This is why Vanilla will fail.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8
03/05/2018 12:11Posted by Shogath
Feldaril:
Much tantrum...
Oooh ... much Vanilla anger in you there is my young lolawan. Touch you badly it has, this Vanilla?

Not a single #NoChanges in your post? Your vanilla fanboy license is revoked!

03/05/2018 18:28Posted by Ashix

Sorry I just think you’re a moron wasting your time here. Your ignorant opinions can !@#$ off.

Whoa dude, way to go! You sure showed me there!

03/05/2018 13:32Posted by Агграэль
casual-oriented gameplay

Where is your multiple mythic clears and cutting edges from every Legion raid? Why didn't you faceroll the top end content of this casual-oriented game? Oh wait, let me guess, it was too easy you just didn't find it worth your time, right?

03/05/2018 13:38Posted by Агграэль

I know it may be hard to believe for a casual like you, but some people enjoy long and hard levelling process. Also modern standars are !@#$.

You call me a casual for not preferring the endless grind which requires neither strategy nor any amount of skill. So ironic it hurts.

By the way, first you say

03/05/2018 13:32Posted by Агграэль

ROFL not going to discuss it with you anymore.

And then you reply again with

03/05/2018 13:38Posted by Агграэль

Wasn't it you who said "once people realize how terrible the "features" in Vanilla are in todays standards (especially leveling and gearing a character)"?
Looks like you are claiming that vanilla fans don't actually remember vanilla features and levelling process.

I know it may be hard to believe for a casual like you, but some people enjoy long and hard levelling process. Also modern standars are !@#$.

You thought you wanted to stop discussing, but apparently you didn't.

You think you do, but you don't!

Brack is proven right once more!
Where is your multiple mythic clears and cutting edges from every Legion raid? Why didn't you faceroll the top end content of this casual-oriented game? Oh wait, let me guess, it was too easy you just didn't find it worth your time, right?

This has been discussed here a lot. Everyone should know that content is hard in high difficulty setting in modern WoW, but what makes it casual is that the game has difficulty options. Sure you can play it hardcore, but the game gives also options to play very casually and still walk around in epics. It's just whole different game. Haven't read the thread through, but I'm pretty sure Classic will be success at least a little. I mean Blizzard will be + in dollars compared to not have done it and gamers will have had chance to play the first installation of the game again.
Feldaril:
03/05/2018 12:11Posted by Shogath
...Oooh ... much Vanilla anger in you there is my young lolawan. Touch you badly it has, this Vanilla?

Not a single #NoChanges in your post? Your vanilla fanboy license is revoked!
Prove difficult that will, my young chagrin-awan ... since a member i never was! .....mmmmm!
A simple way to solve this would be to have a separate subscription for Classic WoW. That way all the retail players won't bother with it and we only get people who actually want vanilla.
those who belive classic will be "old vanilla" they are stupid...
no one knows how classic will be till they release some info

it can be vanilla content with lots of improvements in gameplay or what ever but i doubt it will be that 25 year old game
04/05/2018 16:00Posted by Flayed
A simple way to solve this would be to have a separate subscription for Classic WoW. That way all the retail players won't bother with it and we only get people who actually want vanilla.
No, you'd get people that can afford it.

Classic belongs in current sub and should be available to everyone without constantly switching subs... its a stupid idea.
04/05/2018 17:02Posted by Highthc

it can be vanilla content with lots of improvements in gameplay or what ever

Because its clear what is improvement for everyone and "improve" is something objective no one would be against, right?

(No, it's actually not)
not really seeking nostalgia since alot of us have been playing vanilla for years on private servers and still think its a better experience.
05/05/2018 11:10Posted by Cheapshots
not really seeking nostalgia since alot of us have been playing vanilla for years on private servers and still think its a better experience.

I completely agree.
30/04/2018 19:55Posted by Arcarov

However - a suspicion shared by many - a lot of players will not make it past level 20, simply because the leveling is "too hard" or "not as they remembered". Resulting in a steep decline in population on many servers which cannot be solved easily within the Vanilla World of Warcraft. Crossrealming, server transferring and many more solutions to solve population issues should remain inaccessible for Vanilla. As time has proven; these features KILL realm population, faction balance and player/guild identity.

How would you solve this problem? I honestly don't know. But lets hear it! (for the slightest chance Vanilla devs are reading the forums ;)

That is an interesting concern. I would solve it with having unique player names & guild names across all realms from the beginning. Then blizzard can simply pull realms that are too low populated together with other realms.

But there are so many easy changes that could improve the community experience on current realms that are not done, that I am afraid they have lost all sense on how build a community experience and will try to solve it with some of the current systems.

of course there is no such thing as nostalgia for nostbabies who saw vanilla only on private funserver
05/05/2018 12:02Posted by Якякяк

of course there is no such thing as nostalgia for nostbabies who saw vanilla only on private funserver

Except I have the rank to prove I am an OG Vanilla kid and I totally agreed with him.

It's a new day Якякяк, did you not sleep well? I was hoping a good nights sleep would cleanse your toxicity.

Told you before, and I'll tell you again, being likened to Nost is an honor.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
05/05/2018 11:55Posted by Yessica

However - a suspicion shared by many - a lot of players will not make it past level 20, simply because the leveling is "too hard" or "not as they remembered". Resulting in a steep decline in population on many servers which cannot be solved easily within the Vanilla World of Warcraft. Crossrealming, server transferring and many more solutions to solve population issues should remain inaccessible for Vanilla. As time has proven; these features KILL realm population, faction balance and player/guild identity.

How would you solve this problem? I honestly don't know. But lets hear it! (for the slightest chance Vanilla devs are reading the forums ;)

That is an interesting concern. I would solve it with having unique player names & guild names across all realms from the beginning. Then blizzard can simply pull realms that are too low populated together with other realms.

But there are so many easy changes that could improve the community experience on current realms that are not done, that I am afraid they have lost all sense on how build a community experience and will try to solve it with some of the current systems.

Great suggestion! Easy to do, and would definitely help with merging realms later on.

Server transferring and server merging was surely a thing in vanilla. But let's look at the new Nost - Core project that coming in 23rd of June and how they are planning to handle it:
1. They expect 10 - 12 k players on launch and leveling experience is going to be terrible with that numbers.
2. So they releasing 2 servers instead of 1 to significantly reduce the insane over - flooding.
3. After a few months that people will be spread around the world and the numbers of players are reduced, the 2 realms are going to merge in 1.

Any population between 1000 - 3000 is perfect!

About crossrealm:
Crossrealm bgs became a thing in vanilla right before tbc came out and when the new honor system implemented. so its quite a decision for them to make. Now, zoning in another player's realm is a different story and came out long after crossrealm bgs.
In conclusion:
I really can't see a problem in a smooth launch experience and in managing population afterwards. I would be "scared" of it if we where talking about some amateurs running a private project, but blizzard can handle it really easy.
Start with many servers so its playable, when playerbase decrease simply merge servers.