Make russians play against russians, please

Battlegrounds
They lag.
Have the enormous advantage of no language barrier on their teams on a multinational server, which allows them to strategize.
They have incomprehensible names that can't be used in macros.
Most people say that they cheat [Which I haven't noticed], but if even the world doesn't want them on the olympics for cheating, then there must be some truth to it.

Just please make them queue against other russians.
Or give us the option to not queue against them.
They should be mixed with the rest of us in bgs.
I don't have any of your problems with them. Also lol'd at this 'strategize' thing. Pretty sure they just say same things like 'LM inc' etc. Also why do you wanna put enemy russian name in your macro?
05/05/2018 17:46Posted by Keldrum
I don't have any of your problems with them. Also lol'd at this 'strategize' thing. Pretty sure they just say same things like 'LM inc' etc. Also why do you wanna put enemy russian name in your macro?

Ya I laughed at that too, given the amount of "strategizing" that goes on in random BGs(the "you all suck" strategy being a common one).

The names and macro thing is a laugh too, like anyone ever does that in randoms, might as well have just come clean and said they play better and I always lose to them, and even that wouldnt be true.
at the very least, Blizz could fix the god damn fonts.

"hey, attack the healer named ???????" does not really work
05/05/2018 19:39Posted by Forumalt

Your computer needs to have the cyrillic fonts, its not Blizz, also the BG enemies add on puts their names into western letters if that helps
05/05/2018 13:06Posted by Hazelwood
Have the enormous advantage of no language barrier on their teams on a multinational server, which allows them to strategize.

That's a laughable argument coming from the faction where no one even say anything at all in BG chat.
Also I guess it explains why the french are so good at BGs... Bwahaha, sorry, couldn't say it with a straight face. (I'm french so it's really self derision btw)

They have incomprehensible names that can't be used in macros.

Ah yes, I too write throw away macros during BGs rather than using addons. (This was sarcasm. I don't.)

05/05/2018 19:39Posted by Forumalt

A list of the enemies in the BG (ala battleground enemies) should become baseline. Having to tell people without addons who the healers are is not practical, russians or not.

BTW most of the fonts issues are caused by addons too. That's the problem when you essentially rely on random incompetent third parties to fix your game's UI for you, the quality is just not up to snuff.
but I like killing russians in battlegrounds...
I personally have no issues. they use different tactics than EU players as well.
From what I understood the Russian servers are small so there's not enough players around to have them just facing each other. Just like the Italians, French, Germans, Spanish and Portuguese doesn't just face their own language group. Some are even merged with the rest of eu since their servers are just too small... and speaking about that...

For those that want to play with them, well, give it some time and perhaps your wish will be granted. Of course it will because the playerbase has shrunk (most likely not just the Russian) so I'm not sure you should be celebrating that too much.
And if you do get to play with them you will discover that they, like most players, don't communicate much. Not even in their own language.

If you find some that cheat then report them. No special treatment for anyone in that regard.
05/05/2018 19:36Posted by Kallan
05/05/2018 17:46Posted by Keldrum
I don't have any of your problems with them. Also lol'd at this 'strategize' thing.

Ya I laughed at that too, given the amount of "strategizing" that goes on in random BGs(the "you all suck" strategy being a common one).

Being able to understand when someone says "Need help at blue gate" already puts you in an overwhelming advantage, as from what I've seen 40%+ ppl playing on EU servers don't speak a word of english.
05/05/2018 13:06Posted by Hazelwood

I play on russian servers. There is much less chatting than on EN servers. No need to strategize. Ppl know what they have to do. Also, the language thing is a joke right? You think spanish ppl or whatever don't know the words "Inc", "Go to", "mine"?
I dont think there would be a difference between multinationality and a fully English bg group on alliance atleast when noone listens when i tell them that the flag carrier on the bg is going down the gy side..
06/05/2018 17:01Posted by Bankizwei
No need to strategize. Ppl know what they have to do.

This is something that really makes me wonder. How they know what they have to do? Are all of them RBG experienced? Sure there might be some random noobs there too. How do they know?

I noticed the same thing while playing on German server. (I moved my alts there). People do not talk at all, in the same time they follow some particular movement pattern. For example WSG, our entire team went for enemy flag. Of course I went with them, what else, but how they all decide to do this without saying a word?
Weird.
Russians are good cause most of the times they are really coordinated.

It might not be a popular opinion, but russians are just way better at playing this game in teams than europeans or americans are.

I believe that every russian has the mod KillTheHealer in bg's
07/05/2018 07:04Posted by Ternezia
I noticed the same thing while playing on German server. (I moved my alts there). People do not talk at all, in the same time they follow some particular movement pattern. For example WSG, our entire team went for enemy flag. Of course I went with them, what else, but how they all decide to do this without saying a word?
Weird.

Its just routine isnt it, if I went into AB now on EU Alliance, I can tell you with about 90% accuracy exactly where what proportion of people will go out of the gate, 1 person will go get ST and probably leave, 2-3 will go to the mine, all the rest will go to the LM, if on Horde subsititute ST for farm, and mine for BS, same proportions of people.

EotS is predictable too isnt it, so is Gilneas, every now and then one person can decide to go for a different base, and sometimes others will just follow, I try to do this with BS at start of AB, sometimes people follow, most of the time not.
07/05/2018 09:12Posted by Kallan
Its just routine isnt it, if I went into AB now on EU Alliance, I can tell you with about 90% accuracy exactly where what proportion of people will go out of the gate, 1 person will go get ST and probably leave, 2-3 will go to the mine, all the rest will go to the LM, if on Horde subsititute ST for farm, and mine for BS, same proportions of people.

IMO this routine has some reasons. I also felt that it's convenient to go from ST to the right, not to the left (mine) - that, if we do it spontaneously. It is some kind of inner sense of direction, don't know how to phrase it, and going to the left feels clumsy.
For Horde maybe there's psychological factor that "lm is difficult to reach" so the most direct and visible path is BS and mines. Also someone mentioned that Farm is very precious to them, which appeared to be true. Funny that losing ST for ally often doesn't cause any drop in morale.
Yeah, this "routine" evolves over time but tends to always be the same.

If you want to make a difference, don't follow the routine. Figure which important thing your team is not doing and do that.

For instance, in AB an as alliance, it may be something like "be the only one to contest bs at the beginning even if all you can achieve is delay its capture"

What I've noticed when playing against russians is they all do this kind of things. They don't leave any objective unchallenged.

For instance when playing silvershard mines as horde, I usually go to cap and defend water. Against non russians, it might never be attacked.

Against russians, they will pick the berserker buff on the ledge and drop on you from the ledge every time.

If anything, Russians should be used as an example of how to correctly play BGs.
05/05/2018 15:09Posted by Samingwary

This would be the best solution imo.
It is not like if the players say anything useful to each other 95% of the time
According to my experience:
RU Horde > EU Horde = RU Alliance > EU Alliance.

The whole problem is that RU Horde (who usually happen to be well coordinated and also have high average skill) is dominating over EU Alliance.

I don't know the reasons. But guys. Stop whining.
Play better, do objectives. Deal damage/healing and cc in teamfights.

Stop going in ended teamfight vs whole enemy team one by one. Learn to regroup.
(thats actually a major Alliance BG issue - we have 1/2 team on graveyard and two our DPS are running into whole enemy team, dying there and blaming our healers)

Find friends and play with them. Grouping up with 3-4 not bad players increase your chances to win.

Stop blaming the game for your loss.
Yes, factions are not balanced. Language brackets are not balanced.
But if you want to win, do whatever you can to win.

And stop doing BGs while watching movies
(seriously, when I'm playing my horde rogue toon, i'm capping 30% arathi flags just by right clocking without cc: ppl who defend flags ae just staying semi-afk.)
Hello guys first post here for years, main account banned back in 2008 for telling people how it is in bg forum ;)
07/05/2018 13:01Posted by Eosferon
05/05/2018 15:09Posted by Samingwary

This would be the best solution imo.
It is not like if the players say anything useful to each other 95% of the time

Indeed. I remember when they were on our servers. On Misery battle group we had Warsong and Stonemaul iirc. I have good memories and met a few good people back then (Punksnotdead a rogue who taught me a lot on my new rogue, including some Russian, damn I wish I knew where he was now).

On topic. Russians: Either total steamroll vs them or very, very clever (compared to the EU players) and as Cry above me put it,
Play better, do objectives. Deal damage/healing and cc in teamfights.

I could post several examples of how they are cleverer than most EU, but i'm fairly certain you know what I mean. It's subtle things like sending tank or well geared player for simple reason of disrupting an attack and most players will try to kill him/her ignoring the base/objective. Another is baiting people away from bases - this happens so often it isn't funny! Stay at the base ffs!

Remove scoreboards? Possibly an idea to eradicate the dweebs sucking epeen. Lost count how many times i'm called out for low damage because i'm defending or healing because i'm healing the fc who isnt under attack or well geared etc.

Protect your healers, peel them. No question
React to reports, speak up!!
Look at map, constantly. As my old Army CO used to say "know your terrain and you will beat your enemy"
Look at players health in raid frames, see where needs help before if you can
Don't go solo attack unless totally obvious theres no one there (can be obvious if you know enemy setup)
Be a team player! Think of these random guys as your buddies
Learn to adapt to a constantly changing situation

Final thought. Everyone playing this game thinks they are teh bset playa ever and it can be humbling to get steamrolled by the Russians or anyone else for that matter.

Learn to get better. Don't get angry.

/ramble over