Question about Elite Gladiator Ensembles

General
Hello, I've recently made the decision to try and pursue the mythical beast that is 2k rating, as I've developed a keen interest in obtaining the Elite ensemble. My question is what is the window of time that I have until the sets become unavailable? Do I have to get 2k between now and pre-patch, or between now and BFA release, or even sooner?
-Thanks in advance.
There's usually a 2 weeks notice and the pre-patch is 2 months away give or take and season 7 started a little under 2 months ago so it's most likely gonna run all the way till the pre-patch in july.
between now and the season ending, which typically happens the night before the next patch comes out, which in this case would be the pre-patch. so basically you have until the pre-patch.

the way rating works in this game is that it gradually inflates as the season goes on and then resets when a new one starts. 2000 rating right now is significantly higher than it was right at the end of season 6, so don't be discouraged if you're very far off initially because by the end of the season you will have climbed 100-200 rating or so without actually getting any better.

use this time now to practice, and of course climb as high as you can. don't worry about actually reaching 2000 rating until you get to the last few weeks of the season.
06/05/2018 16:14Posted by Retier
between now and the season ending, which typically happens the night before the next patch comes out, which in this case would be the pre-patch. so basically you have until the pre-patch.

the way rating works in this game is that it gradually inflates as the season goes on and then resets when a new one starts. 2000 rating right now is significantly higher than it was right at the end of season 6, so don't be discouraged if you're very far off initially because by the end of the season you will have climbed 100-200 rating or so without actually getting any better.

use this time now to practice, and of course climb as high as you can. don't worry about actually reaching 2000 rating until you get to the last few weeks of the season.

Thank you for the kind and reassuring words, I am glad that I have somewhat a big window of time to try and make it happen. Cheers!