Is Draenor levelling with the new scaling too hard?

General
It's not hard, it's just annoying from 90 to 91 then you steamroll the rest.
08/05/2018 19:29Posted by Punyelf
It's overtuned and frequently complained about and all you'll get from certain people is 'learn to play' or they never had any issue etc etc. It seems you need to get the addon handy notes and get all the treasures instead.
That's like people complaining the planes to America are in shambles and needs repairs now and they just get told there is a ferry... People want the planes fixed not hear in WoD's case "Lol fly and collect treasures! You don't have flying? Sucks to be you!". Which would be the case of people who get seasick on the ferry.
I'm about to hit Draenor on my alt and I'm scared from everything I've seen, including screenshots of the some of the mobs and their HP.

On the other hand, gosh, Aeula and Puny, so gorgeous in purple!! <3
07/05/2018 18:14Posted by Iggwilv
I’ve heard that priests do suffer - but having two at 110 already it’s quite a challenge levelling another (but I am trying coz I promised Cowculated).

Haha thank you

Yeah Priests suffer, there's no doubt about that.

Mages suffer too, however if you spec into Fire and use the talent 'Blazing Soul' you can certainly make things a bit easier, especially fighting one thing at a time.

Draenor is definitely slightly overtuned but some classes still blitz through the content. I remember taking my Hunter through after my Priest and seriously doubting myself because it felt like a cakewalk in comparison.
No, but in some places you might need the support of other players.
08/05/2018 20:47Posted by Destruct
08/05/2018 19:29Posted by Punyelf
It's overtuned and frequently complained about and all you'll get from certain people is 'learn to play' or they never had any issue etc etc. It seems you need to get the addon handy notes and get all the treasures instead.
That's like people complaining the planes to America are in shambles and needs repairs now and they just get told there is a ferry... People want the planes fixed not hear in WoD's case "Lol fly and collect treasures! You don't have flying? Sucks to be you!". Which would be the case of people who get seasick on the ferry.

And I totally agree, but in the mean time it's the best thing to do. I think it's ridiculous that they still haven't listened to the feedback about WoD levelling.
Plus a large number of objectives cannot be done, not alone anyway. Have to remember that with WoD lvling , character power decreases with each lvl gained, as in, you do less damage with each level gained, yet with the scaling mobs keep going up and up, making many things even impossible to do at a certain point. I get that some rich bastards can afford the crafted gear, but that's not for everyone.

Essentially, as zones scale up, your character power scales down(drastically), so the higher you go, the harder it becomes. Strangely enough, this is only in Warlords leveling phase, every other phase, like classic, TBC or Legion...damage goes up with each level.

Definitely treasure gathering all the way.
- Do quests until you can buy Garrison XP Pot and gather 500-600 Garrison resources, do all bonus objectives in Shadowmoon keeping 1 mob/object alive.
- Go to gorgrond, do introduction quests until you have an Outpost.
- Do all bonus objectives keeping 1 mob/object alive.
- Go back to Shadowmoon, drink XP pot and finish bonus objectives
- Hearth to Gorgrond and finish bonus objectives from north to south
- Do the introduction quest of Talador to unlock Sponge-thing bonus objective
- If you still have the XP pot active do all the bonus objectives, otherwise leave 1 mob/objective alive and use a new one to finish
- Go to spires, do the quests to unlock the outpost and choose the 20% xp boost
- Do bonus objectives and wanted quests if your class can solo them
- Go to Nagrand and do the last few quests / bonus objectives

I always do this and can finish Draenor in an afternoon
I've started the WoD part and with some heirloom stuff (weapons and +xp pieces) it's going smoothly for now.
Maybe the class helps idk but I've not had problems yet.
Not sure what alts you did but on my lock,prot warr it was easy.
Maybe a class with no prot or pet would have it a hard time..but then again thats maybe rogue..eveyone else has some self healing and dmg reduc
It's not hard, but loads of mobs are overtuned.

It's just extremely long and boring unless you do the treasures.

I don't find it fun to have to spend 10-15 seconds killing a single mob for the bonus objectives in which rewards like 2-3% as the damage output sucks compared to the mob health.