[A-RP] The Amberleaf Blossom

Argent Dawn
1 2 3 9 Next
*As tensions rise and conflict unfolds, a small series of couriers arrive at settlements around Stormwind, Lakeshire, Darkshire, even Sentinel Hill. Putting up notices with re-assuring messages elegantly written upon them, while happy, motivated beggars do the same thing around the various districts of Stormwind itself*

People of Azeroth, and of the Alliance, we're all aware of criminal organizations, bandit gangs and delusional fanatic groups roam around, damaging the fabric of our community and even the Alliance itself. Society and common decency gradually fades away as increased numbers of these bloodthirsty individuals, known for both assaulting and even killing civilians, criminal gangs hiding in alleys and taverns and pretentious, so-called "soldiers" preaching the Alliance name right before attacking unarmed citizens roam freely, a group of which recently burned a village in Redridge, several guards have admitted to a lack of care, others are corrupt, some preferring not to get involved because of the trouble that follows when they do, and if the guards do not provide protection, then it falls to the commonfolk to defend themselves and their neighbours. There is no law saying the people are not allowed to defend themselves or each-other.

The longer these groups linger around, unpunished and without opposition, the bolder and more cruel they become, they do not understand what their actions do to themselves and those around them, some fanatics even brand you traitors just for having a different opinion to theirs, thereby thinking they have a right to just kill you in the Alliance, or the Light's name. Or, worst of all. To satisfy their basic desires to cause violence and suffering to good people. This kind of behaviour damages the Alliance, and our community, from within, and will easily allow its enemies to overwhelm us unless they are stopped. For if they aren't, they are sure to eventually cross a line that triggers people demanding an all-out civil war..and if that happens. There won't be an Alliance. Only rubble and fire. The Horde will have won because of these zealots and criminals.

And now, they spread their influence all around us. Traitors and brigands reach out to claim land they have no right to own, others, to force people to join them under threat of death or torture. They grow in number. And so shall we.

However. All it takes for such evil to succeed is that good people do nothing. And I know there are good people out there. For several of them have already dedicated themselves to the one team that will be that opposition. And their downfall.

"The Amberleaf Blossom" has grown and prospered, when people doubted it would even escape its seed, and it continues to grow still. Led by two unified minds. And a dedicated team of officers, we have already seen to the downfall of a few criminal groups. With more to follow.

If you have a willingness to contribute to the cause, it does not matter how you do it. From a combatant, to someone who works in the shadows, to scouts and information gatherers, to people more versed in the business side of things, such as providing equipment and supplies to us and our allies. Even the smallest of contributions can go a long way. Even if you doubt yourself, there is always a way to help.

Even an average everyday citizen is free to be a part of our team. Either as a means of seeking protection or wanting a safe place to voice their opinion without fear of being silenced.

By joining "The Amberleaf Blossom", you show the world that you believe in what's right. Whether it is honor and justice, or a chance at redemption. And that you too, wish to see a better future for yourself and those around you. Though we might not all share the same perspective or opinion, that will also be our biggest strength. Each capable of seeing something another may not. A unity of minds to form flawless plans for the future.

To join, seek out those possessing an amber-coloured leaf on their person. Either in banner, tabard or a literal leaf. Our recruitment team is active and happy to help.

OOC info: A guild made of people with good intentions, though of different mindsets and experiences, they work together to unify people and strengthen the community, taking in anyone who is opposing crime and oppression of the people, people who are willing to do the right thing, protecting the weak, opposing the wannabe Scarlets, cults, gangs and even dangerous creatures that threaten towns, Operations began in Stormwind, however we're quickly expanding to outside towns and villages, non-military and no uniforms needed, be you war-veteran, ex-criminal, or just an everyday civilian who seeks protection, speak to one of us and something will be arranged :)

"Our weapon is our unity, we may be different in perspective and mind, but together we are unbreakable."

Several events will be planned in the future, with officers and members alike free to create or suggest their own, with some already partially in motion, the guild has two leaders and has organised different "teams" within the group, such as one for recruitment and the other for business, we have our own discord server with IC channels and a very friendly bunch of people brewing up a storyline!)

Some frequently asked questions:

Where can you find us?
Until a proper IC base of operations is set up somewhere, we find ourselves in Stormwind when not out on missions for ourselves or our allies (though we may take breaks from the big city to visit other towns), or even camping out somewhere as part of a RP campaign or the likes, Serenial herself often wanders around on recruitment efforts, but so does some of the assigned officers within the guild. Finding us won't be an issue :D

Do you really fight for the Alliance?
We're neutral for the most part. We protect people regardless of race or origin. A civilian is still a civilian, even if it is an orc, goblin or tauren. Not everyone is a capable fighter nor do they wish to be, we may base ourselves in Alliance territory right now but progressive stories are full of changes, and once we're big enough, we aim to have separate teams working in different continents!

Are there any restrictions on who you accept?
No, be you fighter, civilian, trader or healer, or even an ex-criminal looking to make amends. If you have the simple desire to represent our symbol in some way, you are more than welcome to be part of the growing family. And we are sure to host events that will revolve around more than just combat.

What are some of the ground rules of the Amberleaf?
Nothing out of the ordinary here. We ask that any drama be taken up with one of the two leaders or an officer. We ask that no unnecessary fights are started, particularly within major RP hubs such as cities. And in terms of alts, we have a small restriction on those as well. Three characters per account max in the guild. (Essentially, your main and 2 alts), this is to ensure two things, one, that you're able to have some degree of variety in RP and ways to ICly contribute while being part of the guild, and also to prevent the guild turning into an altaholic mess and ensure things stay active. Up to one month of inactive time is allowed, unless you inform one of us that you cannot play due to reasons, in which case special exceptions can be made.

What inspired the leaders to make this guild?
The answer to that is easy, really. After spending a long time watching the various guilds around, we noticed a pattern. Many of them followed a strict theme/event style that led to lack of diversity and only really catered to a specific number of people. The growing trend of priesthood and military guilds, we saw that the community was a real mess in terms of lacking variety. And decided to form a guild that sought to work to make things fun, and better. And generally more appealing to a wider audience!

Do you have any allies?
We do, we have allies and friends in multiple guilds, Truesteel Talons, Red Hilt, friends with Stonefist Clan, just to name a few. And we're more than happy to work with further alliances should other groups work well with the Amberleaf ICly.

What kind of events will you do?
Combat and story-based events, along with some smaller, side-plot tales, that can range between fighting bandits, to monsters threatening a settlement, to organised criminal organisations. With, of-course. Training sessions, relaxing parties, trading and cargo transport, and casual exploration. We're happy to allow our members to create and host events of their own design :)

We have our own official discord server, where much of our communication regarding events (and witty banter!) goes on, joining it is purely optional however, as we're aware not everyone has/wishes to use discord :)

"All it takes for evil to succeed is that good people do nothing."

Will likely update this over time.
NO! Our grand scheme to ruin the Alliance's internal affairs!
Surely you mean OUR grand scheme to ruin the Alliance's internal affairs?
14/05/2018 20:32Posted by Fentonius
Surely you mean OUR grand scheme to ruin the Alliance's internal affairs?

You mistaken us for the Horde...
Bump! Small update, we now have an official Discord server and gained some outside-guild tag supporters.

The search for honorable, anti-crime/zealot folks continues with progress!
Guild information updated!
Bump. Further updates, added a FAQ.
I was distraught to find that this thread was not a Guild surrounding the blessed amber grief

https://i0.wp.com/theherbalblend.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/amberleaf50g-1.jpg?resize=768%2C512
Ah you are still around? Excellent!
We've always been around! Just been doing quite a few events lately.
We look onward to beyond the city! Since certain elements within said city like to stir up drama then not accept consequences..oh well! More fun to be had elsewhere
07/11/2018 10:46Posted by Serenial
ince certain elements within said city like to stir up drama then not accept consequences

OH MAN! Want me to get started on that part? Cause I could.
07/11/2018 10:46Posted by Serenial
We look onward to beyond the city! Since certain elements within said city like to stir up drama then not accept consequences..oh well! More fun to be had elsewhere

Not to flame or cause any drama but I think you should let it go. It's pretty clear what this allures to and it's really, really in the past.

"Relax! Life is to be savoured!" to quote the Pandaren.
Good guild for people seeking a different path in a casual manner, quite nice in-character as well.

Good Luck in the future.~
Your guild concept is well thought out and it sounds interesting, minus the part where you throw shade at military guilds which I don't think was necessary. Overall though, it sounds like a good guild and I wish you the best of luck! :)

You may want to keep IC as IC though, you have a tendency to bring IC into OOC and that won't boad well with you guild. It makes you come across as childish, which isn't good for recruitment. Anyway, good luck!
07/11/2018 11:50Posted by Feiyan
Your guild concept is well thought out and it sounds interesting, minus the part where you throw shade at military guilds which I don't think was necessary. Overall though, it sounds like a good guild and I wish you the best of luck! :)

You may want to keep IC as IC though, you have a tendency to bring IC into OOC and that won't boad well with you guild. It makes you come across as childish, which isn't good for recruitment. Anyway, good luck!

Appreciate the feedback, though I do keep the two separate :) It's just yesterday I received some unnecessary OOC abuse over an IC matter, so now we've all agreed to ignore the upstarts and look elsewhere.
Wait.. so hold on.. Your guild is NEUTRAL?

Why the hell do you constantly speak about dangers to the Alliance then and having to root them out? It's none of your business if you're not even part of it.
Not to mention the constant talking about the Bloody Verdict for things former guild members did, who was removed from the guild for said actions.

Serenial, YOU are the one stirring up stuff constantly, I've flown over you several times a day and every time you were talking about the Verdict, even shouting at them despite them ignoring you.
You really need to let this OOC grudge go.

And that's not even getting started on the amount of times I have spotted you doing BadRP by drawing weapons in front of NPC guards for no reason.

Just.. stop.
It's s-hiting up the server.
14/05/2018 20:16Posted by Serenial
"All it takes for evil to succeed is that good people do nothing."

Good to know I should warn the guards about your IC behaviour of Horde sympathizing and yelling in the street like a Doomsayer.

Thanks for reminding me!
07/11/2018 12:23Posted by Mackon
Wait.. so hold on.. Your guild is NEUTRAL?

Why the hell do you constantly speak about dangers to the Alliance then and having to root them out? It's none of your business if you're not even part of it.
Not to mention the constant talking about the Bloody Verdict for things former guild members did, who was removed from the guild for said actions.

Serenial, YOU are the one stirring up stuff constantly, I've flown over you several times a day and every time you were talking about the Verdict, even shouting at them despite them ignoring you.
You really need to let this OOC grudge go.

And that's not even getting started on the amount of times I have spotted you doing BadRP by drawing weapons in front of NPC guards for no reason.

Just.. stop.
It's s-hiting up the server.

Uh-huh..because the Verdict totally didn't cause a mess last night by outright trolling, using people on mammoth mounts, placing banners, using /e OOCly to swear at me, making fun of people with mental issues via whisper (bannable offences btw, counts as bullying/harassment)

I kept everything IC, and took none of it OOC, they're the ones who decided to bring it up OOC, and when they got desperate enough, took things IC as well, you don't call someone a "Foxf***" OOCly then have a random, guildless 110 hunter (boosted or trial, could tell by the gear) ICly walk over to offer Sere a fox to "sleep with"

Sere has NEVER drawn weapons unless the person she draws them at, is 100% confirmed a criminal breaking the law, and even then she only did it once or twice, -and- the Verdict have frequently had individual members approach and harass her (or other guild members) looking for drama.

As such, my entire guild was quite happy to report and ignore them for their harassment, and we've told others to do the same, what was exclusively an IC issue was turned OOC by them, not us :)