Mage Tower.

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
^
what's there.

Also addig Xylem:
use movement increasing talents/Legendaries (like 3 Leap Shoulders on Arms) for phase1, and make sure you get asap to Xylem. For phase2 go slow+aoe burst on adds. Use Metamorphosis heal + Glaive Throw talents for DH, Nightbane slow increase + Shadowdance heal for Sub, shockwave + Ravager for Arms.

and Sygrind:
stun Sygrind when she casts, step on runes as soon as they spawn (and start with the smallest so you have time), move the council when the valkyrs come and just zerg aoe them to oblivion, below around 30-40% you only need to pay attention to interrupting caster and moving from valkyrs
17/04/2018 14:10Posted by Worfykins
I've been hammering at the mage tower for a while, and I still haven't completed it. And to be honest, I'll never complete it, because it isn't worth burning through so many items and having specific legendaries JUST for an appearance. It's not worth the hassle. Some people have done it within 30-40 attempts, whilst others have done it 150-200 attempts, that's a lot of nethershards wasted, a lot of drums, pots, and everything else. They need to make it more worth while than a god damn appearance for a weapon. I'll just stick to the basics.

I am sorry to hear that your are struggling but:

- Having specific legendaries makes the challenge easier, they are not a must.

- Gear available now makes them so much easier and allow you to actually faceroll them at 920+, is actually a good thing for people not that good that the challenge does not scale.

- The skin are worth enough the time spent seeing how many people crying to make the MT permanent even before Legion.

That said, i did the Guardian Druid around 905 ilvl with useless legendaries since i always played Balance until 2 month ago.
The gear is not that important once you get what you have to do, aka:
(P1)
- Manage your stack
- Blast the eye and add
- Always move around the puddle to avoid the infernal knockback
- Don't be afraid to use orb now and do not have later.

(P2)
- Kruul is just a DPS check with CC packed in to prolong the fight.
- Keep moving to avoid infernal.
- Kill add.
- Jump a lot to try avoid the slow from Kruul's leap.
- Kick twisted reflection (if the cast goes off, use an orb asap).
- Use increasing mitigation on each annhilate and weave cc/orb to prolong the phase.
18/04/2018 11:34Posted by Jelinä
To be honest I would rather the Mage towers skins to remain available in BfA.
When considering that the challenge is already trivialised with enough gear/right legendaries, the challenge part is already out of the window so it would be better and less stressful to scale up to 120 next expansion than to remove it to preserve an illusion of superiority when people have already stomped challenges with huge ilvl (I nailed Kruul with 946 ilvl for example).

But sadly I fear that the actual purpose of the tower challenges just like similar stuff in MoP and WoD is to motivate people to stay subscribed as much as possible during the content drought between expansions and make them feel bad for not doing so

Well it's fine to make cosmetical reward temporarily attainable (like, as you said CM gear, Gladiator titles, Grand Crusader Charger), they just have to make sure that the content remains challenging (either recalibrating it later or by gear scaling).

In WoD what they did right Imho was that they made it so one clear meant that you get all the skins. I wish it was also the case for Legion cause gearing 36 specs in order to get everything is absurdly much so most people have to chose what skins they really like and focus on them and forsake the rest :(\
It would had been better if one had to clear one Eye, one HoV, one Kruul etc and get the counterparts to other classes specs but that is probably me dreaming :(
Well I haven't done it either and probably won't. I know I could do arms challenge because even with my 930 ilvl on arms the first part is too easy except when Xylem teleports on the other side of the platform and you have to get to him literally in 2 seconds or manage to kill a mirror in one second to get another two seconds...
This is where I mostly die even though I know the tactics perfectly cause I watched like 100 guides and use talents optimized for mobility I still die like 8 out of 10 times.
But then there is second phase so even if I manage to get to it I still die there. I could spent enough time and resources to learn how to do it. But as I said that's 8 times wasted time and money just to get a few attempts on what I actually don't know how to do.
I was also thinking maybe fury challenge would be better for me....after 2 attempts I knew it's even worse.
It simply isn't worth the effort to me and I don't really need that skin anyway...
I still haven't figured how to do phase 2 of resto shaman mage tower :D and it kind of feels like cheating to go check a video how to do stuff. It is fine when i do not get the skin :) I am also not grinding it. Sometimes it is just fun to try.
I tried and failed 150+ times, I have watched videos, downloaded addons. Im over the recommended I Level bought consumables etc. I just don't come close and am not improving.

I was almost tempted to give my log in and password to a better monk that has beaten it at lower I level than myself, to complete it for me. But snapped out of that idea quickly.

I have accepted that it is beyond my ability. It sux but thats life, I lack the coordination / skill needed. To all wind walker monks that have beaten the tower i salute you!
Progress so far...

Disc priest (done): Trivial, one attempt.

Holy priest (done): Maybe 20 tries, had to use drums (hero) on the last phase where spirits or something where flying towards middle. Save as many as you can, while not letting the group die.

Resto druid (done): Doing it after holy priest and without drums, 1 attempt and felt trivial. Certainly easier than priest. But this felt hard when i was low 920 or something month earlier, back then i gave up. Had no clue on tactics.

Feral druid (done): 10 tries maybe. Outgearing it helps the most, try 940+. Also path of the titans trinket is insanely good for feral. I think when i actually did it, i was left at full health and felt like i just rolled over it.
18/04/2018 12:15Posted by Wangchi
I tried and failed 150+ times, I have watched videos, downloaded addons. Im over the recommended I Level bought consumables etc. I just don't come close and am not improving.

I was almost tempted to give my log in and password to a better monk that has beaten it at lower I level than myself, to complete it for me. But snapped out of that idea quickly.

I have accepted that it is beyond my ability. It sux but thats life, I lack the coordination / skill needed. To all wind walker monks that have beaten the tower i salute you!

WW monk is easy. I did it at 901 ilevel without prydaz. There’s no dps requirement. If you can interrupt and look out for stuff on the ground it’s simple.
I'm not the best player either out there, so I'm having quite a hard time doing the challenge, even while following what the guide says, and having an ilvl of 945. (maybe i do suck for real lol, so many people out there got it at first attempt with much lower ilvl than me).
I main holy priest and not even that one I can acomplish, and im having a hella harder time with the disc. challenge, as it just looks kinda...rather silly of a challenge for a healer. (and i really want the disc artifact skin, it's just so beautiful).
I guess I'll just have to keep on trying, eventually ill nail it, even if it's just luck ;-,
18/04/2018 19:08Posted by Aallorah
I guess I'll just have to keep on trying, eventually ill nail it, even if it's just luck ;-,

You'll get there. Also try different builds, after many tries you will intuitively know the fight and can experiment what would work better.
17/04/2018 14:33Posted by Semivivus
Having so much struggle with the frostmage magetower... And that's sad because it's beautiful

Im sorry but at 950 ilvl you should easly faceroll it i never played frost only spcced it to get the skins and fairly easly got it with 930ilvl without any frost legendaries
17/04/2018 14:10Posted by Worfykins
I've been hammering at the mage tower for a while, and I still haven't completed it. And to be honest, I'll never complete it, because it isn't worth burning through so many items and having specific legendaries JUST for an appearance. It's not worth the hassle. Some people have done it within 30-40 attempts, whilst others have done it 150-200 attempts, that's a lot of nethershards wasted, a lot of drums, pots, and everything else. They need to make it more worth while than a god damn appearance for a weapon. I'll just stick to the basics.

Those nethershard are hardly useful for anything else so not wasted, also gems and enchants whould help you at EVERY attempt.......
17/04/2018 23:29Posted by Olyvaria
you can be 960 ilvl and watch all the guides in the world and the outcome will in large part be decided by whether or not some crap you don't even see coming randomly punts you off or not.

What a bad lie.

Just get some DPS trinket as a tank and burn through both Phases of Kuul like warm butter.

At 915 on my Druid I had no issues breezing through him, the only true issue is indeed the RNG and buggyness of Infernals and Eyes knocking you off even though they shouldnt. If a guy in 920 can do it in roughly 3 Minutes, why cant people at 960?

Not to mention what a joke it was for my DH tank either at like 900~, completly making the Challenge pityful.

To be fair all of the Challenges Ive done so far are super disappointing compared to the Warlocks Green Fire Fight where Ebonlocke demanded everything from you and your class knowledge to beat him.
I've not done my challenge yet but I'm lazy.
18/04/2018 19:20Posted by Gorewolf
To be fair all of the Challenges Ive done so far are super disappointing compared to the Warlocks Green Fire Fight where Ebonlocke demanded everything from you and your class knowledge to beat him.

Well maby cause you fastly outgear it by now it was tuned around ToS gear without the netherlight crucible.
Green fire was a joke also after ToT (wich it was tuned for)
18/04/2018 19:32Posted by Robberry
18/04/2018 19:20Posted by Gorewolf

Well maby cause you fastly outgear it by now it was tuned around ToS gear without the netherlight crucible.
Green fire was a joke also after ToT (wich it was tuned for)

I did almost all of them which I desperately wanted shortly after they came out.
18/04/2018 19:16Posted by Robbie
17/04/2018 14:33Posted by Semivivus
Having so much struggle with the frostmage magetower... And that's sad because it's beautiful

Im sorry but at 950 ilvl you should easly faceroll it i never played frost only spcced it to get the skins and fairly easly got it with 930ilvl without any frost legendaries

If it hasn't occured to you already, the tower comes down to more than just itemlevel(though I hope you secretly already know that). "Should easy faceroll" is such a narrow-minded sentence, and usually said to make one self feel better. I really don't understand this need to belittle people for not managing what you do. You probably have some things you are terrible at too, and I bet you don't need others to tell you that, or gain anything from being told how terrible you are.
18/04/2018 20:27Posted by Aylish
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If it hasn't occured to you already, the tower comes down to more than just itemlevel(though I hope you secretly already know that). "Should easy faceroll" is such a narrow-minded sentence, and usually said to make one self feel better. I really don't understand this need to belittle people for not managing what you do. You probably have some things you are terrible at too, and I bet you don't need others to tell you that, or gain anything from being told how terrible you are.

I would agree here. It took me 11 minutes to beat Sigyrn on a 950 warlock, it took 12 minutes on a 930 pali and 13 minutes on a 910 mage.
The extra ilvl helps, yes, but these challenges WILL KILL YOU if you just try to faceroll them.
Kruul - Everything will kill you if you do not play right.
Tugar - You will be stunlocked to death if you do not play right.
Twins - You will be killed in 2 hits if you do not play right.
Agatha - Lot more lenient than others but you will be brought down to 10% health if you stand under boulders or ignore imps.
Sigyrn - There are so many one shot mechanics in this fight, it is a fight about mechanics
Xylem - You can stand in the darkness for a couple more seconds and deal with adds easier in P2, but apart from that there mechanics which will kill you if you just try to faceroll.
Blackrook - The last phase is actually harder the higher your ilvl because of mechanics.

None of these challenges can be facerolled , while yes they do become easier with higher ilvl and some mechanics which should kill will not insta-kill, you still have to play by the mechanics and do them, or die.
My progress at all:

- Fury (done): i did it during ToS content, at about 910 / 915 ilv, it took me about 40 tries.

- Arms (done): did it shortly after Fury at roughly the same ilv, it took about 6/7 tries, i had the Eroic Leap leggo so i skipped almost entirely the intermission phase and the icycle circles in the frost phase.

- Protection (not done): I didn't even tried this so far, i don't tank since Cataclysm, si i don't know if i could get it, maybe i will try it in the future, maybe.

Elemental (done): at roughly 925 ilv, with not really the best leggos (mid level), about 20 tries, i took the BL for when the fights it become risky (at about 20% of Agatha's health, the longer the fight it goes, the more is hard to handle the imps).

- Outlaw Rogue (done): this one took alot from me, about 76 tries, rougly at 925 ilv, 1 leggo of i remember (Shivarra's Symmetry). The best here is to go with Slice'n Dies instead of Roll the Bones, Grand Melee buff is very strong here, but gated behind so many RnG, try RtB if you want but i suggest SnD. Atleast at low ilv (less then 935 i believe).

Unholy DK (Done): this one surprised me, i did it at the first try, with 908 ilv, and only 1 leggo, i didn't even changed the talent because i forgot it before enter the scenario (XD). It's been so easy for me, the Virulent Plague dot is so strong, the Imps can't deal with it, i used the CDs at coldown, without keeping them for specific moments, i was in the other side of the room, cause she teleported away, when she died. As said, the Virulent Plague is very strong.

SIDE NOTE: i entered the scenario with Defile instead of the Dark Arbiter talent, that's because i usually don't raid with the DK and Defile always was my baseline choise. This probably helped alot, i kept it fpr Imps and then Defile + Outbreak, then cleace with Scourge Strike, most of the times it required just one cleave before the imps was dead, but Defile is a pretty good talent here.

Affli Lock (done): did it with 920 ilv, no slow ring, only Kil'Jeaden and Agony hood. I had to use Mortal Coil when the first brother cast Purgatory for skipping the intermission and make the second brother attackable, so i burned him down the fast as i can, still keeping an eye at the adds spawn. It required about 15 tries.

Demonology (done): Ok, it required some tries here, about 30...but because of a very big noob mistake: the only reason i failed it so many times is because i forgot that Demonology STILL HAVE Drain Life...wich is needed in some moments of the fight. LEL
Did at about 925 ilv, no Demon leggo, just Prydaz and Army ring (the other leggos i have are for Affli or are generic).

Destro Lock (done): as above, did in the same day of the Demonology one, same ilv, same leggos.
Was easy, it required for me about 7/8 tries to undestand how the fight exactly works (i read guides, but reading them and try them are different things). Drain Life required in the last phase for me, about 2 / 3 casts through it.

Assa Rogue (done): Easy, 3 tries, about 930 ilv and Ravenholdt + Army leggos.
Blind on Silgryn when she casts Blood of the Father, always damaged the caster enemy, used Kingsbane for breaking his shield to interrupt the Knowledge one-shot cast.
Tip: for this fight ALWAYS do the fight mechanics, for my eye this fight is the most mechanical one (counting only the DPS scenarios). Don't care your ilv, don't care your dps (the dps requirement for this fight is pretty low). It is an easy fight, BUT if you don't do the mechanics you will never pass it.

These are the challenges that i did by far, right now i'm very in trouble with the Sub Rogue one, all nice amd safe until the final phase, i can't kill the last of the 2 adds before he eventually steps into the void zone and i can't kill it before the Cloack of Shadow immunity it fades away, then kaput.
Any advice aprreciated :D
17/04/2018 15:52Posted by Shïva
I'd call you a scru... a few things for not being able to finish such easy task. But I don't want to be rude.
1. Look up a youtube vid for your particular class and spec
2. Do exactly the same as the guy in the video
3. ??????
4. Profit

Completed 17 January 2018. Please tell me more about how good you are in comparison to him. Youre a scrub in all sense of your own flawed logic. Calling it easy while having it done nearly a year after release.

Not to mention you have to face Xylem and Agatha as warrior dps. In your case as arms its xylem. Which happens to be a faceroll encounter in every sense of the word.

As for the OP: Check the guides that were linked and acquire more ilvl if you want a nerf. Ilvl makes the challenge mode run incredible easy regardless of class/spec.