[Feedback] Deathknight

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I'd like to preface this post by saying it's ok to disagree with what I'm about to bring up, these are my opinions and conclusions following some intensive testing in beta.

I main deathknight on live currently and have been for a while but this topic is about BFA not live. That said I'll split this topic up according to the specs DK has and go over every issue I see with the class as it currently stands.

General

Movement speed

In general the DPS DK got some improvements regarding movement speed options. We got DA back baseline which is something I asked for in Legion alpha/beta and we now have a choice between 2speed increase options. A speed increase is far more useful and stronger than both of the other talents available to us in that row for DPS, making both abilities baseline would be an even greater benefit. We'd therefore need another talent in the T75 slot which would align itself better with the other two as it's mostly a survivability tier.
Blood on the other hand got the short end of the stick. Tanks now need to choose between being able to kite or having a strong movement speed boost. In my opinion it's even more important to have wraith walk (WW) baseline for blood because it just feels absolutely horrendous having to give WW up for the ability to kite.
With the current design philosophy the ability to kite in dungeons will be absolutely mandatory as well as raids which means Grip of the Dead is a set and forget talent. DA does not do the job of getting from A-B quickly enough and makes blood DK feel even slower than it is on live right now.
GCD

This topic is a big one and I probably wont be able to adress all of the issues this change brings with it, the clunkyness of combat, slowing down combat, making it boring, making you wait for ages to be able to start doing damage or resulting in a death because you were gcd locked.
Given it's a complex issue and requires us to look at certain abilities in more detail I'll adress this issue for every ability which poses a major problem, skipping over some as you really mean to implement this change.

Death Grip: this ability recently got changed to be on the gcd both for tanks and dps, the gcd incurred by this ability is .5s baseline without taking haste into account. However, whenever you need to grip something you most likely wont always do so at the start of combat which means you're going to grip after a normal gcd which is THREE times as long.
I'm sure you can start to see the problem here already but to make it even more clear I'll use the same example Blizzard used to justify their gcd change to begin with: The reliquary of souls fight.
You've created a situation where DKs now find themselves holding their abilities in order to grip something in immediately as the overall usefulness of grip hasn't changed. It still interrupts casts, moves mobs out of range of an aura, gets them in range of the raid group to target focus to death etcetc.
After extensive hours of testing, doing dungeons multiple times on repeat, raid testing etc I can safely say that this change does not feel good, isn't good for the health of the game and makes me not want to press the button entirely. I still find myself pressing the button with it not going off when I need it to only to finally grip that which I was supposed to way too late making the spell useless.
For tanks this brings an added deficit as grip is extremely useful in situations such as skittish, ninja pulls, gripping an add in that runs away in fear.. All of the above won't be possible or will be delayed at the very least because of the gcd change and tanks, above any other spec, is locked in that regard.
A deathknight is an immobile class, a juggernaut which grips targets to itself so as to counteract the lack of mobility, Grip being on gcd hinders this greately no matter how short the gcd incurred by the ability itself is. As mentioned above, this ability being on the gcd is a contradiction to your first statement about the gcd change overall (reliquary of souls fight).
I couldn't find the original link on the wow forums so here's a link from wowhead:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=282970/offensive-cooldowns-are-now-on-the-gcd-in-battle-for-azeroth

I'm going to mention some talents and abilities for frost now even though the spec hasn't recieved any changes on alpha/beta at all except for WW becoming a talent.
Pillar of Frost is now on the gcd as well and it feels absolutely horrendous. I've played my fair share of frost on beta even though it's the exact same as it is on live and pillar being on gcd does nothing for me. It doesn't give me any ressources, it doesn't give me a feeling of becoming more powerful since it's up so often, it doesn't make sense to be on the gcd at all.
Having pillar on gcd makes me feel like I've graduated from a young man in his prime killing a titan, defeating sargeras, kicking !@# and taking names in legion to an old man 1yr off retirement. The only thing this ability being on the gcd accomplishes is making combat even slower and halts my rotation to activate a flat damage bonus which I press on cd all the time anyway. This ability doesn't align with your official statement about offensive cooldowns either, see link above.

Empower runic weapon (ERW) and Hungering rune weapon got added to the gcd in the same patch which, to make this post a bit shorter, achieves the same goal as pillar being on gcd does.
It slows down combat for no reason and nerfs an already extremely weak talent which is breath of sindragosa. Breath used to be the most fun playstyle we had across all specs but has since been removed from two and never really used in frost either.
Without looking at the tuning and aoe nerfs breath recieved, erw being on the gcd nerfs that ability even more and makes the playstyle even more clunky if that talent just so happens to be good some time. Breath used to be a playstyle which you could extend depending upon your skill, the timing of the ability, the boss' positioning, trinkets, procs etcetc. It used to be a risk reward ability which could vary depending upon the caliber of player using the ability and the fight itself. Today it's a shell of its former self, a boring spender with a timer hanging above your head, hoping it doesn't fall off before you get to use all the ressources you have at your disposal. ERW is a major part of that damage window and with it being on the gcd it's physically impossible to use all ressources available to you to make it worth or work.

Obliteration is the most blatant example of a slowed down rotation for frost. In order to activate this buff, without taking into account talents, you need to spend a good 5-6s to start using it.
You open up with a pillar, on gcd, you then use your belf racial, troll racial or orc racial all of which are also on gcd, you might want to add in a remorseless winter, then go for obliteration after which you press your frost strike and FINALLY start chaining.
Let's count how many gcds we just spent before we can finally use the ability:
1, 2, 3,.... I fell asleep
The reaction to this change coupled with others mentioned above is obviously an exageration, I don't fall asleep while trying to activate this combo but I definitely want to log off after trying this twice let alone all night on a progression boss.

TLDR: regarding these frost abilities I would like to see some changes to how fast breath depletes your ressources which would make ERW on gcd less of a pain but have both pillar and obliteration come back OFF the gcd.

No matter how you slice it, no matter how many times the devs may deny it, BFA has a slow combat system which is only exacerbated by the lack of stats we have. Something a lot of people seem to overlook is the lack of secondaries on 3 pieces of gear, namely the azerite gear. We lose a lot of the natural flow your rotation would have without those and the necklace does not make up for it by any means. Keep in mind that the neck itself is your artifact weapon equivalent of Legion, something you won't ever replace but will gradually increase in power. This means that the stats on that neck not only need to 'make up' for the lack of stats given by your chest, shoulders and head but also the neck slot itself.
The GCD changes only add to this general lack of haste every single class has and makes it feel sluggish, slow and boring no matter how many seconds you add to a major cooldown to make up for the gcd itself.
Let's take a look at the specs in more detail and go over some of the talent issues.

Blood

As mentioned above we lack haste in general but blood is especially affected by this. During raid testing and dungeon testing I find myself locked into a three button rotation, namely marrowrend, bloodboil and deathstrike. Bone shield stacks disappear as fast as I can put them up and sometimes even disappear before I can reapply another couple of them.
Not only are we ability locked we're also gcd locked and RP starved. Blood is in an extremely bad spot as it currently stands and doesn't compete with any tank in my opinion because it'll just die if it tries to tank anything for a long period of time.
I get that the self sustain of blood can get through the roof, that blood is supposed to take more damage than other tanks due to how it works but it's impossible to feasibly tank much of anything currently without constant spot healing coming out of the healer and talents don't help with this at all.

Rune strike is a bad blood tap on a 1min cd which is on gcd and grants us a rune every 30s~ and could be used in combination with rune tap if not for the massive amount of setup involved as well as gcds. In order to effectively negate a massive hit you'd have to prepare for it 3-4s before it's even cast. This means you'll not be hitting any deathstrikes for a while and just get hammered into the ground.

Consumption is the artifact ability without the 10% leech and does no damage on beta currently. It won't ever be taken because of this fact.

Rapid Decomp would possibly be the most boring talent I've ever seen which has some synergy with a couple of other talents but gets eclipsed by another choice in the same row.

Mark of blood coupled with Bonestorm are potentially the worst talents available to blood currently. Mark of blood costs baseline 15RP less than a deathstrike, only applies to one target and only heals through auto attacks. If this applied in a single cast to multiple targets it might be a decent choice but as it stands it's terrible.
Bonestorm on the other hand can be fun for content you outgear or easy content and only in aoe situations. In any other situation you won't ever use it since the cost vs the reward you get out of it is too much of a difference. Your return on investment is never worth it in any content which matters.
Unholy

This spec has recieved multiple changes recently and it's been fairly fun to have a breath of fresh air regarding this spec. However some talents are extremely lackluster, boring or just not viable by any means.

T56 only really has 1 viable choice, more specifically Infected Claws (IC). All will serve is a dead talent, it has never worked and it will never work as long as you can't control the additional pet you recieve so just get rid of this talent altogether, replace it with something interesting and viable.
Clawing shadows (CS) is an interesting talent which will never be tuned properly for it has the potential to overshadow SS entirely and become mandatory. It's never been used for multiple reasons (not being able to pop two sores in 1 cast, ..) and it never will be unless its base damage is higher than SS by a mile.
This could actually be a viable option since CS doesn't scale with Pestilent Pustules (PP) while SS does. The clear difference would therefore be the pace of combat itself depending upon which one you choose.

T57 as mentioned above has multiple problems. Soul reaper is just a horrendous option no matter how many runes that talent gives, the cooldown on the ability as well as the damage do not justify it being taken over any of the other two options.
The problem with the other two is scaling of gear. The more gear/haste we get the better Harbinger of Doom will be while PP is the clear choice early on. This also has massive issues in aoe situations since the setup needed to get sores on multiple targets is very long and extremely expensive in terms of runes. The nerf IC recieved in this latest patch made it so you no longer passively apply them to multiple targets and therefore decreases the amount of PP procs you'll get in aoe situations resulting in you being frequently starved for runes while setting up your aoe sore bursting capabilities.

T60's Grip of the dead talent is lazy design and does not work whatsoever. You will NEVER use D&D to slow targets with and can even become a nuisance if taken. D&D for unholy is used to aoe down the sores you've put up on multiple targets, build up RP so you can spend it in the form of epidemic but never to slow targets. I'd much rather have a slow on outbreak like there used to be in the previous build rather than this talent.
It works for blood, it won't ever work for UH. Delete this talent and replace it with the previous or come up with something new for once.

T90 recieved a new talent option this tier as well in place of our army ghouls exploding namely Pestilence. This talent is instantly dead just because of the existence of Epidemic and it being an aoe RP spender which also triggers Runic Corruption. This talent is basically what our empowered ghoul used to do in aoe situations baked into a talent.
Once again lazy design which will never be taken, we don't even know how often it'll proc because of the wording of this talent.
In the meantime we have Defile in this row as well which does a little bit more damage than baseline D&D and a shorter cooldown but doesn't allow us to spend RP in aoe situations.
I therefore suggest you to make epidemic baseline for UH and add a ST option in this tier, something we severely lack.

T100 Army of the damned is a new talent in this row which replaced shadow infusion and now reduces the cooldown of apoc and army of the dead by an amount when you Epidemic or Death Coil (DC).
I like this talent but it doesn't scale or synergize with anything in the tree at all. However, if you made Epidemic baseline and added the corpse explosion talent back to T90 we'd have a solid option on our hands for ST and it would fix this lackluster talent.
Another issue with this is the fact that it reduces the cooldown of army which means you'll probably be able to use army multiple times depending upon fight length (at least during progress). Resulting in a degenerate playstyle which forces you to save up 3runes and cast a channeled ability for 6seconds without the posibility of casting a DC straight after it to maybe proc Runic corruption. If you don't proc that you'll be sitting around for a good 7seconds waiting for either a sudden doom proc so you can try again or for your runes to come off cooldown.
This happens quite often when testing this ability and makes me want to afk even more than I already do when playing UH, the slowest spec in the game in my opinion.
Frost

No changes for frost have been implemented still, we're still waiting and with the release date fast approaching and the time we have to test things diminishing every day I highly doubt we'll get anything good for frost especially when taking into account the gcd changes that affect the spec so much mentioned above.

Tuning

I've skipped over a few talents for UH since they mostly rely on tuning which has not yet been done but I will mention it regardless since it'll make or break some talents and setups we currently have access to.

Unholy currently relies heavily on its pets' damage which mainly comes from auto attacks (AA). The player himself also deals a hefty amount of AA damage and given tuning hasn't been done yet but will look similar to live this raises a very big problem to me.
If AA gets nerfed army will become almost useless and do about the same damage apoc does, our ghoul will do slim to no damage since we can't keep it in empowered form nearly as often anymore and our own damage will suffer from it too.
Notice how I didn't mention any of the other two options for the lvl100 row as they are currently horrendously tuned. Neither one of them is competitive with Army of the damned and gargoyle is a terrible version of valkyr which had some major issues.
You can't control your valkyr well enough on live, its range is not unlimited, it sometimes has to move midcast because the mob you're targeting is being moved out for whatever reason and it scales with haste which we already mentioned we have none of. Gargoyle does the same thing as valkyr however it's less powerful, scales worse, has a longer cooldown and a longer uptime.
It has the same uptime as bloodlust does which means you'll be spamming every single drop of RP you have up until it times out regardless of how many ressources you have at your disposal. After this 'burst' of damage you'll be left with nothing and enjoy the most degenerate playstyle in the game which is to watch your runes tick down so you can press an ability once every 7s. Unholy Frenzy is absolutely terrible, I wont even mention it.

I suggest you revert the change to gargoyle and just make it the same as valkyr, delete Unholy frenzy and replace it with another talent while buffing the damage to apoc by about 10x so it does 4% of my total damage across a 10min fight and not .5%. I'd also like to see army of the dead grant 40RP so I can cast a DC faster after having to waste my runes casting that ability mid fight.

I truly hope you manage to read through my entire post as it seems you haven't been taking any feedback into account whatsoever. Bring out the changes to frost immediately please so we can start testing it and not have to go through as much livetesting as we seem to be headed to currently.

Thank you
I concur on your remarks on Frost DK’s, haven’t played the other specs yet (primarily because I have played mostly Frost since Cata, and Blood-Frost hybrid in Wrath). It feels absolutely terrible to be barely able to use Obliterate, and if the idea is to push Horn and Empower whenever off the CD why bother with adding these buttons and this whole slugishness in the first place?

Not a big fan of Death’s Advance/Wraithwalk myself, would prefer it if the specific resistances went back to seperate abilities and/or Passive Talents - including giving Pillar of Frost a resistance effect again, like OP said Pillar is boring and unengaging atm.

And yeah, I’d really like my Darkriders getting their big twohanders back again istead of those dainty dual-wielding weapons.
Missing at least the option of Lichborne for Soloing vs the many boss mobs with Fearing ability (eg the Troll War God from Isle of Giants).

Previously, before the fights became so. Incredibly. Sluggish. you could at worst ‘just eat it’ but at 110 (! twenty levels and three Expansions later!) it takes so ffing long to wear those kind of mobs down that not only all adds hvae spawned back multiple times but you also can’t counter a clutch attack - and then start all over.

Pvp Trinkets no longer being basic items to pick up also doesn’t help.

So in short:

bring back Lichborne, it fits the DK and esp. Frost Knight Class Fantasy.
Now this is what you call feedback.
Hopefully blizzard will pick up on it.

Here is mine.

The Frost DK class fantasy seems to be a harbinger of death utilizing the power of cold to do so.
However it doesn't feel like this. The Breath of Sindragosa synergy with Hungering Rune Weapon we had in Nighthold was very fun and felt powerfull to play.

Any fight on live and on beta I have done sofar, it always seems that other DPS have a higher and longer burst. Since we lack mobility it feels like we need to catch up to other dps classes. And dont catch up fast enough.

Good example is specific add damage. If you look at Kin'garoth on live, almost every DK plays BoS spec there. When we pre-emptive move to the first add we can do pretty good damage. However moving to the last add will drops us down pretty hard.

This fight plays into our class fantasy but other classes are far better "balanced" and perform better.

Going into BFA we lose pretty much all utility that we currently have in our artifact e.g. Mirrorball and Ice in your Veins. While leveling I can understand this is fine but not in raids or high mythic plus we wont have a place in team compositions. Maybe this will return in some form of Azerite trait.

Hopefully blizzard will push out updates for Frost DK's and gives us finally a spec where we feel as powerfull as our class fantasy describes.

What do you think my fellow DK's?

Suffer well.
18/05/2018 09:36Posted by Bonebasher
Hopefully blizzard will push out updates for Frost DK's and gives us finally a spec where we feel as powerfull as our class fantasy describes.

Dunno, it doens't seem to go any way and pruning seem to be the thing. For example I would love to see Runetap/Runic Empowerment talents making comeback and all the other ways we had chance refund Runes. Like consuming our diseases. Tying refund mechanics to RNG is just something most don't want.

To add even more, Stances and different Runes should be a thing with DKs. It is just brain dead to spank till you run out of Runes and then spank Runic power spenders.
18/05/2018 11:37Posted by Mönkiäinen
18/05/2018 09:36Posted by Bonebasher

Dunno, it doens't seem to go any way and pruning seem to be the thing. For example I would love to see Runetap/Runic Empowerment talents making comeback and all the other ways we had chance refund Runes. Like consuming our diseases. Tying refund mechanics to RNG is just something most don't want.

To add even more, Stances and different Runes should be a thing with DKs. It is just brain dead to spank till you run out of Runes and then spank Runic power spenders.

Personally I prefer the intricacy of DK to come from something less clunky than floating runes and weird orphaned runes. It created gaps in the rotation which we’ll already have plenty of in BFA.
18/05/2018 12:43Posted by Ryvr

Personally I prefer the intricacy of DK to come from something less clunky than floating runes and weird orphaned runes. It created gaps in the rotation which we’ll already have plenty of in BFA.

Keep them coming the wishes and what you want to see!

Let's make this thread explode with constructive feedback. The more people that post here the higher the chance that Blizzard will notice us.

I know they lurk in Discord servers and on other forums. But this is there own turf.

I'd love to hear what all of you think about the DK class? I know I only posted about Frost but thats what I like to play and have the most experience in.

Make yourself heard.

As for the stances. We used to have Presences which where fun to switch around and it made the gameplay more dynamic.
Can agree.

Obliteration and Pillar of Frost you always combo when available. With BOTH of them being on the GCD you just wasted 3 seconds of pillar of frost. You can claim you should only use one at a time, but that's just silly. You always combo them even with the staggering loss of 3 seconds of your main cooldown. It feels horrible to play.

As for blood the fact that you can only stack 3 stacks of bone shield at a time is nearly unbearable for the rotation to work at low haste levels. I get you want to make main stats more valuable, but for blood to work with low haste levels you also need to buff Marrowrend to apply 5 stacks of bone shield at a time. (Alternatively remove the stack system from bone shield entirely and just make it a 30 sec buff. That is effectively what it is on live with high haste levels.) 3 bone shield stacks per Marrowrend just doesn't work sub 30% haste. The runic power loss from not using heart strike is just too big.

Removing the stacks from bone shield and just making it a 30 sec buff would also fix the horrible bone shield tier of talents. Where you at the moment just pick the talent that hurts your tanking the least.

Yes, I saw the addition of more bone shield stacks through the armor traits. It should be baseline. Not a chance and not a trait you get when fully geared. Come on. A good endgame reward is NOT "Congrats, you are fully geared and your spec is playable now!"
18/05/2018 12:43Posted by Ryvr

I disagree. Having 4 different runes made you use more variety of abilities and it made sense with Frost and Blood before Legion. There was no "weird orphaned runes" if you knew how to do your rotation.

18/05/2018 12:53Posted by Bonebasher
As for the stances. We used to have Presences which where fun to switch around and it made the gameplay more dynamic.

They were must in PvP and some cases in PvE.

18/05/2018 12:53Posted by Bonebasher
I know they lurk in Discord servers and on other forums. But this is there own turf.

I'd love to hear what all of you think about the DK class? I know I only posted about Frost but thats what I like to play and have the most experience in.

Make yourself heard.

First to say I really don't like how these balances, critisism and feedback is done behind locked/hidden channels. So to say most of these aren't heard and simply won't be acknowledged. Plus I really don't think devs have any vision what used to make classes FUN to play and UNIQUE.
I disagree. Having 4 different runes made you use more variety of abilities and it made sense with Frost and Blood before Legion. There was no "weird orphaned runes" if you knew how to do your rotation.

More variety of ablities being? Old plague strike? Our disagreement aside, how would that work in the current iteration of Frost? Have HB and Obli cost different runes? I honestly can't imagine using the old rune system with the new skills and it not creating relatively more gaps than having 6 death runes would.

18/05/2018 13:14Posted by Geráld
Obliteration and Pillar of Frost you always combo when available. With BOTH of them being on the GCD you just wasted 3 seconds of pillar of frost. You can claim you should only use one at a time, but that's just silly. You always combo them even with the staggering loss of 3 seconds of your main cooldown. It feels horrible to play.

[/quote]

This isn't entirely true, if you have 6/6 runes and a good chunk of RP it's better to use the first 5-10s of PoF to spend some resources so you don't overcap, but that aside:

Pillar of Frost barely has any visible animation, aside from a mild cold aura, lacks a direct damage component and hardly ever involves a choice, there are few moments where we hold PoF for a long time. As such the effective combat downtime is 3 seconds: a 1.5 GCD after casting your previous spell. Another 1.5 GCD for casting PoF, and then we can finally get back to playing and doing dmg. Nothing about this choice is intruiging. It does not make for fun gameplay. It just slows the game down.

Obliteration being on the GCD and being buffed by +2s in duration shows the DEVs are aware they are creating their own problems. The +2 seconds literally only accounts to compensate for the -1.5s that are wasted casting a spell. There's no need for this to exist.

In my humble opinion none of this adds interesting choices. Just tedious gameplay.

If the goal is to make wow about RAPID succesive choices then can we please pay attention to the RAPID part? Maybe it's worth putting Dmg CD's, especially for those classes who only have 1 or 2 on a short GCD, 0.5s. I'd really rather see the change reverted completely, but I'm open to suggestions.

If the goal is to slow down the gameplay: Add a direct damage element to PoF like Bloodbath recieved so we might atleast not feel like we're not participating in the fight for a full 3 seconds.

If the goal is to stop cooldown stacking, then shouldn't the classes who stack cooldowns be redesigned rather than everyone getting blanket-nerfed by the GCD?

I like both the BoS and Obli playstyles and I'm willing to wait and see for more raid testing how bad losing WW baseline will really be and if DA holds up.

As an overarching statement I would like to say this: Blizz, a lot of classes are fun almost entirely due to their smooth playstyles with ENOUGH HASTE, another stat squish and tremendously low haste adds another layer of slow to the game on top the GCD. On behalf of the mythic scene, WoW isn't a fast game, please don't make it slower.
19/05/2018 19:28Posted by Ryvr
I honestly can't imagine using the old rune system with the new skills and it not creating relatively more gaps than having 6 death runes would.

So hitting Obli 3 times, hit FS 2 times and then waiting is exiting to you? That this pretty heavy stuff. There was reason why many players didn't pick DK before Legion and why some ppl were really good DKs.
20/05/2018 01:56Posted by Mönkiäinen

So hitting Obli 3 times, hit FS 2 times and then waiting is exiting to you? That this pretty heavy stuff. There was reason why many players didn't pick DK before Legion and why some ppl were really good DKs.

Nono, not at all. This ties back to my first post, I can't claim the basic frost DK rotation is terribly exciting because it isn't, but I'd like the complexity to come from something else, not runes. Think optimising Cold Heart timings, using SS+tier to change up your frost strike usage. Stuff like that, or something else entirely. Frost has always been relatively simpler than unholy, I personally like that, but I don't think Runes are the way to go to fix it.

You ofcourse have every right to disagree, it's a difference of opinion.

ON THE REMOVAL OF REAP-MAGIC IN THE CURRENT BUILD
I was very excited to see DKs get a purge in the form of reap magic. Raids have always underused or overused DK utility. Mythic Aggramar is a terrific example of DKs being terribly powerfull, but in most other fights our grip doesn't get used. Most bosses are immune and very few tactics really require a grip (Again, excluding Aggramar). A purge would give us a very cool utility that fit the DK class fantasy of being anti-magic behemoths.

It gave us a neat little bit of resource generation and a powerfull tool in M+. I have always been annoyed by the fact that a lot of non-mythic mages, shamans and priests don't understand the value of their purge.

I am sad to see it go and would love some word from the devs as to why they thought Reap Magic didn't belong to the DK spec.
I only really play blood properly but I can only echo the stuff regarding bone shield, haste and rotation issues that it's causing right now. Marrowrend either needs to offer far more stacks (5+) per use, have a longer ICD between stack reduction (up from 2 secs to...5, probably), or remove the stack functionality entirely as has been said above. Right now in dungeon content it just feels impossible to maintain them, which will absolutely cripple blood before they start getting gear.

Azerite traits is too late. They should be extra buffs, not things that should be baseline to make the spec workable in the first place.

Also give back Reap Magic, no idea why you took it away. Thoughtseize was coolest, Reap Magic was fine, why remove a neat utility button - and moreso why give it to Demon Hunters who're already dripping in utility?
Posted by Crudbonemeal on US forums:

After further testing against the current build I'm fairly sure the bug is due to refreshing the Bone Shield with Marrowrend. Marrowrend apparently resets the 2-second ICD timer. When this happens the ICD will not remember the last time a charge was consumed. With rapid melee swings the shield will immediately lose one to two charges each time Marrowrend is cast.
@ OP
Not saying I agree with all you said, however;
This is what feedback should be. Fantastic effort Demorbid. I hope the devs take the time to read it as I did.

Not tried much in beta myself, but I do see an issue with mobility and bone shields.
Lets hope they listen.