Warcraft Movie Props Auction!

General
Went to watch Adam Savage's new video on YouTube only to see that it was titled, 'Adam Savage's New Warcraft Armor!'.
Holy hell he went and got the full Ally foot soldier armour.

Thankfully he left a link to the company that are selling of the WETA Workshop/Legendary props

https://propstore.com/?_ga=2.4951987.1689236828.1526470799-86972234.1526470799

I hope you have deep pockets if you hope to get something. Most items start at $300 up to armour costing $1.000+

For you mages out there Medivh's (Ben Foster) Elwynn Forest Costume and 'Atiesh' Staff is at $1,300 (£962)

575 item in total. I have not looked at them all yet. The auction ends 25th May at 9:00am PDT

Do remember to read carefuly the FAQ of Ordering and shipping if you are thinking of buying. Also Inport Tax.
I watched Adam's video over on the Tested channel the other night. Seeing how excited he got over opening all the bits and pieces and then just geek out when wearing it was amazing.
Definitely worth the watch and I would highly recommend checking out the auction even if it's just to look. Some of the items they have up are just so incredibly detailed it's beautiful to just browse.
Does the props being sold mean WC2 movie won't be happening? I havent seen a single franchise sell their stuff if they are going to continue making it.
Id love to get it but i dont for that kind of money to burn.
Still cool though. When get home il watch his vid.
I always watched him in mythbusters in past on discovry channel .
16/05/2018 16:36Posted by Oniq
Does the props being sold mean WC2 movie won't be happening? I havent seen a single franchise sell their stuff if they are going to continue making it.

Yeah, that made me sad.
16/05/2018 18:45Posted by Ananda

Yeah, that made me sad.

This D:

Of course.

Warcraft movie flopped. I haven't even seen it because I respect the game too much to watch that trash film they did of it.
The only reason it wasn't a complete financial disaster is because of china.

Yep I was thinging that. Your not going to sell off the props if you are going to make a Warcraft 2 film. Just daft to make a bunch of new ones if you can use the old ones, not money sence.
Production Budget: $160 million
Worldwide grosses: $433,677,183

I don't count that as a flop. Ok so half of that amount comes from China. But why does that matter?
16/05/2018 16:34Posted by Tizaksul
I watched Adam's video over on the Tested channel the other night. Seeing how excited he got over opening all the bits and pieces and then just geek out when wearing it was amazing.
Definitely worth the watch and I would highly recommend checking out the auction even if it's just to look. Some of the items they have up are just so incredibly detailed it's beautiful to just browse.

The fact that there is an auction should come up on the Launcher. More people would know.
16/05/2018 18:45Posted by Ananda

Yeah, that made me sad.

Yes, you're correct. When the SG series was cancelled for good they sold off all the stuff. That's why my twin has the world's biggest private collection of its props. When the currently showing 'SG Origins' series was being filmed, he kindly lent them the DHD (and other stuff) because they wanted one and didn't want to fork out for one being made.
16/05/2018 19:19Posted by Kardach
Production Budget: $160 million
Worldwide grosses: $433,677,183

I don't count that as a flop. Ok so half of that amount comes from China. But why does that matter?

Roughly half of that gross goes to cinemas. Which means you're left with 215 m (give or take). You then have to factor in the large advertising budget that was spent promoting the film. That will have also run into many millions.

The WoW film was therefore likely a 'loss' for the studio(s). (They didn't recoup the money they spent to make it and try to put bums on seats).
16/05/2018 18:50Posted by Ixenn
I haven't even seen it

that trash film they did of it.

Is it just me??
The costumes look awesome!!!

Sadly I didn't earn enough money to spare and to get one yet :'(!

Have lot of bills to pay....
16/05/2018 19:19Posted by Kardach

Because just like in Japan where only Japanese market matters to publishers to Holywood only USA matters no matter how well the product does outside. So to Holywood the film was a big flop because they only made about 1/4th of the budget domestically.

Lifetime Grosses
Domestic : $47,365,290
- Opening Weekend : $24,166,110
Foreign : $386,311,893
Total : $433,677,183

Basically the profit was made in foreign soil and about 90% of total grosses.
17/05/2018 13:11Posted by Sunspot
Is it just me??

Nope.. I saw it too..

Of course.

Warcraft movie flopped. I haven't even seen it because I respect the game too much to watch that trash film they did of it.
The only reason it wasn't a complete financial disaster is because of china.

Same stance on the film as myself. Even with China giving the lion's share of the profits on it it was not a commercial success I think the time of year it came out was a minor mitigating factor in the northern hemisphere. Still it is what it is.
I was surprised the duct tape didnt break when he touched it.
17/05/2018 13:11Posted by Sunspot
I haven't even seen it

that trash film they did of it.

Is it just me??

No, not just you. I have to ask the obvious question - how do you know it's a trash film without seeing it?
17/05/2018 21:19Posted by Gorewolf
I was surprised the duct tape didnt break when he touched it.

It's all made by WETA. The same people that did the LotR films, no duct tape in sight.