Cross realm

General
Are Legion zones cross realm'd already ?

It seems like everywhere is players from other servers these last few days

I must admit I hate it, because I'm alliance, just more horde everywhere in pvp realms
06/05/2018 19:48Posted by Shiftyeyes
I must admit I hate it, because I'm alliance, just more horde everywhere in pvp realms

Isn't that the point of a pvp realm? dont get me wrong in understand the frustration of being ganked by better leveled or equipped person, but it's you fault for chosing a pvp realm in the first place... But don't worry when BFA come, every server will have a "non-pvp" option.
Are Legion zones cross realm'd already ?

"Already"? We have a couple of months left of this expansion.
06/05/2018 20:37Posted by Jeanlain

Isn't that the point of a pvp realm? dont get me wrong in understand the frustration of being ganked by better leveled or equipped person, but it's you fault for chosing a pvp realm in the first place... But don't worry when BFA come, every server will have a "non-pvp" option.

i can't wait. i'm not on a pvp realm because i like pvp realms, i'm here because i ended up on this realm when i was looking for a guild. for me it's an annoyance that i tolerate, rather than something i want.

it's going to be nice to press the karazhan portal and not flip a coin as to whether i'll be dead when the loading screen ends depending on if the raid camping the portal is horde or alliance. it's going to be nice to be able to level up a character without having to have a friend help me cross-realm to a pve realm because you can't go half an hour without getting ganked by a max level player, often repeatedly.

i very much enjoy organised pvp, but world pvp can't go away soon enough as far as i'm concerned.
Legion zones have had cross realm since the beginning of the expansion, surely you've noticed it in the order halls? On high pop realms however you never notice it because we have enough players to turn it off in the zones.
06/05/2018 20:56Posted by Goruuk
Legion zones have had cross realm since the beginning of the expansion, surely you've noticed it in the order halls? On high pop realms however you never notice it because we have enough players to turn it off in the zones.

i seem to recall having it be cross-realm at night in early legion, so you're probably right.
06/05/2018 20:58Posted by Retier
06/05/2018 20:56Posted by Goruuk

i seem to recall having it be cross-realm at night in early legion, so you're probably right.

With Legion they've introduced new cross realm tech called sharding. It basicly load balancer. It tries to split players from multiple realms evenly on multiple instances of specific zone.
06/05/2018 20:37Posted by Jeanlain

20 vs 1 is not my fault for choosing a pvp realm, it got unbalanced since I started, it was 40/60 when I got here '2006', and that was fine, now I'm lucky to see an alliance, so no.. it is not MY fault, and I know pvp will be optional next expansion,

Usually current content zones is not crossrealmed before a new expansion or the big prepatch, ive seen other players before sure, my guess is they had joined a premade and was phased over to my realm

It is always crossrealm'd on reset day for some strange reason

If I seen anyone on any other day than reset day, my guess is they joined a premade and phased over, because there was never a lot from other servers before these last few days in a row
If the system detects a low player count sharding kicks in..mostly early morning and night times.

And as for the people in the world its players hping from WQ addons or people joind for pug raids and they get phased into the realm.

Currently the Legion content is not set fpr cross-realm by defult but once bfa hits us it will be.
07/05/2018 13:07Posted by Blurey
Currently the Legion content is not set fpr cross-realm by defult but once bfa hits us it will be.

That is also what I thought, but since reset day last Wednesday, it have been crossrealm 5 days in a row, I have never seen this before, if it happens 1 or 2 days, ye sure can happen by premades, but not 5 days in a row + never seen it all expansion like this until 5 days ago...

That is why I'm asking if it have already been crossrealm'd before next expansion
We are at the end of the expansion..preptach is month away..its all time low nothing shocking about it.Sharding is probably kicking in.