Keep going Ion, you are awesome!

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
28/04/2018 12:25Posted by Toohottodot
I think there needs to be a mix of skills

This I can agree with. What about CD's having their own gcd so they can't be stacked? Would that work for you people who are on the short end of this stick?
28/04/2018 12:15Posted by Thedice
28/04/2018 09:50Posted by Toohottodot
Speed of thought, reaction times, decision making, coordination are all made considerably easier if you remove the ability to use several skills simultaneously. Coupled with the further removal of spells in the name of getting wow ready for cons...cough ermmm 'class fantasy'. And you have a slow, sluggish experience comparatively.

I love it. Elitists can gtfo. No one cares about you not even the devs, go find another game for your validation.

Elitist.
With a best performed average of 32.3 I guess you mean most people then.
Allied races acould not have been handled in any worse way. Super grindy and time consuming unlock. Very poor customization, the allied races per race look way too similar to one another no matter what you pick. Some of the racials are simply useless even as flair (Mag'har pet racial prime example, useless even as pet class). Have to also mention Void Elves pulled from under the rock with no lore at all, while option was High Elf, same body type, with a ton of lore and already perfect integration with Alliance, bigger population etc.

These decisions that make my blood pressure rise just makes me not trust the WoW team, I'm honestly scared if I can enjoy BfA but I have hope. Kul-Tiran male body builder, Kul-Tiran female a lazy fatty? So the male is the monster hunter they advertise them as, and the female is the fatass handling the cooking at home never leaving home? At least give them body type OPTIONS sigh...
I think he should be fired or possibly jailed.
Meh, cba reading into all of the changes but straight off the bat, GCD changes are just more blocks on the simplification/homogenization tower.
28/04/2018 06:17Posted by Deunn
Even Ion didn't said that this is what the players wanted.

They are well aware of all the negative feedback they've had but this has never deterred them from going in a direction they feel is right. Even if some players in this thread want to delude themselves that some mythical majority want the changes, at the very least the developers have acknowledged it is an unpopular change in the last Q&A.

However, we are going to all have to live with it because rarely anything that gets negative feedback is changed.
28/04/2018 14:00Posted by Punyelf
Even if some players in this thread want to delude themselves that some mythical majority want the changes

I like how you completely missed the point of my original post. It's probably a minority ofc but the point was that no one here can make the claim that majority thinks one way or another. Not a single one here has data or facts to back it up. And this is what Ion said in the previous Q&A but some people insist on spamming the forums with "but muh majority agrees with me and that's reason enough!".
The way Ion answers questions is actually very deceptive.

He'll never give you a straight answer on an important question. He'll start by explaining how the team sees things, how things were and how things will be. He'll acknowledge some of these changes might be bad, and then go right ahead and ignore why they're bad. Then he'll lean back and wait for the next question.

The GCD question was the most obvious example of a typical Ion reply. Deceptive, short-sighted and incomplete.

Q: Why are you adding GCD to everything?

A: When you're in a situation where you need to do A and B, and you can do both in quick succession, the element of choice is removed. To encourage choice, we're making A and B not compatible.

Sounds good right? Oh, they're encouraging choice! Choice is good!
Only... he's omitting every reason ever mentioned why adding the GCD might aversely affect gameplay.

- Your personal reaction speed won't matter as much anymore since the game only permits one action anyhow. That skill element is removed.
- You might die or lose a fight because RNG put you in a bad spot and the GDC prevented you dealing with it. This will feel bad.
- Cooldowns all waste their first 1 second because you can't use them and immediately cast skills affected by them.
- Haste stacking becomes important for classes that need fast reactions, even if haste is bad for their actual output.
- It slows down gameplay and makes fights feel sluggish and non-responsive.

But Ion glazed over all of these with 'It's to encourage choice' and that community manager happily gives it the pass and proceeds to the next question

Q: Why can't we get High Elves?

A: Aha, now this is an easy one, let me go into way too much detail here because obviously, this question is pertinent to the future of WoW-gameplay.
28/04/2018 15:01Posted by Aedrion
- Your personal reaction speed won't matter as much anymore since the game only permits one action anyhow. That skill element is removed.

What personal reaction speed is there when you're macroing two skills together. It's a one button in the end.

- You might die or lose a fight because RNG put you in a bad spot and the GDC prevented you dealing with it. This will feel bad.

Valid point and I agree.

- Cooldowns all waste their first 1 second because you can't use them and immediately cast skills affected by them.

Not a worthwhile loss since the change affects everyone.

- Haste stacking becomes important for classes that need fast reactions

They want to do away with reaction based gameplay. This was given, you're not supposed to work around the changes but embrace them.

- It slows down gameplay and makes fights feel sluggish and non-responsive

This is subjective whether it's a bad or a good thing. Some people do like slow and tactical. We don't all have reaction speed of a 10 year CS:GO veteran.
27/04/2018 07:55Posted by Zim
- Followers and missions will still be in BfA
- AP grind stays
- Netherlight Crubicle stays and becomes more important than in Legion
- Paragon reputations stay

Where exactly did he mention Netherlight Crucible being in BfA?

Am i missing something. Or are you basically wrong about what you refer to. And you actually mean the AP traits becoming passives / or some talents for classes?
28/04/2018 11:52Posted by Ayellin
I know for a fact that this is not true for paladin even the horse is on the GCD in the beta. I have not tested much of the other classes and i am not on the computer with wow atm so cant log in and see for myself atm

Horse is on GCD at live already, as is bubble, eye for an eye, sanctuary, bop and freedom.

Stuff not on GCD right now are Explodeyshield and LoH and who cares about LoH, can't use it in rated pvp anyway.

Wings are the only thing not currently on GCD on paladin that will probably be on it, and I'm very curious about how wings on GCD lessens the skill requirement, so anyone with insight feel free to tell me.
28/04/2018 15:26Posted by Thedice
This is subjective whether it's a bad or a good thing. Some people do like slow and tactical. We don't all have reaction speed of a 10 year CS:GO veteran.
You clearly just indicated it's a bad thing. Lower skill cap = scummy game.
Deunn, the way you quote 1/4 of the sentences people write is cancer, stop it.
28/04/2018 14:49Posted by Thedice
28/04/2018 14:00Posted by Punyelf
Even if some players in this thread want to delude themselves that some mythical majority want the changes

I like how you completely missed the point of my original post. It's probably a minority ofc but the point was that no one here can make the claim that majority thinks one way or another. Not a single one here has data or facts to back it up. And this is what Ion said in the previous Q&A but some people insist on spamming the forums with "but muh majority agrees with me and that's reason enough!".

I am well aware of that but claiming the majority are happy with the changes is just as bad.

Ion at least acknowledged it's not popular.
What personal reaction speed is there when you're macroing two skills together. It's a one button in the end.

Do you macro Heroic leap and Bloodthirst together?

This is exactly what I mean, it's NOT that simple. We're not talking about macro's here, we're talking about the ability to use a utility or movement skill and RIGHT after or during, be able to use an ability that in some way aids in the fight too.

Like druids wild charge that leaps me to an ally, and while I'm flying, I'm casting a HoT, or as soon as I'm in range, I swiftmend the tank. Nobody's going to macro that.

Not a worthwhile loss since the change affects everyone.

Alright, let me just punch you in the face, but don't worry, I'll punch everybody in the face, not just you, so it won't hurt.

They want to do away with reaction based gameplay. This was given, you're not supposed to work around the changes but embrace them.

Reactions to situations, reflexes, timing and quick thinking are CORE part of this game. If you wanna play a game that doesn't require reactions, play a turn-based game.

28/04/2018 15:26Posted by Thedice

Go into mythic raiding and see how slow and tactical it is.

It bothers me that Ion gets a pass for being very bad at defending poor design choices.
28/04/2018 16:21Posted by Aedrion
Do you macro Heroic leap and Bloodthirst together?

This is exactly what I mean, it's NOT that simple. We're not talking about macro's here, we're talking about the ability to use a utility or movement skill and RIGHT after or during, be able to use an ability that in some way aids in the fight too.

Like druids wild charge that leaps me to an ally, and while I'm flying, I'm casting a HoT, or as soon as I'm in range, I swiftmend the tank. Nobody's going to macro that.

How is that even a "skill factor" though? It's just pressing 1 and 2 simultaneously instead of pressing 1 and then pressing 2 after a gcd determined duration.

Remember when hamstring was not in global?
It was actually easier to use than it is now, essentially lowering the skill factor in using hamstring because you would just spam it inbetween rotation clicks and you didn't need to think about applying it at all.

The way you talk about GCD makes it sound like it's 5 seconds or something.
28/04/2018 16:07Posted by Punyelf
is just as bad

That's the joke. But let's not argue about that, I just tried to point out that when we have people who think these changes are good because they'd prefer slower combat and lower skillcap and others who think the opposite because they like fast and reactionary we're pretty much at the end of discussion. We can't argue preference. So then people start bringing in the "majority" as an argument and after the 7.3.5 leveling discussion I'm grumpy. Sorry, I was being a dick back there. Sometimes this forum just really kills me inside you know.

Reactions to situations, reflexes, timing and quick thinking are CORE part of this game.

Says who? Because last time I checked it was plain pve that was the core game and that comes in many forms, hopefully in such that it caters to us all.

Go into mythic raiding

No that's a !@#$show with too little rewards I gave up back in WotLK. Never again.
So Ion shares your love of boosters ralph?
With the rate WoW is going, pretty soon even Logging in and selecting a character will be on the GCD

I'd say Ion needs to be stopped before he ruins the game but I'm fairly sure he's already at that point.
29/04/2018 11:39Posted by Wookake
I'd say Ion needs to be stopped before he ruins the game but I'm fairly sure he's already at that point.

I think he's just turning the wheel back. Many people have been asking for that too. These changes feel like cleaning the table and starting fresh. The system has been bit convoluted for awhile now.