1 WoW token = 13 Euro's on B.net Ballance

General
I'd like to hear your opinion the fact that we can only have 13 euro B.net balance from this item" when we pay 20 euro for it #with real cash#

I was playing wow 1 day, then I checked AH for a wowtoken, and was amazed to find out how disgussting this game has become. You can clearly read it. It says following" you can reddem a wowtoken for 30 days free gameplay" Or you can convert it to 13 euro of battle.net balance.
We buy cash /= we buy gold

You're a bit late with the faux rage it's been that price since it started and the 'cash' value is the price of a sub rounded up to the nearest whole amount.
Buisnesses exist to make money, bliz is a buisness as simple as that. Look at it from their point.

Player A: has plenty of spare cash, buys tokens to skip grinding gold.
Player B: has little money cannot afford sub, or expansions ect.

Player B types buys tokens posted by player A types using gold they have grinded. They use it for sub/convert it to buy stuff, they are happy cuz they get thegame free.

Player A types sell tokens cuz they got money to spare and hate grinding. They get fast gold so they are happy.

Blizzard tokens used for sub give them an extra 7euros over what a streight bought sub would be, or give 13 euro of balance for every 20 spent so they are happy.

That is the way the buisness world works, keep the majority of your customer base happy (can't keep everyone happy) while trying to make as much money as possible.

If you have a major issue with them then just don't sell or buy them.
To take 7 bucks just as a matter of conversion is dirty. It's 35%; the Goblins in the neutral auction house back then took less.

Don't get me wrong. I really like being able to pay my sub with gold but it would never ever cross my mind to pay 20 bucks for WoW gold.
This is the worst deal in the history of bad deals.
The conversion is awful when looking at the US ones.The EU players are more taxed compred to the US ones.
Not to mention i never liked the idea of switching from pure game time
to bnet balance.
The realm economy is now determind on how mutch the token cost.
14/05/2018 23:09Posted by Molagbál
The conversion is awful when looking at the US ones.The EU players are more taxed compred to the US ones.

VAT? Blame our greedy governments
14/05/2018 23:25Posted by Espanca
14/05/2018 23:09Posted by Molagbál

Wrong.If i remember right my calculations from back then ..anyone who is buying it for real money should pay 17,50€..but blizzard as ever decide to tax EU players more.And the ignorant ones support it.
14/05/2018 23:46Posted by Molagbál
14/05/2018 23:25Posted by Espanca

Wrong.If i remember right my calculations from back then ..anyone who is buying it for real money should pay 17,50€..but blizzard as ever decide to tax EU players more.And the ignorant ones support it.

Well i'm no expert in taxing and I'm dumb so I migh be missing something, but

If for 15usd b.net balance they spend 20usd, for 13eur b.net we'd spend 16.25eur. Adding my country vat of 23% that makes 19.99eur.
To my understanding the whole token deal is pretty profitable for blizz. :)

I dont complain. I only buy tokens with gold to transform game money to real money. This money is used to buy store pets, mounts or possibly save for future blizz games, ect.

Tokens are fine.
i dont see the big deal really :S its a system that makes you able to buy blizzard games for free

so what the coin cost more to buy the you get back on your blizzard balance who tha F cares
I don't see a problem with it. I'm a chef in rlw, working 12-14 hours a day.
Am able to play only on the days off, and have lots of spare money.

I am selling tokens on AH when I need the cash, and one of these lasts me for months in game. While others, who don't want to spend real money on game, farm gold and buy it from me to keep playing for "free".

See? Everybody wins - I am able to gain what I want, others get what they want, and blizard is making a profit.

Now, conversion is bad if you compare - it's deffinietly better to just buy a sub.
But again, I am using gold in game for things others than you it seems, like betting.
15/05/2018 00:04Posted by Espanca
Well i'm no expert in taxing and I'm dumb so I migh be missing something, but

If for 15usd b.net balance they spend 20usd, for 13 eur b.net we'd spend 16.25eur. Adding my country vat of 23% that makes 19.99eur

In the end you taxed your self 2x .The real number from the 13€ and with 23% would be 15,99€.And even if i add your 2. tax it is 3,67€ with totals 19,66€.

You can go multiple ways regarding your starting number but lets say the base price of the 15$ is that number (witch has no VAT) after the EU conversion it is 12,59€(somehow the Blizz store calculated it is 13,but then someone will show up and say "it is suppoes to be = to that of the sub",yes but the point is still the conversion from €/$ doesnt fit for the sub again).
Now tax it for all EU lets say 25% you end up 3,15€ witch is total 15,75€.This should be the real number after the VAT.And after you add the Blizzard tax the 5$(they are chargin the US costumers) and convert it to € 4,20, you end up with the 19,95€ they are using for the base line now day's.

But lets go from the 20$ number (mind you no EU VAT) after the conversion it is 16,79€ and if we took 25% as the tax, you are then taxed 4,20€ witch in total is 20,99€.(this one has the Blizzard tax included from the US side mind you that)
the token system is entirely optional, you can grind gold and play for free using it or you can sell tokens for in game gold. of you can not do either.

if you don't like the exchange your getting then don't use it.

personally I have a full time job, have plenty of cash and hate grinding for gold in game when I have some free time to play , so I buy tokens every few months when and if I need to buy something I want, also because you can now convert in game gold amounts into what the real world cash value is it means when I look at buying an item in game I normally quickly work out its real cash value and decide based on that if its worth it or overpriced.
Optional system to play a subscription game for free and you cry about it. Pathetic whining.
Why do people even buy gold with cash? WoW is showering you in gold everywhere - world quests, mission table and nothing to spend that gold on.
15/05/2018 07:33Posted by Molagbál

In the end you taxed your self 2x .The real number from the 13€ and with 23% would be 15,99€.And even if i add your 2. tax it is 3,67€ with totals 19,66€.

No, I only taxed the vat, the 1st "tax" is the blizzard profit wich i wanted to add as 33%, proporcional to the 15-20usd, but I now realize I made a calc mistake and the true proporcional value would be 13-17.34eur.

With today eur to usd conversion of 1.19, removing that 19% from their profit we'd get 16.65 but then they'd be making less money on eu token sale compared to us, to be equal profit they'd need to charge 17.20eur (the 5usd/token on top of the 13eur sub). Mind you I'm adressing the token profit exclusively, not the differences on sub prices.
Adding a vat of 25% we'd be looking at 21.5eur token price for eu

So if anything, we have it good? On token bisness, compared to US customers.

15/05/2018 07:33Posted by Molagbál

Now tax it for all EU lets say 25% you end up 3,15€ witch is total 15,75€.This should be the real number after the VAT.And after you add the Blizzard tax the 5$(they are chargin the US costumers) and convert it to € 4,20, you end up with the 19,95€ they are using for the base line now day's.

Thing is, the vat must be added after the blizzard tax
15/05/2018 08:47Posted by Hierithom
Optional system to play a subscription game for free and you cry about it. Pathetic whining.

I agree.

No one is forcing you to change your gold into bnet currency. However it is allowing you to do so and buy games for FREE. It works on the basis that someone is paying for it at some point. The token you buy to convert is bought by someone for IRL money.
15/05/2018 09:13Posted by Zim
Why do people even buy gold with cash? WoW is showering you in gold everywhere - world quests, mission table and nothing to spend that gold on.
i am wondering about this too
15/05/2018 09:13Posted by Zim

Because I'm lazy. & I mostly play low level alts for exploration & traveling so the money I make from questing is very very low.