09.46 AM and none still complaining about BFA pathfinder?

General
16/05/2018 09:57Posted by Blindrush
The part one looks like it could be completed in 1-2 days max. Explore all zones and finish all the quest lines in the zones. you get that while levelling up Unless......

there is no time gating
1-2 days max? Good luck hitting revered with every faction available.
16/05/2018 10:02Posted by Happytree
16/05/2018 09:57Posted by Blindrush
The part one looks like it could be completed in 1-2 days max. Explore all zones and finish all the quest lines in the zones. you get that while levelling up Unless......

there is no time gating

We dont know yet. Questing prob wont award you with exalted. You prob need to gring 30.000+ rep by doing dailys/worldquests over and over and over and over and over again on a 1-3 daily basis.
YAY THATS WHAT I CALL FUN AND ENGAGING GAMEPLAY. Prob quests are a remake of quests you already did. I cant wait having to do that!

Only revered. not exalted needed :)
16/05/2018 09:06Posted by Lunétte
More worried about what classes will feel like. Taken from reddit - https://i.imgur.com/In11hGV.jpg

watch this. He basially says everything every balance druid palyer thinks right now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tC8-PKH_wI
16/05/2018 09:57Posted by Holystephan

Part 1 just gives increased movement speed in 2 zones you still need part 1 + 2 for flying coming in a later patch prob before a new zone where you aren't allowed to fly.

So you earn it for no reason :))

Tbh I really hate their trend of disabling flight on "last raid of the expansion island". I took a long break between the end of TBC and came back couple weeks after release of Antorus. At first I thought it was just for Isle of Quel'Danas since it was on Azeroth and flying wasn't available there back then, but noticed they've done the same for Isle of Thunder, Timeless Isle and Argus. Can't really talk for what it was like between TBC and Legion, but speaking for Argus, It serves no purpose other than annoying players that are trying to go to the raid entrance. It's not interesting, not enjoyable, not immersive and those mobs in the way are neither challenging nor hard, its just pure annoyance.
16/05/2018 10:03Posted by Iva

there is no time gating
1-2 days max? Good luck hitting revered with every faction available.

srry i didnt read the reverred requirement. but you anyways become honored by the time you finish the zone. hitting reverred.. well might take a week or two
... 1-2 days max? Good luck hitting revered with every faction available.

srry i didnt read the reverred requirement. but you anyways become honored by the time you finish the zone. hitting reverred.. well might take a week or two

Thats still a WEEK or 2 of unfun, daily horrible gameplay you are forced to do! Thats 2 weeks too much if you ask me.
Sincerely i didnt find PF in legion so bad. with 1st char you can gain it and with alts it's like fresh water. I would cancel time gating. But ofc Blizz will find another way to avoid 24h players to take PF in 2 days.
And havin both faction quests done it's just the beginning (if isnt a betabug).

Happytree: why do you hate not having flyin? I can understand that in argus. but the zones ive walked in in beta werent so bad.
I'm fine with pathfinder as a way to unlock flying, what i don't like it's how it's named part one, meaning that this will not unlock flying yet. So my issues are with when will part two be aviable.

I think each pathfinder part should unlock flying to the content aviable when they introduce the achievement, with the possibility to add new pathfinder achievements for new patch zones.

So considering legion, 7.1 should've been the right time to unlock flying on the broken isles questing zones, while 7.2 pathfinder part two should've only worked to unlock flying on the broken shore.
16/05/2018 10:19Posted by Tèsla
with 1st char you can gain it

Which is fine if you like your first char. For me, I got this DK to 110 first and had most progress on this DK so I had to unlock everything on this char which I didn't even want to play because FDK sucked so much in Legion. I had to unlock the whole of flying before I could even level a character I actually wanted to play because I refused to do all that questing around those obnoxious map/quest designs on foot again.
The only bad thing about pathfinder is that it's probably going to be timegated again... for me they can make the achievement of hell i dont care just dont timegate it!!!!
16/05/2018 10:22Posted by Infuria
16/05/2018 10:19Posted by Tèsla
with 1st char you can gain it

Which is fine if you like your first char. For me, I got this DK to 110 first and had most progress on this DK so I had to unlock everything on this char which I didn't even want to play because FDK sucked so much in Legion. I had to unlock the whole of flying before I could even level a character I actually wanted to play because I refused to do all that questing around those obnoxious map/quest designs on foot again.

Ive done that with my main (a monk). after i unlocked PF1\2 ive played with this toon and my DK (best story ever) and other 2. The problem is timegating. I think BFA wouuld be never so terrible like in legion. But probably some further patch will have no fly zone like argus (i hope not)...
16/05/2018 08:48Posted by Tèsla
Why!! cmon guys!!! Read notes on wowhead! There is even a beta bug.

Wut
16/05/2018 10:31Posted by Punyelf
16/05/2018 08:48Posted by Tèsla
Why!! cmon guys!!! Read notes on wowhead! There is even a beta bug.

Wut

Currently, the achievement shows both Alliance and Horde criteria into it, likely a beta bug. (copuy and paste from wowhead)
16/05/2018 10:28Posted by Tèsla
DK (best story ever)
Yeah the campaign is pretty cool.
16/05/2018 10:28Posted by Tèsla
The problem is timegating. I think BFA wouuld be never so terrible like in legion.

Never underestimate Blizzard.

Waiting 8 months to allow people to unlock flying was ridiculous in Legion and it will be ridiculous in BfA. The sense of exploring a new world will have been gone long before then.
16/05/2018 11:49Posted by Kehinaan
Never underestimate Blizzard.

Waiting 8 months to allow people to unlock flying was ridiculous in Legion and it will be ridiculous in BfA. The sense of exploring a new world will have been gone long before then.

This would be terrible.

I also think the timegating is the absolute worst thing with the previous pathfinders. Having to do things is tolerable. Having to wait for almost a year just because is much less tolerable.
Don't mind the pathfinder if it was just explore all the areas, do all the questlines available at release, find all treasures around the place and grind a reputation that can be manually ground (not locked behind a select amount of dailies that dose enough rep every day to delay you for months).

But it isn't. Pathfinder is just a lock that doesn't unlock until the part two is released over a year into the expansion, locked behind a reputation that doesn't exist before that. Rest of the stuff on the achievement itself is just fluff.

Edit: The achievement is not designed to be achieved, it's designed to not be achieved until a point at which Blizzard considers flying worthless enough.
What's there to complain about, it was well known fact the the pathfinder will be there and this one requires less stuff to do than Broken Isles Part 1.

The fact that it displays requirements for both factions might be just the case of it being still not finished
As long as they don't put in some tedious grind in Part: two. It looks fine.
Nothing wrong with experiencing the content once.

I'm sure they'll mess part two up with some tedious WQ/Islands/warfronts repetition. :>
16/05/2018 09:06Posted by Lunétte
More worried about what classes will feel like. Taken from reddit - https://i.imgur.com/In11hGV.jpg

Think of Legion but half as good.