Nothing to do...

General
..and I don't mean grind.

No 'fun' left in the game and tired of thinking it will be different when I log on. For me the game is dead so time to move on. Many happy memories but the game now is a shadow of what it was.
08/05/2018 20:11Posted by Malfoy

No 'fun' left in the game and tired of thinking it will be different when I log on. For me the game is dead so time to move on. Many happy memories but the game now is a shadow of what it was.

Stop playing then, why do something you don't like? For fun?
Wait for classic servers seems like you will love them. Can't wait for them to implement them so all these complaining threads disappear.

For me Legion has been a very enjoyable expansion. And there is still plenty to do even now. And this comes from the guy that unsubbed in WOD after two months. That was a nothing to do expansion.
I recommend you to play Fortnite. It's pretty lit af.

Ok bye.
Only fun thing to do is being a bald human in Goldshire.
The best thing you do right now is prepare your alts for BFA or just wait for it! :)

Everything is a grind, especially raiding (same thing all over again every week), why do you even play this game?
No 'fun' left in the game

No surprise. This time has always withnessed a decline in players; it's end of the expansion + summer-like weather. Most people who were ambitious about something in the game prolly already achieved it by now and have better things to do out there.
This is your third "I'm quitting" during Legion that I'm aware of, Malfoy. Give it a rest.

Or your father will hear about it.
Completely agree with the OP. I'll be back to try BFA but I'll probably unsub after the first month is up... just seems like all of the spark has gone from the game..

it's just turned into a collection game
This is your 3rd or 4th one of these threads? Just leave.
If you don't have fun playing it, what makes you think it will be different once you log on again? :)

I simply don't log on until i really feel like playing it. Then there is always something to do once i log on. Especially in Legion.

But yeah, i know the feeling. Been there, done that.

"Remember to take all things in moderation (even World of Warcraft!)" :p
08/05/2018 20:17Posted by Dottie

Stop playing then, why do something you don't like? For fun?

I have. I've un-subbed :)
08/05/2018 21:04Posted by Andromeda
No 'fun' left in the game

No surprise. This time has always withnessed a decline in players; it's end of the expansion + summer-like weather. Most people who were ambitious about something in the game prolly already achieved it by now and have better things to do out there.

Yes, I am well aware of that (been playing since Vanilla). The game itself is dead and the structure (endless grind that is watered down every expansion) has lost all appeal. You used to be able to grind for something that made you useful but the nonsense that is being put in front of us now (and usually gated) is just getting silly. The amount of tactics employed by Blizzard to drag out the grinding while diluting the rewards has got to the point where you have to question wtf you do it, esp given that the game after that is empty and dead!

How about a War? Something interactive, something that evolves - I mean this game is so static now and the only developments nowadays are to do with grinding.

But, yes, yes don't worry I'm leaving - I'm sure you can't wait to see the back of me. But I so hope you're all genuinely enjoying the game because I wouldn't like to think that you guys, aka the 'forum police', who seem to sit on the forums more than the game and do nothing but defend how great the game is, yet here you are watching the forums like bored housewives, makes one wonder. Something tells me you guys don't like the game too but don't have the balls to admit it - either that or you actually get enjoyment from 'playing' the forums. Well, as long as you're getting some value for your money :)
08/05/2018 20:20Posted by Dudas
Wait for classic servers seems like you will love them. Can't wait for them to implement them so all these complaining threads disappear.

For me Legion has been a very enjoyable expansion. And there is still plenty to do even now. And this comes from the guy that unsubbed in WOD after two months. That was a nothing to do expansion.

No mate I don't want the vanilla servers back. There is no going back - was asked to play on the pirate server but I kept saying that you can't go back. You can't relive those memories. Wouldn't interest me in the slightest, it's the people who are different now (not just the game) and of course different times.
08/05/2018 20:31Posted by Noscope

Everything is a grind, especially raiding (same thing all over again every week), why do you even play this game?

It's how much you are prepared to grind and for what reward.

During vanilla you would grind for items that would make a marked difference to your performance, for both PVE and PVP, and there was much more in vanilla, much more going on - seems kids these days are happy to grind anything (borderline sadistic) beeeeeeeeeecause …."we're meant to grind ...dummy!" :/

Each expansion saw the grind amount go up and the value of reward diminish. Lol for god's sake you even have to grind talents now/AP … How about when we hit max level, which should be an achievement, we're as effective as we can be (minus equipment) you know, like Vanilla? But no Blizz think "hold on guys we can reduce their old max level effectiveness and then make them grind it back, so lets cut their max level effectiveness down by X % and then get them to grind the rest up, that way they'll spend more time in the game ...grinding!" Perfect, and they can get away with it every expansion, why? Because "we're meant to grind ...dummy!"

I guess people are just getting more and more stupid and more and more bored with real life that they would prefer to do mundane !@#$ in a game instead. ...while the world burns ehh?
08/05/2018 23:37Posted by Malfoy
I guess people are just getting more and more stupid and more and more bored with real life that they would prefer to do mundane !@#$ in a game instead.

Or to stay subbed to a game only to trashtalk on its forum, who knows.

A shadow of itself?

As opposed to what? Have you seen the grind in all expacs?

I just share my way of doing things at the moment as an explanation.

At the moment I am logging into my main character maybe once or twice a week. The reason is simply because if none of my friends or guildies are online to play some M+ or run through Antorus I have nothing to do with that character, just like you.

However, the difference between us is that I am not working towards a specific goal in terms of character improvement. I just play while talking to my friends to pass time and reload my batteries. I found that playing WoW for the sole sake of getting more gear or reaching certain rankings or values does not make me happy. In fact, sometimes it strikes me how "meaningless" playing this game is, especially if I see a 15 year old who invents some cool stuff while I am sitting here playing video games instead of improving the world (those are not my happiest moments obviously).
So what I do is simply enjoying myself and I can do that by talking about anything I like to talk about with friends, the topics do not even have to belong to the game, or throw myself into a challenge with them.

If you do not have friends in WoW anymore I can understand that trying to find new ones can be quite a hassle. However, the choice you make is to either enjoy simply playing the game and trying to find other you can enjoy playing it with or you unsubscribe and go on to do other awesome things.

Whatever you decide to do next, have fun and good luck!