Quel'dorei High Elves Alliance Allied race

General
Prev 1 23 24 25 101 Next
Tbh velves grown on me, they might be asspull but at least they bring something new to the table and imo they look much better than b/helves.
17/04/2018 12:08Posted by Nightbalds
Blood elf and void elf males are the embodiment of rainbow.

I never got this stupidity tbh. They look pompous and smug and better than you sure, a stuck up prick if you will, but in what way are they "rainbow"? They are the most normal looking human-like model in game (the alliance rambo dads don't count, they look like a cartoon), with normal, lean muscles, though I'll admit with a pompous pose.

Is it the hair? I bet it's the hair, since I see you sporting the bald look. They're freaking elves, man.
You already have belves with blue eyes on alliance, and they even threw in blue skin as a bonus!

People are never happy.
16/04/2018 23:29Posted by Destruct
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762127620?page=19#post-371 also seems like a nice plan, something they have been brewing and preparing a decade in advance.
There are a lot of great ideas here. I wouldn't personally choose to add a large group of high elves that managed to somehow not be noticed by anyone for a decade, but a lodge or a small settlement seems plausible. YouTuber MrGM actually showed us something in the files when the void elves and Telogrus was added into the files: https://youtu.be/xj4gWBDYtVA?t=2m35s Perhaps this could be something the high elves could use. Now the Shadow of Azeroth was most likely the initial idea on where you'd find all the traces of Umbric and his group, which was then replaced by Ghostlands, but the area has merit as a probably ancient high elven settlement.
17/04/2018 13:43Posted by Salmira
You already have belves with blue eyes on alliance, and they even threw in blue skin as a bonus!

People are never happy.
They're not high elves, though. And at lest they're not the proper non blood elf, old Alliance kind of high elves that we're asking for and have been asking for for over a decade. I love void elves, but they don't even come close to feeling like you're playing a high elf. Not even slightly.
17/04/2018 13:43Posted by Salmira

People are never happy.

I blame people's love for tolkien storytelling.

Blizzard somewhat started with a similar concept, but when they went for something different, something more classic, and not exactly like any other fantasy world out there - people QQed.

People are literally crying about how humans in a fantasy setting is the most boring thing ever, because why play a human when you can play a non-human, then they go ahead and encourage the same boring, fantasy triad of humans, elves and dwarves.

Fun thing is is that blizzard also decided to split the typical elven fantasy trope into several parts, we have the typical nature loving elves in the form of Night Elves, coupled with a somewhat amazonian theme but not totally.

We have the magic elves in the forms of Highborne, Nightborne and High Elves, one who kept a fair bit of respect for nature but not to the extend of the Night Elves (This would be the High Elves.) Highborne and Nightborne are totally magic.

We have yet to see the dark elf trope, the sadistic magic users. Although High Elven torture is not exactly on the gentler side of the spectrum, considering their treatment of Zul'jin once they captured him.
17/04/2018 14:10Posted by Meleron
We have yet to see the dark elf trope, the sadistic magic users. Although High Elven torture is not exactly on the gentler side of the spectrum, considering their treatment of Zul'jin once they captured him.

They're mostly just enemy units, like San'layn or Felbloods... too evil to be playable or allied with us.
17/04/2018 13:37Posted by Rhaenyss
17/04/2018 12:08Posted by Nightbalds
Blood elf and void elf males are the embodiment of rainbow.

I never got this stupidity tbh. They look pompous and smug and better than you sure, a stuck up prick if you will, but in what way are they "rainbow"? They are the most normal looking human-like model in game (the alliance rambo dads don't count, they look like a cartoon), with normal, lean muscles, though I'll admit with a pompous pose.

Is it the hair? I bet it's the hair, since I see you sporting the bald look. They're freaking elves, man.

1. Look at the jokes.

2. Do some questing, especially in the postCataclysmic Kalimdor and Lordareon. Some hints is the elf near the Ungoro pool, being a questgiver in Tarren Mill and the fan"girl" in the Badlands.

3. About the hair. Well. It requires dht to go bald which blood elves seem to lack.

Also evident that the Nightborne female can joke with their "winemaking" (refering to a /silly), which is one of the few ways to approach an happy bald dht-elf that might wander confused around places.

Edit: the "get into the vat and jump on the fruit" guy is also balding. What are the odds. I had to check his hairstyle out xD
17/04/2018 14:53Posted by Satyxis
They're mostly just enemy units, like San'layn or Felbloods... too evil to be playable or allied with us.

Illidan was so evil that he once was a raid boss!

Now he's our best friend (since he somehow survived being ganked by 40 people) and is always cheering us up while we kill bears or whatever for world quests
16/04/2018 21:50Posted by Leolamin
16/04/2018 21:35Posted by Zenfár
So what kinda classes would everyone like to see for the quel'dorei high elves?

I'll be rerolling this pally and a hunter probably. Maybe every character i have why not right?

I'd love to see;
Main:
Warrior
Mage
Rouge
Priest
Paladin
Hunter

Would be cool:
Druid,Shaman (Connection to Wildhammers)

Not Classes they should have:
Warlock
Death Knight (allied races can;t have DK atm I think)
Demon Hunter

They could be first race to actually have DK. Because Dks need some love and HE eves are at moments only potential allied race that would make sense as a DK.
Every other allied race just wasn't around in Wotlk or anywhere near Northrend and couldn't get killed there and made DK. At least from those that are announced or in game.
17/04/2018 15:03Posted by Nightbalds
1. Look at the jokes.

2. Do some questing, especially in the postCataclysmic Kalimdor and Lordareon. Some hints is the elf near the Ungoro pool, being a questgiver in Tarren Mill and the fan"girl" in the Badlands.

3. About the hair. Well. It requires dht to go bald which blood elves seem to lack.

But the jokes exist ~because~ of how long community has joked about it. When you think about it, it doesn't make any sense, so the only thing left is that people are insecure about playing elves in name (and the hair, I guess).

And take it from medical doctor, DHT is overrated, it's just something that makes people feel better about their bald head. I mean, it doesn't bother me, I think bald head is fine, but some people are really insecure about it. We had a professor at university that had the most horrendous hair transplant and I don't know how in earth is that better than an inoffensive balding head.
17/04/2018 15:47Posted by Daive
They could be first race to actually have DK. Because Dks need some love and HE eves are at moments only potential allied race that would make sense as a DK.
Every other allied race just wasn't around in Wotlk or anywhere near Northrend and couldn't get killed there and made DK. At least from those that are announced or in game.

It depends entirely on how people imagine them starting I would say, because.

If we are to consider heritage armour, all allied races have the requirement of leveling from start to finish, currently 20-110.

If High Elves are to work similarily to this, giving them a Death Knight option would not work.

There is a way to work around it if blizzard is interested in doing that, and that is making it a requirement to have leveled atleast one High Elf character to 110 to then unlock Death Knight for the High Elf allied race.

It is either that or future allied races will start at a higher level, in which case it will still pose a problem due to Death Knights having a specific starting point.

It makes sense lorewise, yes... but in terms of gameplay, it is a little more troublesome.

Personally I like to imagine that High Elves who was raised as Death Knights and then broke free from the scourge would prefer serving their homeland rather than join the Alliance.
Well i think that the girly jokes blood elves had exist the day they got created, which made people start joking about them.
17/04/2018 16:25Posted by Nightbalds
Well i think that the girly jokes blood elves had exist the day they got created, which made people start joking about them.

Really? Idk man, then the devs are insecure, because the blood elf males are the most normal looking (aside from the hair, annoying stance and voice, but again it's more pompous than anything), all the other races are cartoonishly hulked up.
17/04/2018 16:43Posted by Rhaenyss
17/04/2018 16:25Posted by Nightbalds

Really? Idk man, then the devs are insecure, because the blood elf males are the most normal looking (aside from the hair, annoying stance and voice, but again it's more pompous than anything), all the other races are cartoonishly hulked up.

Well i have to agree, the blood elf males are handsome. If they could have receding hairlines like me IRL, i would instantly reroll one hehe. I dont mind the girlish jokes at all tbh.
As this thread is nearing the post cap, I've raised the cap substantially so discussion can continue. :)
thanks alot Aerythlea! :D
17/04/2018 16:25Posted by Meleron
17/04/2018 15:47Posted by Daive

Personally I like to imagine that High Elves who was raised as Death Knights and then broke free from the scourge would prefer serving their homeland rather than join the Alliance.

I think it depends on their origin. If they were Silver covenant or Kirin tor before they became death knights then they might not be willing to join the Horde.
But blizzard may have to alter one quest in the DK starting zone where you have to execute someone you knew from your previous life and if you play blood elf the that person specifically says you lived together in the Quel'thalas. So adding another NPC for a High elves to execute could be needed. But the quest could still make sense because most High elves in the alliance still probably lived in Quel'thalas at some point. Unless they were born in Dalaran and lived mostly there I guess.
Anyway every elven death knight could at the point of breaking from the scourge choose any faction he wants no matter his origin. Because it's a fresh start for him and both alliance and horde would accept them.
They seem to be The Ebon blade first and alliance and horde second. At least DK class campaign in legion presented them in that way. So they could go wherever they believe they would serve The Ebon blade better.
@daive yeah as much as i think dks should be getting some love with options i don't think they'll be better races/allied races anytime soon. Just the nature of the class but i'd love to see some more flexibility with what race you can play on each faction. Mostly just the human model for the horde as i feel it could make sense as they are undead.
17/04/2018 17:15Posted by Aerythlea
As this thread is nearing the post cap, I've raised the cap substantially so discussion can continue. :)

Whilst it is nice that the cap has been raised and the discussion can continue, the discussion has continued for years.

Is it too much to hope for that the devs can put us all out of our misery on this topic by telling us one way or the other which way they are leaning?