to the North American forums with my Korean account.
I hope the developers will know that there are many high elf fans everywhere in the world.

— @Bluetl

* This section will continue to be edited with new ideas*
VI. RACIALS CONCEPTS:
Actives
Activate Rune: (Active) Unleash the power of a rune to gain a spec specific benefit for 12 seconds (3 minute cooldown).
Unwavering Loyalty: (Active) You and your nearest ally within 30 yards take X% reduced damage from all sources for X seconds. Seven minute cooldown.
Survivalist: (Active) Only usable out of combat. Heal yourself for X% of your health (X min cooldown).

Passives
Rune Sage: (Passive) Increases Inscription Skill by #.
Naturalist: (Passive) Increases resources from gathering by # or %.
Wood Strider: (Passive) Increases Movement Speed by %.
Graceful Step: (Passive) Movement speed is increased by X% and cannot be affect by daze while riding mounts.
Magi Ancestors: (Passive) All offensive spells and abilities have a chance to cause an arcane blast on your target, dealing X amount of damage

Flavor
Wanderer: (Active) Utilize nearby materials to build a fire, set-up camp, and settle in! For X mins (or seconds), the campsite is usable to cook food and will automatically give you the rested bonus.

Mount
:Woodland Quel'dorei Steed. https://i.imgur.com/7uofnoG.png (Credit to Arreth for the modifications to the Horse Model).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VII. STORY SECTION
Credit to Alurna@Moon Guard, Alamara@Goldrin and others from past threads.
NEW: 03/30/18 - Using updated info from Warcraft Chronicles Volume 3

Previously, it was thought that High Elves on the Alliance are the people banished from Silvermoon for refusing to use the magic siphoning technique. It was thought that High Elves living in Dalaran died when Archimonde destroyed the city in WC3. Chronicles confirms not to be the case. We now know that the citizens of Dalaran were evacuated and survived the attack. Moreover Chronicles states that High Elves -specifically- from Silvermoon renamed themselves Blood Elves. This heavily implies that the majority of the Alliance's High Elves are exactly the evacuated Dalaran survivor.

This gives the Alliance High Elves 2700 years to have developed a distinct society and culture. Moreover, Alliance High Elves have extensively been interbreeding with Humans this whole time, as evidenced by Alodi, first Guardian of Tirisfal, being a half-human/half-High Elf, as well as Grand Magistrix Elisande condamning Vereesa and the High Elves specifically for interbreeding with "lesser races". This allows for High Elves of today to have different genetics from the Blood Elves from Silvermoon, and give the Alliance High Elves a more muscular look, thanks to their mixed heritage and human genetics.

The High Elves of today have a heavy "wood elf" theme, unexplored in World of Warcraft today. Those adaptive survivors have been shown to completely overcome the symptoms of arcane withdrawal through meditation (Quel'danil lodge), and focus on the ranger aspect of the former High Elf culture, that's been largely ignored in Blood Elf stories.

To do this, Quel'danil High Elves, or the so-called Highvale Elves, have completely abandoned arcane magic, but not all High Elves have. We still have High Elf mages in lore today, who sate their hunger through magical gems, trinkets, or pilgrimages to the now-restored Sunwell.

To distinguish those High Elves from their Blood Elf cousins, who'd lively disallow those pilgrimages in the wake of the Battle for Azeroth, we propose for High Elf mages to return to a heritage long forgotten. Rune magic. Sunwalkers are more akin to "sun druids" in-lore, but are represented as paladins in-game. Runemaster High Elves would not use the arcane, but still be treated as mages in-game. This leaves BOTH fel and arcane as niches for the Blood Elves alone. Rune magic also heavily reinforces the "wood elf" theme of the High Elves.

High Elves would still be able to wield the light through, through prayer like the Humans and Draenei (who also live in Quel'danil lodge), unlike the Blood Elves who gain their light through the Sunwell.

Expanding on the "wood elf" theme, i.e. the differences between High, Blood, and Void Elves will make all of them distinct. Just like Stormwind, Dalaran, Kul Tiran, Gilnean, and Forsaken humans used to all be a part of the Arathi Empire, but are now distinct individuals.

Potential Recruitment Storylines

1. Unification: Player Characters join a named major NPC (Alleria/Vereesa/Tyrande) on a mission to visit the major settlements of High Elves and see them joined together under a single banner.

2. JUST Silver Covenant:The Silver Covenant seeks to replenish it's ranks and begins recruiting promising Quel'dorei around the world, joined by the Player-Character, aiding the gathered characters with their local threats.

3. JUST Highvale: The Quel'Danil Lodge comes under attack by the Horde. The Player-Character goes to their defense, and the Lodge thereafter pledges it's strength to the Alliance in all of it's battles.

4. JUST Alliance Expedition: The elves of the Allerian Stronghold organize and come home at last, rejoining their kin and reminding them that the Alliance is a cause worth fighting for. Their leader would then pledge the service of the Expedition's High Elves to the Alliance on Azeroth.

5. VOID ELVES as "HIGH ELF CLANS": At the start of the thread I promised to discuss a "compromise" option - turning Void Elves into High Elves. This would introduce playable High Elves, yet not be a separate Allied Race.

The story would see the Void Elves campaign for a unification of all High Elf forces as one. This would include: Void Elves, Silver Covenant, Quel'Danil, Allerian Stronhold, Half-Elves(?).

What would need to be changed:
1. Paladin class
2. Keep VE customization options, but also add those mentioned in III. above
3. Change the racial name to "High Elves".
Themurloc@Aerie Peak Suggestion:
6. Give us "Silver Covenant" instead of High Elves. Make the faction consist, in lore, of both High Elves AND Half Elves.

Give Silver Covenant PCs a new skeleton, like they're doing with Zandalari, and customization options ranging from the classic pureblooded High Elf appearance (long blue/blonde/white hair, light skin), to more human-esque features like dark skin, short hair, beards, etc.

Their recruitment quest could be about the Silver Covenant officially rallying and welcoming Half Elves, represented by Arator, into their ranks, and officially reintegrating with the Alliance.

Make it so, similarly to how the upcoming Draenor Orcs decide which clan they are from, whether your "Silver Covenant" character is a High Elf or a Half Elf depends on a mix of your own imagination, and the customization options you picked out.

Visual mockups:
Female version by Talendrion:
https://i.imgur.com/OiquvZE.png

Male version by Themurloc (me):
https://i.imgur.com/4T0P4cU.png

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9w1SsnQLsw This video is also a great reason why High Elves should be added <3

“What's past is prologue.”
― William Shakespeare, The Tempest

The words of the poet have rarely felt more appropriate than when pondering the place of the High Elves of the Alliance in World of Warcraft; in its narrative and, hopefully, in its roster of Allied Races. The High Elves have long maintained a presence in the Alliance, one which has continued to unfold and give us greater insight into where these disenfranchised sons and daughters of the High Kingdom stand.

We've defended Quel'Danil against the hostility of the Horde. We've reconnected with lost friends in the Allerian Stronghold. The Silver Covenant has steadfastly stood beside us as we've waged war against Dragons, the Scourge, the Horde, the Mogu, and the Burning Legion. At long last the fabled heroine, Alleria Windrunner, has been found and reunited with her people, only to find a fractured race.

Since the launch of World of Warcraft the continuing presence of the High Elves have built up a remarkable Prologue for their addition to the Alliance as an Allied Race. So let the discussion begin!
High Elven Culture: We are Not Blood Elves

Through World of Warcraft Blizzard has portrayed the Blood Elves as a dynamic, evolving society. From their implementation as a people suffering the painful withdrawals of magic addiction and dominating the sacrosanct power of the Light for their own purposes, to a pious nation that could stand tall and strive for redemption. The Blood Elves never lost their pragmatism, nor their penchant for hedonism and ambition. The lavish parties at Saltheril's Haven, Liadrin's epiphany at the Sunwell, and even the tragic tail of Kaelynara Sunchaser are all evident of this. The Blood Elves are a powerful, proud people who stand in the Light.

It has been over ten years since the High Elves and the Blood Elves went their separate ways, and as we've seen, the two peoples have developed divergent cultures and lifestyles. Many High Elves live in isolated lodges scattered around the Eastern Kingdoms, some even abstaining from the practice of magic altogether such as the Quel'Danil Lodge. Others have even attempted to rekindle relations with their Night Elven kin in the Alliance such as Fiora Longears. Still, most of the High Elves seem to dwell in the Mage-City of Dalaran, embracing either the simple, humble lives of merchants and artisans, or continuing to embrace the art of magic. Yet, perhaps the most noted of the High Elves' forces would be the Silver Covenant, comprised of many individuals of different skills, but with a focus upon the ancient institute of the Rangers, which has since begun to decline amongst the Blood Elves as their Blood Knights rise to ever greater prominence.
In the words of Elisande herself: " Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline."

So, from the observations of a woman who had spent thousands of years cut off from the world and only recently came to look at it we already see the clear difference. While Blood Elves live in their cities, protected by their knights and enjoy all the fine things life has to offer, the High Elves live in lodges or work in cities in menial jobs fit only for peasants, protected not by glorious knights but by humble rangers.
There's already a thread part 2, post this in those.
14/04/2018 14:21Posted by Rhaenyss

I noticed after I posted this one, however I'll thumbs it up and show my support, however I'll be sticking to this thread <3
Yes please add high elves so more blood elves goes to that faction and leave me alone. That id the only reason i want them in this game.
14/04/2018 14:30Posted by Leolamin
14/04/2018 14:21Posted by Rhaenyss

I noticed after I posted this one, however I'll thumbs it up and show my support, however I'll be sticking to this thread <3

For the love of god no.
All that means is "I know someone beat me to the punch but since I made the original thread I feel I have the right to spam the forums with a duplicate thread."
I would love to see more horde races played by the horde , every group i'm in , i'm the only non belf.

If belfs could be shamans and druids no one would play and orc , troll , tauren , goblin etc =[
14/04/2018 14:30Posted by Leolamin
however I'll be sticking to this thread <3
3 posts earlier....
14/04/2018 14:18Posted by Leolamin
We don't want to spam the forums with multiple versions of these threads, just a singular place to discuss the topic! Thank you! <3
Look. As much as I'm pro-High-Elf, you are doing a disservice to the cause, and also you are really inconsistent in your claims.

Another thread was created earlier than yours
It has a name that implies a direct continuation of the first thread, unlike yours
And you still want to stick to this thread, just because YOU created it.
That's hypocritical.

no. Please move on to the main thread, or else yours is just another spam-Thread that serves to do nothing but piss off more people who get tired of the thing.

Good job in compiling the two info-posts, but you being stubborn will do no good.
14/04/2018 14:39Posted by Mirtle
Look. As much as I'm pro-High-Elf, you are doing a disservice to the cause, and also you are really inconsistent in your claims.

It has a name that implies a direct continuation of the first thread, unlike yours
That's hypocritical.

no. Please move on to the main thread, or else yours is just another spam-Thread that serves to do nothing but piss off more people who get tired of the thing.

Good job in compiling the two info-posts, but you being stubborn will do no good.

That my friend is were I believe you are wrong,I was already in the process of making this thread when the other one was created (I didn't see it beforehand) it has nothing to do with being the original post owner of the last capped thread :)

It took me a bit as I had to get all of this information then do stuff such as bolding and quotes. I will happily support the other thread which was created :) I'm actually doing a fantastic service for the cause on High Elves :D You should maybe take a read at what I posted, there is substantial amount of information here for the Pro High Elves cause :) This clearly is a direct continuation of the first thread, it has all the information from the last thread and put onto the OP :)
14/04/2018 15:02Posted by Leolamin
14/04/2018 14:39Posted by Mirtle

That's hypocritical.

That my friend is were I believe you are wrong,I was already in the process of making this thread when the other one was created (I didn't see it beforehand) it has nothing to do with being the original post owner of the last capped thread :)

It took me a bit as I had to get all of this information then do stuff such as bolding and quotes. I will happily support the other thread which was created :) I'm actually doing a fantastic service for the cause on High Elves :D You should maybe take a read at what I posted, there is substantial amount of information here for the Pro High Elves cause :) This clearly is a direct continuation of the first thread, it has all the information from the last thread and put onto the OP :)

No the other one has conversation on it relating to the topic.
This one is you justifying why you're one is better than the one actually talking about the topic.
The one that was made first.
And the one called part 2.

Get over the fact you missed it.